What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-02-2017, 12:08 PM
RE: What are you playing?
I just finished the new DOOM, and it was really really good. Other than the fact that my computer really couldn't handle it and some fights had to be fought at the very low 15 FPS. OMG. It wasn't THAT terrible, though. Gave me time to plan my attacks lol.

Anyway, other than that, I've been playing Overwatch a lot. Mei is bae! But so is D.Va. Love that game.

Finished Castlevania: Area of Sorrows recently. Dark Souls 3 before that. And I'm also working on playing through Zelda: Wind Waker. All fantastic games.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-02-2017, 12:14 PM (This post was last modified: 01-02-2017 12:26 PM by EvolutionKills.)
(01-02-2017 12:08 PM)kineo Wrote:  I just finished the new DOOM, and it was really really good. Other than the fact that my computer really couldn't handle it and some fights had to be fought at the very low 15 FPS. OMG. It wasn't THAT terrible, though. Gave me time to plan my attacks lol.

Anyway, other than that, I've been playing Overwatch a lot. Mei is bae! But so is D.Va. Love that game.

Finished Castlevania: Area of Sorrows recently. Dark Souls 3 before that. And I'm also working on playing through Zelda: Wind Waker. All fantastic games.

Did you have all of the setting turned as low as they could go in DOOM? Did you try switching it from OpenGL to Vulkan? Most GPU's that can run the Vulkan API saw substantial performance gains with it.

Also, Castelvania: Aria of Sorrow is a fucking classic. If you ever have the chance to play it's sequel on the DS (Dawn of Sorrow), or the other games in the series also released on the DS (Portrait of Ruin and Order of Ecclesia). But if you can't, don't forget to grab the other GBA Castlevania title, Harmony of Dissonance. All of those games are Koji Igarashi directed or produced titles, and he's the mastermind behind the the classic Symphony of the Night, and his next project is the very metroidvania like crowdfunded project called Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night.

To recap.

[Image: 16669front-2126.jpg]

^ Play this ^

[Image: 4-castlevania-dawn-of-sorrow.jpg]

^ Play this, it's the direct sequel ^

[Image: cover_large.jpg]

^ Play this too ^

[Image: C_OoE_ds.jpg]

^ Try this too, especially if you enjoyed Dark Souls (it's really fucking hard) ^

[Image: b58b6c66285673f0f5780b060bad8645_origina...c46253a5a3]

^ Keep an eye out for this, it'll be more of the same when it releases in 2018 ^

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
01-02-2017, 12:31 PM
(01-02-2017 12:14 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(01-02-2017 12:08 PM)kineo Wrote:  I just finished the new DOOM, and it was really really good. Other than the fact that my computer really couldn't handle it and some fights had to be fought at the very low 15 FPS. OMG. It wasn't THAT terrible, though. Gave me time to plan my attacks lol.

Did you have all of the setting turned as low as they could go in DOOM? Did you try switching it from OpenGL to Vulkan? Most GPU's that can run the Vulkan API saw substantial performance gains with it.

Also, Castelvania: Aria of Sorrow is a fucking classic. If you ever have the chance to play it's sequel on the DS (Dawn of Sorrow), or the other games in the series also released on the DS (Portrait of Ruin and Order of Ecclesia). But if you can't, don't forget to grab the other GBA Castlevania title, Harmony of Dissonance. All of those games are Koji Igarashi directed or produced titles, and he's the mastermind behind the the classic Symphony of the Night, and his next project is the very metroidvania like crowdfunded project called Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night.

To recap.

^ Play this ^

^ Play this too ^

^ Try this too, especially if you enjoyed Dark Souls (it's really fucking hard) ^

^ Keep an eye out for this, it'll be more of the same when it releases in 2018 ^

Awesome, thanks for the suggestions! I bet I can get most of those on the Wii U store, which is how I got Aria of Sorrow. It was fun to play!
01-02-2017, 12:38 PM (This post was last modified: 01-02-2017 12:41 PM by EvolutionKills.)
(01-02-2017 12:31 PM)kineo Wrote:  
(01-02-2017 12:14 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Did you have all of the setting turned as low as they could go in DOOM? Did you try switching it from OpenGL to Vulkan? Most GPU's that can run the Vulkan API saw substantial performance gains with it.

To recap.

^ Play this ^

^ Play this too ^

Awesome, thanks for the suggestions! I bet I can get most of those on the Wii U store, which is how I got Aria of Sorrow. It was fun to play!

Only Harmoy of Dissonance is on the Wii U Virtual Console. I owned all of them at one time or another, and now have all of them on a Flash Cart sitting comfortably in my DSi XL. During it's initial Kick-Starter campaign, Bloodstained:Ritual of the Night was going to get a Wii U port, but now I'm pretty sure that's not happening anymore. It'll still be available on modern consoles and PC, and will probably see a Nintendo Switch port instead, but the Wii U officially had it's production halted months ago.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
02-02-2017, 07:25 AM
(01-02-2017 07:43 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(01-02-2017 07:19 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Anyone here play Subnautica? I have been driving myself crazy trying to find the final 2 pieces of the cyclops so I can finally build it. I need 1 engine part and 1 hull fragment. Can someone give me a direction from the escape pod and a depth at least?

http://subnautica.wikia.com/wiki/Cyclops

I was unable to use the information. I feel I am missing the moonpool which would allow me to upgrade the small sub and be able to look deeper. So, I figured out I can cheat using codes. I only cheated to spawn a cyclops, I did not do all blueprints. This way I still need to search for things. When I eventually find the final pieces for the cyclops, I will know for the next time I start fresh. I will not be cheating again in this game. I just wanted the mobile base (cyclops).
03-02-2017, 05:47 AM
Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's cut is five bucks on Steam, so I got that and am likely to be on it after breakfast. Also, Conan: Exiles soon as my bud rents us a server. Big Grin

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
03-02-2017, 05:17 PM
Crusader Kings 2.
Started as a simple Duke with two provinces in central Italy. Managed to take over a huge area of central Italy. Set up a plan to join forces with two other major Dukes within the Italian Kingdom to break free and form independent countries. Had well over 5,000 prestige (that's a lot), my character was a fucking God, outlived 3 wives, 3 sons and a daughter.
Annnnnnd died due to gout. Fucking gout. The most influential renowned man in all of 8th century Italy, setting the stage for a new world order and the rise of the Tuscany Kingdom which would ultimately lead to the destruction of the Catholic Church and the expulsion of Orthdox and Muslim heathens from the Italian peninsula and he fucking dies of gout! He survived fucking smallpox, countless hard fought battles, countless assassination attempts, hell he even tripped down the stairs after a party and knock himself out at an old age and he survived that shit too. But fucking gout!? GOUT!!! The greatest character I've ever had in this game and he dies of fucking GOUT!

[Image: oscar.png]
03-02-2017, 05:22 PM
I started playing this again. That is, when I can get on the DS - it's usually occupied by someone else.

[Image: Professor_Layton_and_the_Curious_Village_NA_Boxart.JPG]

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
04-02-2017, 06:52 AM
(03-02-2017 05:17 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Crusader Kings 2.
Started as a simple Duke with two provinces in central Italy. Managed to take over a huge area of central Italy. Set up a plan to join forces with two other major Dukes within the Italian Kingdom to break free and form independent countries. Had well over 5,000 prestige (that's a lot), my character was a fucking God, outlived 3 wives, 3 sons and a daughter.
Annnnnnd died due to gout. Fucking gout. The most influential renowned man in all of 8th century Italy, setting the stage for a new world order and the rise of the Tuscany Kingdom which would ultimately lead to the destruction of the Catholic Church and the expulsion of Orthdox and Muslim heathens from the Italian peninsula and he fucking dies of gout! He survived fucking smallpox, countless hard fought battles, countless assassination attempts, hell he even tripped down the stairs after a party and knock himself out at an old age and he survived that shit too. But fucking gout!? GOUT!!! The greatest character I've ever had in this game and he dies of fucking GOUT!

Just think of it this way. In War of The Worlds, it wasn't humanity that won the battle. It was microbiology. A fitting end for someone so powerful.
04-02-2017, 11:29 AM
[Image: h6rmHsw.jpg]

Early access. Big Grin

Conan: Exiles. My bud already has a server, spent a coupla hours mining iron for the clan. Got ate by a crocodile. Tongue

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user