What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-01-2017, 02:17 AM
RE: What are you playing?
(03-01-2017 04:59 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Ooo found a site where I can link some of my clips.

Game from this morning. SMG fav weapon for sure, that thing destroys. Teammates just stand and watch as I 3v1 that's fine.

Note the two cheeky grenade kills at the end.

A game of super fiesta (you get given random weapons every time you spawn. I got given a BR with a bayonet, the bayonet makes melee a 1hit kill. Come at me bro.

Why the love the brute rifle.

Another game of super fiesta with the god awful incineration cannon.

All your shit is broken son.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-01-2017, 02:29 AM
(03-01-2017 02:35 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  
(03-01-2017 02:17 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  I stay away from Dark Souls - difficulty does not make game more fun for me.

I like the atmosphere and the character design. Big Grin

I want to like that game so much, but every time I do, the game gives me the double middle finger salute. I'm tired of losing a half an hour or more of progress because a 1-hit kill jump scare is their idea of 'atmosphere'.

I was in the Undead Village, and fighting one of the fat hags with the long mace and who give the fiery bear hugs, when an undead hound jumped out of nowhere and struck me from behind, which left me staggered and that cunt finished me off with 2 hits I couldn't block. Died with about 2 levels ups worth of souls. Upon respawning and heading back, had a bad run in with this giant motherfuckers carrying around the massive bowls. Blocked the first attack, which instantly staggered me; but it's 4 hit combo. The next hit, which I was unable to do shit about, knocked me prone; then he smashed me 2 more times and killed me. Fuck that. Fuck that bullshit hard. An hour's worth of progress lost, because stun locking the player is their idea of a good time.

Fuck that.

[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
04-01-2017, 02:38 AM
(04-01-2017 02:29 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(03-01-2017 02:35 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  I like the atmosphere and the character design. Big Grin

I want to like that game so much, but every time I do, the game gives me the double middle finger salute. I'm tired of losing a half an hour or more of progress because a 1-hit kill jump scare is their idea of 'atmosphere'.

I was in the Undead Village, and fighting one of the fat hags with the long mace and who give the fiery bear hugs, when an undead hound jumped out of nowhere and struck me from behind, which left me staggered and that cunt finished me off with 2 hits I couldn't block. Died with about 2 levels ups worth of souls. Upon respawning and heading back, had a bad run in with this giant motherfuckers carrying around the massive bowls. Blocked the first attack, which instantly staggered me; but it's 4 hit combo. The next hit, which I was unable to do shit about, knocked me prone; then he smashed me 2 more times and killed me. Fuck that. Fuck that bullshit hard. An hour's worth of progress lost, because stun locking the player is their idea of a good time.

Fuck that.

I tried (and beat) Lords of the Fallen. If Dark Souls is any harder then it simply isn't my kind of game.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
04-01-2017, 02:38 AM
World of Warships

I was *clean* for over one year, but now, may the lord have mercy......on my foes, i got me the Yamato. The Titanic

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
04-01-2017, 05:16 AM
[Image: 56BB1FD7B1926760CADA8F3812A2DDD8638999B0]

Entry from an unknown Hauptmann:

The attack on Switzerland was a success; the battle lasted barely 4 days by my reckoning thanks to the Fallschirmjäger divisions which dropped into the heart of the enemy and cut it out.

[Image: 9A7BD20E0BD91052745C61AFAC833B1B24496DE4]
[Image: 61BC5F9E6FF84597767614DC876AF067717198F9]

Now we prepare to move on the duplicitous Sadabat Pack before they can betray our trust in them, after that, our Russian allies will sweep away what remains of the Communists in Asia.

With the news the Venezuela has joined the so-called 'Allies', it is anticipated that our forces will begin moving on the South Americas shortly as well.
It is time to return to duties.

End of Entry.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 3 users Like Free Thought's post
04-01-2017, 06:00 AM
Did someone say, rant?

That Gaben guy seen me coming. I get neurotic about having extraneous trading cards so whenever they accrue, I toss a fiver into the ol' steam wallet and go on a badge crafting spree. I just managed to scrounge four more levels for under three bucks. Some may see such as frivolity but I'm thinking it's a gratuity for steamy enjoyment... wait, that sounds wrong. Moving on...

I was surprised to discover that Steep is actually less enjoyable while intoxicated due to the unlikely fact that I seem far more competent as a winter sports professional while fucked out of my gourd. So there's that.

Also, Preston Garvey (Fallout 4 for the uninitiated) got all up in my grill about being the raider overboss and bringing more scum and villainy to the Commonwealth. He's like:

"We're through as friends," and I'm like "just remember who the fucking general is around here," and he's like (tail between his legs) "I'll follow your orders, but..." and I'm like "Shut up, bitch."

So that was an unexpected bonus to the Nuka-World scenario. It's his own damn fault. We were bros up until I nuked the Institute when he alla sudden went full metal retard after I finalized the plan we had been discussing for like the previous month. I never got that part of the storyline. Confused

So yeah, suck it Preston. Another settlement needs my help? I've got just the help you need...

On a less evil note, he seem to indicate that our alliance can be reforged; and since I'm a big ol' softie, if the raiders don't justify their existence by providing me a river of caps, maybe me and Preston will reunite and go on a state-wide stomp-fest...

Now I gotta go back to the desert and play dress-up. Laugh out load

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-01-2017, 06:17 AM (This post was last modified: 04-01-2017 06:21 AM by earmuffs.)
(04-01-2017 02:17 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(03-01-2017 04:59 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Ooo found a site where I can link some of my clips.

Game from this morning. SMG fav weapon for sure, that thing destroys. Teammates just stand and watch as I 3v1 that's fine.

Note the two cheeky grenade kills at the end.

A game of super fiesta (you get given random weapons every time you spawn. I got given a BR with a bayonet, the bayonet makes melee a 1hit kill. Come at me bro.

Why the love the brute rifle.

Another game of super fiesta with the god awful incineration cannon.

All your shit is broken son.

Oh ffs.

Played against the best Halo 5 player in the world, LethuL. And went positive. ><
[Image: Screenshot_Original.png]

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
04-01-2017, 06:50 AM
Go Muffs! It's your birthday! It's your birthday!

OK, maybe not, but I've been drinking. Big Grin

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-01-2017, 07:39 AM
'CornAndBacon'?

04-01-2017, 08:06 AM
(04-01-2017 02:38 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  I tried (and beat) Lords of the Fallen. If Dark Souls is any harder then it simply isn't my kind of game.

I enjoy slow, methodical action games. Monster Hunter is my motherfuckin' jam. But it seems like at every point in Dark Souls 3's design when they had to pick a path, they always went with 'fuck over the player'. Both games have you managing your Stamina, and it gets depleted by some actions. In MH, it gets used up by sprinting and blocking attacks with a shield, and powerful attacks with certain weapons drain it as well. In DS3, everything you do drains Stamina. Running, blocking attacks, casting spells, and even the most basic of attacks. So you can very easily find yourself up against even a single enemy who is very aggressive (Knight of Lothric) and can drain all of your stamina with blocking their relentless assault, leaving you with nothing to attack with, and leaving you staggered and your defense down; allowing for them to take away most of your health with a hit or two.

Monster Hunter is goofy and fun. Dark Souls is dour, and is trying to fellate Tolkien so hard I'm afraid it's going to choke itself to death; the opening cinematic had almost a dozen made up proper nouns, without any goddamn context as to what they are, or why I should care. MH gives you allies, in both offline and co-op online. DS3 gives you fuck all, it just takes. Co-op isn't just an option, it requires the spending of in game resources to enable. Plus playing online opens you up to invasion from other players, you know, in case the game wasn't ruining your shit enough by itself. Will offline save you? Nope. Then the game with randomly spawn in AI controlled invaders to fuck you over, and they have the same bullshit advantages as the enemies (seemingly unlimited stamina, allowing them to attack you relentlessly without consequence).

In MH you work your way up, learning the enemies and their attacks, getting a feel for how they move and attack, so you can start figuring out how better to fight back. You're not going to run into a monster that can one-shot-kill you until you are very far into the game, and even them, you'll see it coming and have a good chance at evading it. DS3 just throws you into boss fights without warning, and expect you to dance; this inevitably leads to you dying over and over again. But that's not enough, because the save/spawn points (bonfires) are always a huge trek away, which means you have to fight your way back to the boss to even retry (and best of luck saving your potions and spells fucker). But the cherry on top is the souls mechanic itself. If you fail a hunt in MH, you're out the entry fee and whatever items you brought with you and used; trying again is as simple as restocking and purchasing the mission again. If you die in a DS3 boss, you drop all of your souls; effectively the XP you get from defeating enemies, which is used not just to level you up, but also as currency. So every time you die, you're broke. Now you can get back and recover your souls, but if you die again without retrieving them (which tends to be very likely), then your initial pile of souls vanishes. Fuck you, even if you manage to get back to the same spot, they're gone.; They didn't need to do that, they had to put extra work into the game to fuck you over that much harder. If the soul piles didn't fucking arbitrarily disappear, I might still be playing it, because at least I could keep trying to get back to my 2 levels worth of missing souls, instead of having them (and all of my progress) vanish because of bullshit combat mechanics designed to fuck over the player.