What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-03-2017, 09:55 PM
RE: What are you playing?
(21-03-2017 08:10 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  The issue with the gaming industry is a lot of the power within the industry is held by those that don't give a fuck about games. Gamestop, publishers and filthy casual masses. The last two being rather significant.

The issue with Publishers is that they don't develop the games. They invest X amount of dollars and expect Y amount of sales. Ubisoft and EA are the prime examples. They get some developers to turn out the same shit year after year because the filthy casuals will buy it. Far Cry, Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed, all EA sports games to name a few. Even spin off games that are basically just mods of other games. Shadows of Mordor, Battlefront. And all this shit sells. People will buy a new Far Cry. People will buy a new Call of Duty. Yet these games are not good games. They're nowhere near innovated or new. Even Battlefield 1, finally a WW1 game right? Firstly, not the first ever WW1 game or even the first WW1 FPS multiplayer game for that matter, secondly it was basically a Battlefront mod which in turn is a Battlefield 4 mod which in turn is basically a slightly varied version of every Battlefield ever.

Yet all these games are held up as AAA, the golden standard of gaming even though they're filth. Fucking FILTH. AAA games are so rarely innovative and exciting now. It's same shit different day.

This is why I fucking called this shit with Andromeda. It's published by EA. The money hunger resonates off the whole game. Firstly, "Mass Effect", gotta have that "badge" because that will sell copies. What else will sell copies? Oh yea, "open world". Mention "Mass Effect" and "Open World" in the same sentence and gamers everywhere just fucking shoot jizz everywhere. But they forgot the most important point. IT'S EA!! Of course that game was gonna be half finished, filled with boring repetitive side filler and shit story with boring side characters.

The Witcher 3 was a fucking masterpiece because CD Projekt Red care about games and they took their time to do it right. They didn't just throw something together and say "Witcher open world" and let gamers everywhere cream their pants and throw money at them. No. They made a seriously good fucking game that would become an instant classic so that when fanboys everywhere threw money at them they didn't regret doing so.

Whatever I'm done rambling. Fuck EA, I hope their headquarters burns to the ground.

I agree with many of your points. In fact I agree with damn near all of them. I'm surprised you didn't include Ubisoft along with game publishers since they published the piece of shit The Division. What was "supposed" to be an amazing open world game turned into a huge steaming pile of shit.

You bring up Gamestop as part of the problem and I agree to an extent. I feel for the employees that work there since they are pushed to either pre-sale games, hope you trade in games (which I'm guilty of doing), and pushing used games rather than selling you a new game since they make a shit ton of profit off of used games. This is, of course, is not the fault of the employee but company policy.

The publisher I have an issue with at the moment is Activision. They own the rights to Destiny which is published by Bungie (original makers of the Halo franchise). I'll be the first to admit that Destiny is not what was originally promised but the gunplay and character design and all the ways you can customize your character made it good enough for me. I play it mostly because of the friends that I play with which, in turn, makes the game fun (even if flawed).
I am a very loot driven player. I play the game to get every single thing that I can get out of it. And with Destiny I've done just that. I've completed every single challenge in the game. All the raids done on hard mode with the challenges active, every PvP challenge that you can do, and I've gone to the Lighthouse 5 times which only 3% of the entire Destiny population (which on any given weekend has 200-300k players playing trials) have managed. Trials of Osiris is a hyper competitive PvP mode and you must know exactly how to play against a opposing team of 3 and win 9 matches (each match consisting of best of 5) without losing one match. I am a extremely competitive player and I hate losing. I'm competitive to a fault.

But now Activision has put a time limit on Bungie. If they do not release Destiny 2 this fall they will lose a lot of their stock options and a lot of money in the process. This puts undue stress on Bungie and I fear that we will get a sub-par game that given more time to develop "could" be amazing. But I fear it won't so we will be playing Destiny 2 beta just like we did with the original Destiny. It was a year and a half before they finally put out content that was worthy of a good storyline, good raid, and semi balanced PvP.

I get to decide what my life looks like, not the other way around.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-03-2017, 12:16 AM
Nothing like playing some classics. New high score in Galaga.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
22-03-2017, 04:52 AM
Quote:Trials of Osiris is a hyper competitive PvP mode

I lol'd.

Also Bungie is the developer, Activation is the publisher. And I did mention Ubisoft. And Activation is certainly up there with Ubisoft and EA for producing filth games. I mean they publish CoD and they published Destiny and like you say, The Division. But Activision isn't as bad as Ubisoft and EA. Ubisoft and EA are just shameless money hungry cunts. They're fucking leaches, they don't add anything to the gaming industry except copious amounts of time restraint and pressure on developers to develop something, anything, no matter how unfinished or samey it is and it fill it with fucking day 1 paid DLC or whatever other filth they can add to the game to coerce money out of the retard filthy casual masses who cream their pants over the same fucking filth game year after year and think they know a thing or two about video games.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
22-03-2017, 05:16 AM
#fuckingearmuffs

Such an exuberant creature. Imma play the snot outta some MEA on my ps4pro like the console peasant I am. Laugh out load

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-03-2017, 05:42 AM
(22-03-2017 04:52 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  But Activision isn't as bad as Ubisoft and EA.

What's funny is that I remember both Ubisoft and EA to publish quality games. Must be at the turn of the Millennium or thereabouts. EA's F1 series back then was spot on. I still have F1 challenge '99 to '02 on my rig. There's also an abundance of Mods for this series, insuring it's longevity.

Ubisoft published the Sturmovik series about the same time. Also a pretty good flying/fighter game.

They deterriorated within a little bit over a decade. When the bean counters and empty suits took over to press every last dime out of the consumer. The age of microtransactions and Horde Mode games.

EA is also infamous for running good studios into the ground. It rightfully earned the title of worst company several times in a row.
[+] 1 user Likes abaris's post
22-03-2017, 05:53 AM
EA was always Madden to me. That shit was alright, but I've since lost interest in sports games.

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-03-2017, 06:30 AM
(22-03-2017 05:42 AM)abaris Wrote:  Ubisoft published the Sturmovik series about the same time. Also a pretty good flying/fighter game.

The successor of Il2, Cliffs of Dover, was probably the biggest flightsim disaster in history of mankind. Took 7+ years to develop. Then, at the end, Oleg Maddox, the head of the developers suddenly left, and left the whole business. People thought this was *fishy* but were assured that everything was "ok". Within a year, CloD was released and it was utter desaster. It hardly ran on any machine.at.all. Bugfixes hardly inproved the situation. The complete project was then abandoned and sold to 1CS flight studios, who sacked the developer team and started from scratch with Battle of Moscow/Stalingrad/Kuban.
In the meantime a community team "team daedalus" fixed CloD within 2 years, got finally the source code handed and are working on a expansion of CloD (north africa expansion). Thumbsup

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
22-03-2017, 06:41 AM (This post was last modified: 22-03-2017 06:56 AM by RearViewMirror.)
(22-03-2017 04:52 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
Quote:Trials of Osiris is a hyper competitive PvP mode

I lol'd.

Also Bungie is the developer, Activation is the publisher. And I did mention Ubisoft. And Activation is certainly up there with Ubisoft and EA for producing filth games. I mean they publish CoD and they published Destiny and like you say, The Division. But Activision isn't as bad as Ubisoft and EA. Ubisoft and EA are just shameless money hungry cunts. They're fucking leaches, they don't add anything to the gaming industry except copious amounts of time restraint and pressure on developers to develop something, anything, no matter how unfinished or samey it is and it fill it with fucking day 1 paid DLC or whatever other filth they can add to the game to coerce money out of the retard filthy casual masses who cream their pants over the same fucking filth game year after year and think they know a thing or two about video games.

I understand the LOL about PvP. But I treat it much like a chess match. The PvP in Destiny is so good and you have outplay the other team. As I mentioned I'm hyper competitive with everything that I do.

I get to decide what my life looks like, not the other way around.
22-03-2017, 07:19 AM
(22-03-2017 06:30 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  The successor of Il2, Cliffs of Dover, was probably the biggest flightsim disaster in history of mankind. Took 7+ years to develop. Then, at the end, Oleg Maddox, the head of the developers suddenly left, and left the whole business. People thought this was *fishy* but were assured that everything was "ok".

The ones I still own are all made by Oleg. And although there was much criticism over the flight modells, it seemed to have been pretty realistic. By chance I stumbled over an article where it was mentioned how real German pilots recovered from a spin in the FW190. The real world procedure worked with the IL model of the FW190.
22-03-2017, 08:18 PM
Quote:The PvP in Destiny is so good and you have outplay the other team.

[Image: rofl_example_image.png?1468040492]

Destiny is to pvp what McDonalds is to fine dinning.
Destiny's pvp is unbelievably trash. And this is coming from someone who excelled at it when he used to play Destiny. I would have whooped your ass Tongue

The idea that Destiny's pvp is anything but a clusterfuck of meta guns, unbalance, and just a bunch of short lived chaotic fun at best is fucking laughable.
If your idea of competitive fps pvp is Destiny you seriously need to play more multiplayer fps games.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post