What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-03-2017, 06:18 AM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2017 09:21 AM by Szuchow.)
RE: What are you playing?
(01-03-2017 04:32 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(01-03-2017 02:22 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Torment: Tides of Numenera. When I started playing I couldn't stop, only with great difficulty I went to sleep.

Ohh I want that game so bad. Just.. don't wanna pay $75 for it.
That's the downside of Steam, you get accustomed to buying games cheap.

I too wouldn't want to pay $75 or about 300zł. But $42.5 (170zł) was fair price I would say.

It's some cool stuff, but who knows what await when I dig deeper into it? Also combat is clunky, though allegedly almost always it can be avoided.

ETA: Combat isn't clunky, it is just shit.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-03-2017, 06:32 AM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2017 06:44 AM by RearViewMirror.)
Man I really need to dig deeper into this forum lol.

I've been an avid gamer since the days of the Atari 2600 (just gave away my age). Skip forward many years and I got caught up in WoW pretty heavily for quite some time. Then Lord of the Rings Online came out and I got so engrossed in that game (I'm a huge Tolkien fan) that it took up about five years of my free time. But sadly, all good things come to an end. Warner Bros. bought the game and completely fucked it up so that was that.

I now mostly play on my PS4. I've spent most of my time in Destiny since I love FPS games and it allows me to compete in competitive multiplayer. I'm competitive to a fault. I'm not very good at losing but I'm a worse winner if that makes sense?

Just picked up For Honor and I really enjoy the combat in that game as it requires fast reflexes and anticipation of what attack you "think" the other player is going to do. Very fun game.

Horizon Zero Dawn just came out and I must say that it is one of the best games that has come out since Elder Scrolls. Very good story, great protagonist, and the combat is top notch. If you have a PS4 I highly recommend this game as it is truly a system seller.

So this is my current setup

PS4 Pro with 4k Samsung 34" curved monitor

[Image: IMG_0949_zpsu96pfamr.jpg]

And since I'm so competitive this is the from one of the Flawless runs through "Trials of Osiris" which is one of the hardest accomplishments to do in the game. 9 rounds of 3v3 without losing one match. You play against the best players in the game. Of 200-300k people per weekend only about 3% go flawless.

[Image: Destiny_20170102222558_zpsijpu1dhq.jpg]

And yes my gamertag is Craig Christ

[Image: Destiny_20170102222823_zpsrrda9d35.jpg]

I get to decide what my life looks like, not the other way around.
01-03-2017, 06:47 AM
This is our group playing Trials. We fumbled our way through this match against flawless guys on the other team. But you can see the teamwork it takes. Ignore my buddies dog in the background.

01-03-2017, 06:59 AM
(01-03-2017 06:32 AM)RearViewMirror Wrote:  Man I really need to dig deeper into this forum lol.

I've been an avid gamer since the days of the Atari 2600 (just gave away my age). Skip forward many years and I got caught up in WoW pretty heavily for quite some time. Then Lord of the Rings Online came out and I got so engrossed in that game (I'm a huge Tolkien fan) that it took up about five years of my free time. But sadly, all good things come to an end. Warner Bros. bought the game and completely fucked it up so that was that.

I now mostly play on my PS4. I've spent most of my time in Destiny since I love FPS games and it allows me to compete in competitive multiplayer. I'm competitive to a fault. I'm not very good at losing but I'm a worse winner if that makes sense?

Just picked up For Honor and I really enjoy the combat in that game as it requires fast reflexes and anticipation of what attack you "think" the other player is going to do. Very fun game.

Horizon Zero Dawn just came out and I must say that it is one of the best games that has come out since Elder Scrolls. Very good story, great protagonist, and the combat is top notch. If you have a PS4 I highly recommend this game as it is truly a system seller.

So this is my current setup

PS4 Pro with 4k Samsung 34" curved monitor

[Image: IMG_0949_zpsu96pfamr.jpg]

And since I'm so competitive this is the from one of the Flawless runs through "Trials of Osiris" which is one of the hardest accomplishments to do in the game. 9 rounds of 3v3 without losing one match. You play against the best players in the game. Of 200-300k people per weekend only about 3% go flawless.

[Image: Destiny_20170102222558_zpsijpu1dhq.jpg]

And yes my gamertag is Craig Christ

[Image: Destiny_20170102222823_zpsrrda9d35.jpg]

How PS Pro compare to earlier one? Is price difference worth it or it won't be even noticed when I'm accustomed to Xbox One?

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
01-03-2017, 07:46 AM
Quote:I've spent most of my time in Destiny since I love FPS games and it allows me to compete in competitive multiplayer.

I lol'd heavily.

[Image: oscar.png]
01-03-2017, 07:47 AM
(01-03-2017 06:59 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  How PS Pro compare to earlier one? Is price difference worth it or it won't be even noticed when I'm accustomed to Xbox One?

That really depends I suppose. If you have a 4k monitor then I "personally" say the difference is worth it. The extra storage and extra processing power is nice also. But... if you don't have a 4k monitor and are happy with the regular PS4 (or Xbox) then no, I don't think the upgrade would be worth it. The difference between a regular Xbox One and a PS4 Pro is pretty dramatic though. I was watching a buddy of mine at the Fire Station play the new Ghost Recon Beta on his Xbox and the difference was night and day between the Xbox and PS4 Pro in 4k.

01-03-2017, 07:47 AM
(01-03-2017 07:46 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
Quote:I've spent most of my time in Destiny since I love FPS games and it allows me to compete in competitive multiplayer.

I lol'd heavily.

I know... I know... Blush

01-03-2017, 07:58 AM
Couple videos of us playing. We have a core group that we play with all the time and the game lends itself very well to recording.

Clearing the final boss in one of the raids on HM

01-03-2017, 08:12 AM
(01-03-2017 07:47 AM)RearViewMirror Wrote:  
(01-03-2017 06:59 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  How PS Pro compare to earlier one? Is price difference worth it or it won't be even noticed when I'm accustomed to Xbox One?

That really depends I suppose. If you have a 4k monitor then I "personally" say the difference is worth it. The extra storage and extra processing power is nice also. But... if you don't have a 4k monitor and are happy with the regular PS4 (or Xbox) then no, I don't think the upgrade would be worth it. The difference between a regular Xbox One and a PS4 Pro is pretty dramatic though. I was watching a buddy of mine at the Fire Station play the new Ghost Recon Beta on his Xbox and the difference was night and day between the Xbox and PS4 Pro in 4k.

Nice to know.

I don't have 4k monitor and I don't play to buy one in near future, so it seems like regular PS 4 will be a good choice. Still I don't know if exclusives are worth about $350. Have to put some thought into it but Bloodborne tempts me.

Mikhail Bakunin.
01-03-2017, 08:31 AM
(01-03-2017 08:12 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Nice to know.

I don't have 4k monitor and I don't play to buy one in near future, so it seems like regular PS 4 will be a good choice. Still I don't know if exclusives are worth about $350. Have to put some thought into it but Bloodborne tempts me.

Bloodborne is a very good game. It is unforgiving as hell but very fair. If you make a mistake it is on you. The game didn't cheat you. You just have to figure out each boss encounter.

If there ever was a system seller then it would have to be "The Last of Us". In my personal opinion it is one of the best games ever made. The opening 15 mins actually drew an emotional reaction out of me. The game's tone doesn't get any better but it is an amazingly well crafted story and game.

Watch if you wish. Don't watch if you want to experience the opening for yourself. I'll warn you... It's pretty emotional

[+] 1 user Likes RearViewMirror's post