What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-03-2014, 11:54 AM
RE: What are you playing?
Taking a break from Team Fortress 2 and bought some new games; Killing Floor, Duke Nukem, Shadow Warrior Classic, Half-Life, and System Shock 2. Killing Floor is basically unplayable on the mac even on the lowest settings, but it was a 75% off sale and supports Steamplay, so it will be there for me when I do get a Windows. Duke Nukem and Shadow Warrior were a bundle and also on sale, but Shadow Warrior won't launch for some reason. Currently sinking shit-loads of time into both Half-Life and System Shock 2.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-03-2014, 12:02 PM

Found Earth 2150 Trilogy on steam for like two dollars.

Probably my favorite RTS ever!

Edit: It's still in sale if anyone enjoys RTS games.

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
24-03-2014, 04:18 AM
37th!!
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
26-03-2014, 04:35 AM
I'm on a break from everything. I played Path Of Exile until a week ago, now I have returned to Civilization 5, to relax my brain a bit. This has caused me to loose most of my sleep (just one more turn, just this one more...), so I am a bit zombified at work these days. I keep slacking here on the forum every chance I get, no point in trying to do any work like this.

So, thank you Civ 5.

I am on a break from Star Trek Online, Path Of Exile and CoD. I am playing 2 campaigns of D&D as well, but they are both on hold. Damn, It would seem I don't play anything anymore.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
26-03-2014, 05:05 AM
I've been playing Desert Rats vs Afrika Korps recently.

In addition to that, it's been Empire: Total War. I'm playing as Prussia this time. Apparently the major surrounding nations (Sweden, Poland-Lithuania & Austria) all have a collective thing about beating up Prussians. I just spent about ten years at war with P-L, Austria and Sweden, haggling desperately to get them to back off. I had to give up Courland to get the Poles off my back (strangely enough, they didn't want Lithuania back...) and out of the blue Austria decided to not take my offers of giving them Silesia back, but rather they just settled for a trade agreement and peace treaty. After years of saying that I deserved horse-whipping for suggesting that to them.
Now all I have to deal with is Russian armies pillaging around Lithuania, because they simply refuse all attempts at peace for no good reason outside "We're Russians, we do whatever the fuck we want and you silly little Prussians can't do a thing to stop us." Well I constantly do, but maintaining my armies isn't really easy when I have fuck-all money coming into my empire...

At least Hanover, Bavaria and Westphalia are nice to me.

Oh, plus some FTL too.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
26-03-2014, 05:56 AM
(26-03-2014 04:35 AM)Filox Wrote:  I'm on a break from everything. I played Path Of Exile until a week ago, now I have returned to Civilization 5, to relax my brain a bit. This has caused me to loose most of my sleep (just one more turn, just this one more...), so I am a bit zombified at work these days. I keep slacking here on the forum every chance I get, no point in trying to do any work like this.

So, thank you Civ 5.

I am on a break from Star Trek Online, Path Of Exile and CoD. I am playing 2 campaigns of D&D as well, but they are both on hold. Damn, It would seem I don't play anything anymore.

You can sleep when you're dead... Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
27-03-2014, 04:25 AM
(26-03-2014 05:56 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(26-03-2014 04:35 AM)Filox Wrote:  I'm on a break from everything. I played Path Of Exile until a week ago, now I have returned to Civilization 5, to relax my brain a bit. This has caused me to loose most of my sleep (just one more turn, just this one more...), so I am a bit zombified at work these days. I keep slacking here on the forum every chance I get, no point in trying to do any work like this.

So, thank you Civ 5.

You can sleep when you're dead... Drinking Beverage

That is true and my Mayan Empire can not wait. I am in constant war with most of the other states, so my full attention is needed. Stupid sleep...

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
27-03-2014, 10:02 PM (This post was last modified: 27-03-2014 10:09 PM by EvolutionKills.)
(27-03-2014 04:25 AM)Filox Wrote:  
(26-03-2014 05:56 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  You can sleep when you're dead... Drinking Beverage

That is true and my Mayan Empire can not wait. I am in constant war with most of the other states, so my full attention is needed. Stupid sleep...

I always liked Japan for military campaigns. Being able to always hit back at 100% damage is pretty invaluable, especially in the early game when units are 'groups' of people and their damage potential can fall off drastically as the unit is whittled down.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
27-03-2014, 10:06 PM
I absolutely love Fallout 3 & New Vegas, so I'm usuallllly immersed in that, but of course recently it's been Titanfall... which is great.

'It's not a lie, if you believe it.' - George Costanza
[+] 1 user Likes prettylogical's post
28-03-2014, 01:44 AM
(27-03-2014 10:02 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(27-03-2014 04:25 AM)Filox Wrote:  That is true and my Mayan Empire can not wait. I am in constant war with most of the other states, so my full attention is needed. Stupid sleep...

I always liked Japan for military campaigns. Being able to always hit back at 100% damage is pretty invaluable, especially in the early game when units are 'groups' of people and their damage potential can fall off drastically as the unit is whittled down.

Everybody knows that playing as the Egyptians and hording monuments or wonders or whatever they're called in Civ5, is the only viable strategy.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post