What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-03-2017, 10:05 AM
RE: What are you playing?
(12-03-2017 07:47 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  I'm finally playing Skyrim, and loving it! Doing an archer/melee with a bit of magic.

Kiss yer life goodbye. Tongue

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
12-03-2017, 10:24 AM
(12-03-2017 10:05 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(12-03-2017 07:47 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  I'm finally playing Skyrim, and loving it! Doing an archer/melee with a bit of magic.

^^ This ^^

Skyrim will consume a lot of your free time if you let it.

I get to decide what my life looks like, not the other way around.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes RearViewMirror's post
12-03-2017, 10:31 AM
(12-03-2017 10:24 AM)RearViewMirror Wrote:  
(12-03-2017 10:05 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Kiss yer life goodbye. Tongue

^^ This ^^

Skyrim will consume a lot of your free time if you let it.

What's that? I cannot hear you over my 900+ hours in Fallout 4. Tongue

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
12-03-2017, 10:35 AM
(12-03-2017 10:31 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  What's that? I cannot hear you over my 900+ hours in Fallout 4. Tongue

I don't know why but I never could get interested in the Fallout games for some reason? Just didn't appeal to me. I know they are great games and I did try Fallout 4 but just couldn't get invested in it. Wish I could since it looks like a great game.

I get to decide what my life looks like, not the other way around.
12-03-2017, 10:40 AM
(12-03-2017 10:35 AM)RearViewMirror Wrote:  Wish I could since it looks like a great game.

It's your typical Bethesda game. You get addicted for a while, then bored, a few months later addicted again, followed by boredom. Mods are what provide longevity with every Beth game.
[+] 1 user Likes abaris's post
12-03-2017, 11:19 AM
(12-03-2017 10:05 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  

Indeed Big Grin

I can spend all day just fucking around with my inventory. The amount of stuff to do in this game is downright ridiculous.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-03-2017, 12:02 PM
(12-03-2017 10:35 AM)RearViewMirror Wrote:  
(12-03-2017 10:31 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  What's that? I cannot hear you over my 900+ hours in Fallout 4. Tongue

I don't know why but I never could get interested in the Fallout games for some reason? Just didn't appeal to me. I know they are great games and I did try Fallout 4 but just couldn't get invested in it. Wish I could since it looks like a great game.

I've been a fan of Fallout since the first one, way back in 1997. I own every game in the franchise, including that terribly good/bad top down action RPG for the Xbox, Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel.

[Image: xbox-1408442897.jpg]

^ Yep, I even own this piece of shit. Still have an Xbox that runs it too. Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 1 & 2 are still the better games, but Fallout:BoS is effectively a clone of them, even built with the same engine. Big Grin ^

It was that same Xbox that introduced me to The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, and I've loved that series even since just as much. So needless to say that many years later, when word came down that Bethesda had acquired the rights to the Fallout franchise from the nearly defunct Interplay, I couldn't have been much happier. Bethesda Softworks' take on open world games and Fallout go together like chocolate and peanut-butter. Since Morrowind and Fallout 1, I've spent thousands of hours across both series, playing through all of the games multiple times. Hell, I was just playing Fallout 2 last week, after having installed it on a computer at work. Even now I'm just alt-tabbed, taking a break from traversing the landscape of Far Harbor in Fallout 4. Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
12-03-2017, 12:09 PM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2017 09:21 PM by EvolutionKills.)
(12-03-2017 11:19 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  
(12-03-2017 10:05 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Kiss yer life goodbye. Tongue

Indeed Big Grin

I can spend all day just fucking around with my inventory. The amount of stuff to do in this game is downright ridiculous.

Speaking of which...

If you are playing the original (not the recent HD re-release) on PC, do yourself a favor and pick up two mandatory mods.

1 - The Unofficial Patch - Fixes a lot of the things otherwise left broken with the last official patch.

2 - SkyUI - A revamped UI built for easier use with mouse and keyboard, plus it looks better and is quite customizable in-game; an all around quality-of-life improvement.

[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
13-03-2017, 06:04 AM
(10-03-2017 01:28 PM)yakherder Wrote:  I could never get into Ocarina of Time. Every time I tried to start a game I'd quickly find myself bored.
Oh man, you don't know what you're missing.

I'll grant that on first appearance, it seems a bit slow/boring, but once you really get going, it awesome. One of the few games I actively replay, (when possible), and the more I play, the more I enjoy it.

My dad got it in 1998 when it was released, and I was about 10 at the time. At first I hated it, as it involves talking to people/looking for stuff/dungeons, but the more an more I played, it just gets SO epic. It's just insane.

Honestly, if you get chance, try and have a go again. Still holds up in my opinion.

I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
15-03-2017, 01:55 AM
Wait.. Mount and Blade Warband is on xbox one now???