What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-12-2016, 10:04 PM
RE: What are you playing?
Playing Civilization V. Greece declares war on India, being a friend to India I declare war on Greece, they try to take my weakest city and fail. They offer peace by giving me Sparta.

Having tons of fun with this game.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-01-2017, 02:47 PM
(31-12-2016 10:04 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Playing Civilization V. Greece declares war on India, being a friend to India I declare war on Greece, they try to take my weakest city and fail. They offer peace by giving me Sparta.

Naturally you declined because why take a pathetic offering of one city when you can have all the cities and teach everyone else a lesson not to fuck with you.

[Image: oscar.png]
01-01-2017, 03:00 PM
(01-01-2017 02:47 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(31-12-2016 10:04 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Playing Civilization V. Greece declares war on India, being a friend to India I declare war on Greece, they try to take my weakest city and fail. They offer peace by giving me Sparta.

Naturally you declined because why take a pathetic offering of one city when you can have all the cities and teach everyone else a lesson not to fuck with you.

Nah I accepted. It was a temporary peace treaty so A. I could get a city close to their others since my others are quite far and B. gives me a chance to build an army there so when the treaty ends I'll be even more ready.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
02-01-2017, 04:25 AM
I have slain the Taurus demon. I already know a bit of what to do in the beginning of Dark Souls since I've watched speedruns, but the rest I don't remember much of so it'll be more fresh.

02-01-2017, 05:19 AM (This post was last modified: 02-01-2017 05:28 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(01-01-2017 03:00 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(01-01-2017 02:47 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Naturally you declined because why take a pathetic offering of one city when you can have all the cities and teach everyone else a lesson not to fuck with you.

Nah I accepted. It was a temporary peace treaty so A. I could get a city close to their others since my others are quite far and B. gives me a chance to build an army there so when the treaty ends I'll be even more ready.

I routinely refuse peace in Civ: Beyond Earth, because accepting it seen as a positive gain in your relationship with that faction, which carries an immediate reciprocal negative reaction with every other faction that currently views negatively the faction you are at war with. Combine that with the fact that unless you can get on a fast track of gaining positive reputation with them, you'll soon have them declaring war again. If you do real well and your military might far outstrips their own, then they'll still declare war on you out of fear and desperation, because your own force intimidates them so. Diplomacy in Civ:BE is very fluid, and can be quite wonky.

So that's why I usually play a trading empire (Al Falah or Polystralia), and basically become everyone's second best friend. Coast through the early and midgame being on good terms with everyone and keeping out of everyone else war (which you cannot do if you're actually allied, as you immediately declare war with your allies when they go to war). So I just blaze through the tech web and build up my culture, eating up most of the wonders, and start churning out end-game units long before anyone else reaches that tech level. Even when shit gets real in the endgame and factions turn on me because I've started the victory countdown conditions (activating the beacon, opening the warpgate to Earth, etc.), even if they've unlocked final version of basic units, nobody matches my supply of siege units and defensive fortifications. Plus there's still usually at least one or two other factions who share the same affinity (purity, superiority, or harmony), and won't go hostile in the late game.

Yep, my two favorite factions are the Space Muslims and the Space Kiwis. Go fucking figure.

[Image: 2KGMKT_CIV_BERT_LEADER_PROFILE_IMAGE_AL_FALAH.jpg]

[Image: 2KGMKT_CIV_BE_LEADER_PROFILE_IMAGE_POLYS...Hutama.jpg]

Also, General Vadim Kozlov (leader of the Slavic Federation) is a warmongering cunt.

[Image: be_kozlov.jpg]

^ This jackass right here. Just look at him! Fuckin' cunt. ^

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
02-01-2017, 06:00 AM
Stupid Nuka-World offends my wet blanket lawful good RPG sentimentality, so now I gotta go do research before going full raider boss on the commonwealth. If there's more caps to be made on the raider path, fuck 'em. Big Grin

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-01-2017, 06:22 AM
(02-01-2017 05:19 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(01-01-2017 03:00 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Nah I accepted. It was a temporary peace treaty so A. I could get a city close to their others since my others are quite far and B. gives me a chance to build an army there so when the treaty ends I'll be even more ready.

I routinely refuse peace in Civ: Beyond Earth, because accepting it seen as a positive gain in your relationship with that faction, which carries an immediate reciprocal negative reaction with every other faction that currently views negatively the faction you are at war with. Combine that with the fact that unless you can get on a fast track of gaining positive reputation with them, you'll soon have them declaring war again. If you do real well and your military might far outstrips their own, then they'll still declare war on you out of fear and desperation, because your own force intimidates them so. Diplomacy in Civ:BE is very fluid, and can be quite wonky.

So that's why I usually play a trading empire (Al Falah or Polystralia), and basically become everyone's second best friend. Coast through the early and midgame being on good terms with everyone and keeping out of everyone else war (which you cannot do if you're actually allied, as you immediately declare war with your allies when they go to war). So I just blaze through the tech web and build up my culture, eating up most of the wonders, and start churning out end-game units long before anyone else reaches that tech level. Even when shit gets real in the endgame and factions turn on me because I've started the victory countdown conditions (activating the beacon, opening the warpgate to Earth, etc.), even if they've unlocked final version of basic units, nobody matches my supply of siege units and defensive fortifications. Plus there's still usually at least one or two other factions who share the same affinity (purity, superiority, or harmony), and won't go hostile in the late game.

Yep, my two favorite factions are the Space Muslims and the Space Kiwis. Go fucking figure.

[Image: 2KGMKT_CIV_BERT_LEADER_PROFILE_IMAGE_AL_FALAH.jpg]

[Image: 2KGMKT_CIV_BE_LEADER_PROFILE_IMAGE_POLYS...Hutama.jpg]

Also, General Vadim Kozlov (leader of the Slavic Federation) is a warmongering cunt.

[Image: be_kozlov.jpg]

^ This jackass right here. Just look at him! Fuckin' cunt. ^

General strategy game rule: Peace is for weak ass bitches.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
02-01-2017, 06:27 AM (This post was last modified: 02-01-2017 06:30 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(02-01-2017 06:22 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  General strategy game rule: Peace is for weak ass bitches.

Peace is for the closet sociopaths that destroy all when everyone least expects it. Drinking Beverage

I've won Domination victories on more than a few occasions by accident, because they'd rather be steam rolled then let me win by countdown timer. There is no diplomacy victory in Beyond Earth. Because of the Affinity system, every game ends in battle.

Every.

Single.

One.

02-01-2017, 06:40 AM
(12-12-2016 10:39 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  You have ridden the mighty siege worm! Truly, you are Muad'Dib, the Kwisatz Haderach! (Seriously wish I could play that, but laptop is too out of date. I've watched some really great Let's Plays.)

If your laptop can handle Starcraft II, it can handle Beyond Earth. I got it to run on a computer at work, with Intel integrated graphics.

Civilization: Beyond Earth Minimum Requirements

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8 GHz or AMD Athlon X2 64 2.0 GHz
RAM: 2 GB
Video Card: 256 MB ATI Radeon HD 3650 or better, 256 MB NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT or better, or Intel HD 3000 or better integrated graphics.

Look at that, a nVidia 8800GT? I had one of those (with 512MB VRAM) with my first gaming PC, back in 2008. The computers I use at work have Intel 4400 series integrated graphics chips. Granted I have to run the game at Low settings across the board and in 720p windowed mode to get a decent frame rate, but it is more than playable.

02-01-2017, 02:37 PM
Well if it helps any, Greece doesn't exist anymore.