What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-03-2017, 07:09 PM
RE: What are you playing?
(11-03-2017 05:08 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Hope you have fun with it, and that it's not as bad as I fear.

It's super fun and not as bad you think.

I'd definitely recommend it to anyone thinking of picking it up.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-03-2017, 08:07 PM
(10-03-2017 07:36 PM)Loom Wrote:  Finally bought Breath of the Wild.

Holy pickles I love it. I love the freedom.

Although it's only further confimed my suspicion that I have ADHD. It took me 5 hours of getting sidetracked before I completed the first area.

Now I have been unleashed upon the rest of the world. Hyrule will never be saved at this rate.

I honestly wasn't sure if I was going to like it, I am a hardcore Zelda fan from day one. Smile

But I LOVE it. I am really digging the freedom and the fact that you can sort of do things in your own order.
It also has a lot of nature, which I appreciate Smile
And the futuristic but still 'old world' vibe is cool.

I have the 4 spirit orbs and am now headed to the village.

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
11-03-2017, 11:22 PM
(11-03-2017 04:28 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  The thing about modern city planning not existing 250 years ago is that we don't live 250 years ago.

Of course. It's too hard for you, I understand. So do the city planners of Pittsburgh. I mean, they had to build around what already existed, whereas you'd have a clean slate! All that creative freedom must be too much for some.

I swear they aren't making fun of you behind your back. Honest!

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
11-03-2017, 11:38 PM (This post was last modified: 11-03-2017 11:43 PM by EvolutionKills.)
(11-03-2017 07:09 PM)Lucipurr Wrote:  
(11-03-2017 05:08 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Hope you have fun with it, and that it's not as bad as I fear.

It's super fun and not as bad you think.

I'd definitely recommend it to anyone thinking of picking it up.

Between Giant Bomb's Jeff Gerstmann and the PC Gamer review (67/100 'Not worth it as a solo adventure. In co-op, Wildlands is an enjoyable stealth romp that too often gets in its own way.'), I'm gonna have to pass. I typically play solo, and the game makes decisions that actively sabotage that experience; plus the game sounds really tone-deaf in it's presentation (wacky GTA radio stations with Rogue Warrior levels of cursing delivered by office temps instead of good VO people). Metal Gear Solid V this game most certainly is not. Will wait for a deep discount on Steam.

11-03-2017, 11:57 PM
(11-03-2017 11:38 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Between Giant Bomb's Jeff Gerstmann and the PC Gamer review (67/100 'Not worth it as a solo adventure. In co-op, Wildlands is an enjoyable stealth romp that too often gets in its own way.'), I'm gonna have to pass. I typically play solo, and the game makes decisions that actively sabotage that experience; plus the game sounds really tone-deaf in it's presentation (wacky GTA radio stations with Rogue Warrior levels of cursing delivered by office temps instead of good VO people). Metal Gear Solid V this game most certainly is not. Will wait for a deep discount on Steam.

I agree this is not Metal Gear Solid. I really liked Metal Gear but it got repetitive pretty quickly IMO. Once you made it out of Afghanistan then the terrain just turned into a remake with trees and shrubs.

The game (to me) is a lot of fun with a huge variety of things to do in no particular order. I didn't read the review you linked but I've yet to have one of my AI members of the squad screw shit up. Once you scout out a base and decide to make your move... if you planned it right it goes smoothly and the AI is pretty damn intelligent in the game. It's of course not without it's flaws but taken as a whole it's a really fun romp through some pretty impressive scenery, gunplay, tactical operations, etc... And if you want you can just run off and do some crazy shit and have a blast with your friends if they choose to play. If you do decide to pick it up I think you'll like it more than you think you will.

I get to decide what my life looks like, not the other way around.
12-03-2017, 12:17 AM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2017 12:25 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(11-03-2017 11:57 PM)RearViewMirror Wrote:  If you do decide to pick it up I think you'll like it more than you think you will.

Probably not unfortunately. It's not just review scores, it's the people who reviewed it and what they said. I went to school for game design, and I have a really solid grasp of what I enjoy and why. I'm the gaming equivalent of that one asshole who went to art school for film, and is now a total kill-joy to watch movies with, because they're having a different level of experience.

I enjoy the Far Cry games (except for the first one, it can go die in a fire), but it's the context that worries me. That your AI teammates are effective, mainly because they can shoot through walls during linked shots and that the enemy AI is entirely oblivious to their presence so long as they're crouched. Also there are stealth only ops that instant fail as soon as you are spotted, not after an alarm is sounded, instant failure at just being spotted; that's infuriatingly bad design, and make no sense in-context either. That the world is huge and beautiful and technically impressive, but getting anywhere is a chore thanks to vehicles that feel and handle worse than GTA: San Adreas. That the games tone and presentation is a too self serious mish-mash that makes Mercenaries 2: World in Flames look composed in comparison. That once you manage to get someplace, you don't have the tactical breadth of something like MGSV (balloon extract a tank? sabotage a moving jeep with horse poop? slide downhill face first in a cardboard box?). These are all things that I know are going to detract from my enjoyment of the experience (e.g. I'm the go to driver or pilot in GTAV:Online because the handling is so solid and I really enjoy it). That this is also being said by reviewers that I'm familiar with and understand their general perspective and quirks? Yeah, that kind of kills it for me. I'm sure I'd get some enjoyment out of it (I enjoy collecting do-dads, leveling up, getting skills, unlocking gear), but probably nothing close to the current $60 asking price worth of enjoyment. They got me once with The Division, I'd rather not repeat that mistake. Undecided

Plus, I'm only Lv106 in Fallout 4 and haven't even started the Nuka World DLC yet, so I'm not really hurting for something to eat up my free time at the moment.

[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
12-03-2017, 12:41 AM
(12-03-2017 12:17 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Probably not unfortunately. It's not just review scores, it's the people who reviewed it and what they said. I went to school for game design, and I have a really solid grasp of what I enjoy and why. I'm the gaming equivalent of that one asshole who went to art school for film, and is now a total kill-joy to watch movies with, because they're having a different level of experience.

I enjoy the Far Cry games (except for the first one, it can go die in a fire), but it's the context that worries me. That your AI teammates are effective, mainly because they can shoot through walls during linked shots and that the enemy AI is entirely oblivious to their presence so long as they're crouched. Also there are stealth only ops that instant fail as soon as you are spotted, not after an alarm is sounded, instant failure at just being spotted; that's infuriatingly bad design, and make no sense in-context either. That the world is huge and beautiful and technically impressive, but getting anywhere is a chore thanks to vehicles that feel and handle worse than GTA: San Adreas. That the games tone and presentation is a too self serious mish-mash that makes Mercenaries 2: World in Flames look composed in comparison. That once you manage to get someplace, you don't have the tactical breadth of something like MGSV (balloon extract a tank? sabotage a moving jeep with horse poop? slide downhill face first in a cardboard box?). These are all things that I know are going to detract from my enjoyment of the experience (e.g. I'm the go to driver or pilot in GTAV:Online because the handling is so solid and I really enjoy it). That this is also being said by reviewers that I'm familiar with and understand their general perspective and quirks? Yeah, that kind of kills it for me. I'm sure I'd get some enjoyment out of it (I enjoy collecting do-dads, leveling up, getting skills, unlocking gear), but probably nothing close to the current $60 asking price worth of enjoyment. They got me once with The Division, I'd rather not repeat that mistake. Undecided

Plus, I'm only Lv106 in Fallout 4 and haven't even started the Nuka World DLC yet, so I'm not really hurting for something to eat up my free time at the moment.

Lol... Fair enough. Well thought out points that you brought up. And brother... I completely agree with you on The Division. I looked forward to that game for over three years and it's one of the worst pieces of shit I've played in a long time. Nothing like what we were originally promised.

I get to decide what my life looks like, not the other way around.
[+] 1 user Likes RearViewMirror's post
12-03-2017, 12:48 AM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2017 12:55 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(12-03-2017 12:41 AM)RearViewMirror Wrote:  Lol... Fair enough. Well thought out points that you brought up. And brother... I completely agree with you on The Division. I looked forward to that game for over three years and it's one of the worst pieces of shit I've played in a long time. Nothing like what we were originally promised.

Yeah, my problem there aren't just with the mechanics, but with the game's whole premise. I can't go back to playing it because it just makes me feel dirty.

You are a government agent operating on US soil killing American citizens without due process, and those actions are portrayed as heroic. That's terrifying.

It's 'American SS: The Game'...

[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
12-03-2017, 01:41 AM
Final Fantasy XIV

Ghost Recon Wildlands

The Division

Tons of single player games on steam. I only have a PC right now so I play all my games on a PC.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
12-03-2017, 07:47 AM
I just finished Rick and Morty's rushed license adventure. It's a free web game, a fairly short point and click adventure in 4 chapters featuring the voices of the show. Well worth playing for any fans, it had me in stitches! The characters constantly berate you for doing anything other than the correct action, so I made sure to look at and interact with every damn thing I could find. Just google the name.

I'm finally playing Skyrim, and loving it! Doing an archer/melee with a bit of magic.

I'm still playing Drakenlords, a deep CCG for mobile devices only. Basically a hearthstone ripoff, but with much more thoughtful gameplay.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user