What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-01-2017, 07:50 AM
RE: What are you playing?
(15-01-2017 07:45 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Impressive, you managed to break the alpha maps. Tongue

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-01-2017, 11:32 PM
[Image: DOTT_Feature-840x360_12_0.jpg]

Free for anyone with a Playstation Plus account and only $5 on Humble Bundle now is a great time to pick up an all time classic in point and click cartoon adventure games the sequel to the classic Maniac Mansion for the NES. Subversive humor abounds in this time traveling romp. Can you stop Purple Tentacle in his quest to take over the world?

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
29-01-2017, 08:08 PM

The Knights of Malta don't do things by halves.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
29-01-2017, 11:52 PM
Fallout 4 of all things. I think I finally appreciate it as a good game.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
30-01-2017, 01:00 AM
(29-01-2017 11:52 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Fallout 4 of all things. I think I finally appreciate it as a good game.

Now that I've got the dialogue fixed, I rather enjoy Fallout 4 as well.

I would enjoy it more
[Image: 80D66222736BA283FB11358EEE9BCC6A7E383E65]
without
[Image: 95D56139585C078BFEC63CB3B2CAB5FB7A8DB681]
all
[Image: 1118549BDD717B39DF348879F46C2C24CBC19530]
the
[Image: 770437D99F11EE35B369A38BFD0F337A33C0A2E0]
glitches
[Image: B5C93FEAE842975803D1806DD52053482922AA55]
though...
[Image: 545D4DF5953BC6BCFDD14DC518ECD558D632C463]

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
31-01-2017, 11:36 PM
Karliah just left the Nightingale Hall. Now I can't finish the quest unless I find a workaround. Although I might still have an autosave that could fix it. Really stupid bug.

31-01-2017, 11:43 PM (This post was last modified: 01-02-2017 12:12 AM by EvolutionKills.)
Well it's been a few months and they finally managed to un-fuck the PC version of Dishonored 2, so I finally manged to play through that and beat it. After both a Corvo high-chaos no powers murder spree and an Emily low-chaos powers non-lethal run, the later is harder but feels more like canon.

[Image: dishonored21280jpg-685334_1280w.jpg]

I mean, this is definitely Emily's story. While I think it's fun that they let you play as Corvo or Emily, playing as Emily makes more sense. The prologue is played out from her perspective, and whenever the coup strikes that removes you from power, it makes more sense that Corvo (the Royal Protector, famed assassin from 15 years prior, and the supernaturally touched protagonist of the first game) gets incapacitated as he's the known threat; while Emily is nothing more than a young princess. So instead of Crovo doing a rehash of his Dishonored schtick with the same supernatural powers, it's more interesting to see the now deposed Empress Emily try to take back her Empire and rescue her father Corvo. Her hero's journey, as she encounters the Outsider and is given the choice or not to take his mark (and the powers that come with it), her experience as she explores her kingdom at the ground level, giving her a new perspective she never had before. Plus the amount of good you can leave in your wake, as opposed to a trail of corpses and revenge; especially the dramatic changes you're capable of on one time warping mission in particular, really gives you a great sense of accomplishment. Outside of a few places where the game's excellent clockwork AI and interconnected systems otherwise break the rules the game has spent hours establishing and obeying (an instance of the scripted death of 2 NPC's that count against you unless you jump through very specific hoops, potentially spoiling a non-lethal run), it's a really solid experience.

Also I thought giving Corvo a voice was fine, even if he was silent in the prior game. Arkane always said that if they had the budget for it, they'd have made Corvo voiced from the start. Plus going with Stephan Russsel as he essentially reprised his take on Garret, the protagonist of the THIEF games (he also voiced Nick Valentine from Fallout 4), was in inspired choice. The THIEF games are essentially the spiritual precursor to the Dishonored franchise, and one of the founders of the immersive sim; alongside the original Deus Ex and System Shock 2. Plus the artwork and art direction of this game is stunning and second to none. Bethesda Softworks, usually one of the best world builders in the biz, takes back seat to Arkane when they're firing on all cylinders like this.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
01-02-2017, 07:19 AM
Anyone here play Subnautica? I have been driving myself crazy trying to find the final 2 pieces of the cyclops so I can finally build it. I need 1 engine part and 1 hull fragment. Can someone give me a direction from the escape pod and a depth at least?
01-02-2017, 07:43 AM
(01-02-2017 07:19 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Anyone here play Subnautica? I have been driving myself crazy trying to find the final 2 pieces of the cyclops so I can finally build it. I need 1 engine part and 1 hull fragment. Can someone give me a direction from the escape pod and a depth at least?

http://subnautica.wikia.com/wiki/Cyclops

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
01-02-2017, 11:19 AM
(01-02-2017 07:43 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(01-02-2017 07:19 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Anyone here play Subnautica? I have been driving myself crazy trying to find the final 2 pieces of the cyclops so I can finally build it. I need 1 engine part and 1 hull fragment. Can someone give me a direction from the escape pod and a depth at least?

http://subnautica.wikia.com/wiki/Cyclops

Thanks. I will attempt to find these things again when I get home.