What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-03-2014, 08:38 AM
RE: What are you playing?
I just reinstalled Freelancer. I almost forgot how much I love that game.

I did so because I just found out about Star Citizen!!!! I haven't been this excited about a game since before Freelancer came out.

I wish I had more money to give to Roberts to get this game done... soon.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-03-2014, 08:43 AM
So after several hours of tuning, fine tweaking, experimenting and squeezing every last drop of speed out of my car (in Forza 5) I managed to shave 0.600 seconds off my time and went from ranked 600 to ranked 99. Another mere 0.600 seconds separate me and that seemingly impossible first place ranking.
And than once I achieve it all shall know that I, Muffs, Supreme Dictator of all the Worlds, was the best at that track in that car class and they will bow before my superior might!! *evil laugh*

Ok, so I might be getting a little obsessive at this point...
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
21-03-2014, 08:59 AM
(21-03-2014 08:43 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  So after several hours of tuning, fine tweaking, experimenting and squeezing every last drop of speed out of my car (in Forza 5) I managed to shave 0.600 seconds off my time and went from ranked 600 to ranked 99. Another mere 0.600 seconds separate me and that seemingly impossible first place ranking.
And than once I achieve it all shall know that I, Muffs, Supreme Dictator of all the Worlds, was the best at that track in that car class and they will bow before my superior might!! *evil laugh*

I can understand that. I've done that myself trying to get a higher score. I've never broken 1800th place in a forza race, but I almost killed myself just to get a better score than my buddy. He kept bragging about his rank, so I had to put him in his place. It's crazy how little time separates ranks. I only beat him by about .1 second, but I was way ahead of him in rank.

I kinda cheated, though. I had my buddy who is a racing engineer come over and tweak the car for me.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 1 user Likes itsnotmeitsyou's post
21-03-2014, 11:03 AM
(21-03-2014 08:59 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(21-03-2014 08:43 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  So after several hours of tuning, fine tweaking, experimenting and squeezing every last drop of speed out of my car (in Forza 5) I managed to shave 0.600 seconds off my time and went from ranked 600 to ranked 99. Another mere 0.600 seconds separate me and that seemingly impossible first place ranking.

I can understand that. I've done that myself trying to get a higher score. I've never broken 1800th place in a forza race, but I almost killed myself just to get a better score than my buddy. He kept bragging about his rank, so I had to put him in his place. It's crazy how little time separates ranks. I only beat him by about .1 second, but I was way ahead of him in rank.

I kinda cheated, though. I had my buddy who is a racing engineer come over and tweak the car for me.

This is probably why I just prefer straight up violence. Consider

[Image: Church_Title_Season_02.png]

"Relax, I'm not going to give it a cold. I'm just gonna go in there, step on its neck, and shoot it in the head. Because that's how I roll." -Church

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
21-03-2014, 11:10 AM
(21-03-2014 11:03 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(21-03-2014 08:59 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  I can understand that. I've done that myself trying to get a higher score. I've never broken 1800th place in a forza race, but I almost killed myself just to get a better score than my buddy. He kept bragging about his rank, so I had to put him in his place. It's crazy how little time separates ranks. I only beat him by about .1 second, but I was way ahead of him in rank.

This is probably why I just prefer straight up violence. Consider

[Image: Church_Title_Season_02.png]

"Relax, I'm not going to give it a cold. I'm just gonna go in there, step on its neck, and shoot it in the head. Because that's how I roll." -Church

There is nothing quite like coming home from a rough day at work and putting several high caliber rounds through your enemies. It's downright cathartic.

FPSes will always hold a dear place in my heart.

Any more, when I play driving games, it's "drinking and driving" games. We'll load up Forza and proceed to drink ourselves blind. It's a simple game. You choose a car and a track, whoever gets the worst time takes a shot. It usually ends up with someone driving the wrong way just to see how many cars he can hit going the opposite direction. It's surprisingly hard to get in a headon two car collision when you're plastered.

[+] 1 user Likes itsnotmeitsyou's post
21-03-2014, 11:15 AM (This post was last modified: 21-03-2014 11:35 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(21-03-2014 11:10 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  It's surprisingly hard to get in a headon two car collision when you're plastered.

That's not surprising, like, at all...

You're trying to thread a needle moving at 150+ mph in opposite directions, and you're drunk. Laugh out load

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
21-03-2014, 12:56 PM
I can't afford Reaper of Souls and it makes me unhappy Sad

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
22-03-2014, 06:28 AM
Watching my PS3 run Ultra Hot!! Pachi Game Spirit CR Evangelion at the moment. It's strangely hypnotic.

[Image: MegahentaiSignature_zps7c4b73b2.jpg]
22-03-2014, 10:16 PM (This post was last modified: 22-03-2014 10:27 PM by earmuffs.)
Argg! So fucking close! Ranked 71st!
A mere 0.413 seconds are standing in my way of that 1st place. 0.413 seconds!! That's less than half a god damn second!

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my god.
I just discovered that not only is there an automatic/manual option (I've been using manual because it's quicker) but there is a manual with clutch option that will allow me to change even quicker... This is a big deal because this could save split seconds off my time, which is exactly what I'm trying to do..
Oh well, at least aiming for a goal that seemed impossible has aloud to me to produce an extreme fine tuned FAST AS SHIT for its class vehicle.

lol, I'm the fastest manual shifter, everyone else is manual w/clutch. So that's a small victory.
At least that tells me my car is set up properly to give this rank1 position a run for its money.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
22-03-2014, 10:19 PM
Lately I've wanted to get distant worlds. Maybe gratuitous space battles.
Distant worlds would be pretty fun.

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post