What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-03-2017, 06:23 AM
RE: What are you playing?
See EK I told you Fallout VR was next, I was just wrong about which game Tongue

http://www.pcgamer.com/fallout-4-vr-conf...-pcgamertw

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-03-2017, 06:40 AM
(24-03-2017 06:23 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  See EK I told you Fallout VR was next, I was just wrong about which game Tongue

Well, not on consoles it's not. Even at the reduced resolution of the Playstation VR headset, you would need both a PS4 Pro and severe visual downgrades to get Fallout 4 to the consistent 90FPS required for VR. Considering that Sony put the kibosh on any PS VR title being Pro exclusive, it would require an even more massive visual downgrade to get it onto base PS4. The game, as is, struggles to maintain 30FPS at 900p on a base model PS4; that hardware isn't going to be able to render 1080p90 for Playstation VR.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
24-03-2017, 06:43 AM
(23-03-2017 11:42 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I don't play PS4, I play Xbox. Halo is my main jam, FPS wise anyway. That game is proper competitive multiplayer. Ranking system, the games balanced (well.. it's very very well balanced compared to most FPS games and most certainly compared to the unbalanced shit storm that is Destiny.) and it competitive in a way that Destiny just isn't.

Team play in Halo is incredibly important. Destiny.. not so much. My flatmate is a hardcore Destiny player. He's put like 3000 hours into that game. He'll get carried by 2 dudes who do trials each week and get to the lighthouse easily and consistently. Destiny isn't a team game. I can have the worst team ever yet I can just pop flamming hammers and wipe the enemy team lolwut?? How is that competitive?? Halo in comparison, everyone starts with the same things and has to fight over the power weapons and power ups. And you can adjust your play style accordingly. There's no adjusting for someone suddenly deciding they're gonna nova bomb or titan slam mid-fight. Halo takes a lot more skill whereas Destiny you just need luck or to have your special/grenade off cool down.

But thinking about PS4, Overwatch comes to mind. Yea it's a cartoony Blizzard game but even that is very competitive. The characters are well balanced considering the number of them and how different they are and it's far more team based and about team tactics and character selection.

Even CoD is more balanced and competitive and that's fucking CoD...

The reason why only 3% of gamers get to the lighthouse is not because it's competitive it's because Destiny is so full of bullshit things such as meta guns and all the powers and the whole everyone has a sniper/shotgun bullshit that it's nearly impossible to win 9 fucking games in a row without losing to some random n00bs running around throwing spike grenades everywhere. That game is too unpredictable which in turn takes away the whole strategic element which in turn makes it completely non-competitive.

The issue for Destiny 2 is though, what that games needs is a multiplayer much like Halo's where everyone starts off on an even footing and abilities aren't as OP bullshit as they are now. And a ranking system. Than it would be close to competitive. BUT the issue with that is that is not the kind of game Destiny is. It's an "mmo" type thing where you go raid or whatever and get new guns and gear etc.. so they will never have the multiplayer it needs which is a shame because if it had a really good ACTUAL competitive multiplayer that was well balanced and had a ranking system it would be a far more sustainable game and would be a real competitor in the multiplayer scene.

Team play on Destiny is extremely important especially in trials. You say you need luck to have your grenades on cd but that isn't luck... It's how you spec your stats. Destiny is now entering into MLG so I'd say that it's proven itself a worthy FPS.

You say people go to the lighthouse because of sniper / shotguns but due to the new changes to crucible if you die with special ammo in reserve you lose all of that ammo until it respawns. So there are no more Jug Shotgunner Titans since the meta has changed. Every single attack has a counter from a different class and it's all in how you space out your supers and grenades to help your team out the best in Trials. It's much more than you are giving it credit for. And I understand if you don't like the game since I realize it isn't for everyone. But 3v3 modes do require skill and coordination to be competitive in.

Sure there are meta weapons but so what? I've learned to adapt to the play style and find a weapon that fits that play style. I don't have any issue with going negative in the game as rarely do I run up against someone that can consistently outplay me. Very seldom do I go negative but it does happen every once in awhile. As good as you think you are there is always someone better.

And I'd argue that you very rarely pop hammers and wipe out an entire team. Sure you may get 3-4 (playing a 6v6 mode) but in 3v3 if the other team is smart you will only get one. And on my hunter I'll just pop shadowshot and take you out of hammers and snipe you in the head.

So trials for me is all about the loot. I've got every weapon out of trials that I can get and all the ornaments for that armor.

Still one of the best pulse rifles in the game even with the meta change.

[Image: Destiny_20170102222837_zpsdby6eois.jpg]

And the best Sniper in the game

[Image: Destiny_20170102222852_zpsgswfpb3u.jpg]

And very rarely do I ever go negative

[Image: Screen%20Shot%202016-12-26%20at%202.29.0...o0tlvv.png]

I get to decide what my life looks like, not the other way around.
24-03-2017, 06:46 AM
VR is highly overrated, I do not understand people's fascination with it.
Well.. I do, the potential is fucking awesome, but as it stands now I do not understand it. Though I am thankful for it because when I get it in like 3 years time it'll be at a level that's worth using it at. And people's current fascination with it I guess is driving that market keeping it worthwhile so companies continue to develop it.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
24-03-2017, 06:51 AM
(24-03-2017 06:40 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(24-03-2017 06:23 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  See EK I told you Fallout VR was next, I was just wrong about which game Tongue

Well, not on consoles it's not. Even at the reduced resolution of the Playstation VR headset, you would need both a PS4 Pro and severe visual downgrades to get Fallout 4 to the consistent 90FPS required for VR. Considering that Sony put the kibosh on any PS VR title being Pro exclusive, it would require an even more massive visual downgrade to get it onto base PS4. The game, as is, struggles to maintain 30FPS at 900p on a base model PS4; that hardware isn't going to be able to render 1080p90 for Playstation VR.

It'll probably be a PC exclusive then.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
24-03-2017, 06:58 AM
(24-03-2017 06:51 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  It'll probably be a PC exclusive then.

FO4 is very poorly optimised on the PC also. Random framerate drops, or maybe not that random, since they often happen at transitions between cells where the game has a lot of objects and clutter to load. There are also quite a few points at cell transitions where numerous people observed CTDs when you enter from a certain direction.

And no, tuning down quality doesn't help. In some cases it even worsens the issues for some unknown reason.
24-03-2017, 07:04 AM
Quote:Destiny is now entering into MLG

Lolwut really?
But how much is that game going to be changed for MLG? Like what are the rules of MLG? only use certain weapons, certain classes? etc.. it'll be unrecognizable as the original game.
At least when CoD4 entered MLG it was still the basic game just took away some weapons and attachments so instead of using the mp5 you used the ak-74u.

Quote:so I'd say that it's proven itself a worthy FPS.

Except when did it come out? And it's basically dead now, Destiny 2 comes out at the end of this year nobody will be playing Destiny 1 anymore that's for sure.

Quote:It's much more than you are giving it credit for.

No it's not.

Quote:And I understand if you don't like the game since I realize it isn't for everyone.

That's the thing, I did like the game. I liked it very much. I was very good at it, especially the pvp.
This isn't coming from someone who's just sour because he gets wrecked in pvp constantly, this is coming from someone who will easily wreck people in that game.
But it's also coming from someone who has played a lot of competitive FPS in his time and continues to this day so I know what the fuck I'm talking about. I have played a wide range of games and several games a lot, including Destiny.

Quote:But 3v3 modes do require skill and coordination to be competitive in.

Just not in Destiny.

Quote:rarely do I run up against someone that can consistently outplay me.

That's part of the problem. That's a major part as to why it's not competitive. I had the exact same issue. I would just steam roll people all day every day because I wasn't in a competitive environment, I wasn't being put against people with my skill level partially because there's such a weird idea of "skill" in that game. Destiny's "skill" is like 80% luck, 10% placement, 5% accuracy and 5% internet connection.

Quote:And on my hunter I'll just pop shadowshot and take you out of hammers and snipe you in the head.

EXACTLY. This game is just 1 bullshit after another.
24-03-2017, 09:27 AM (This post was last modified: 24-03-2017 09:32 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(24-03-2017 06:58 AM)abaris Wrote:  
(24-03-2017 06:51 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  It'll probably be a PC exclusive then.

FO4 is very poorly optimised on the PC also. Random framerate drops, or maybe not that random, since they often happen at transitions between cells where the game has a lot of objects and clutter to load. There are also quite a few points at cell transitions where numerous people observed CTDs when you enter from a certain direction.

And no, tuning down quality doesn't help. In some cases it even worsens the issues for some unknown reason.

Honestly a lot of it isn't even optimization, because the things other games and engines do to increase performance simply aren't applicable for the style of game Bethesda makes.

For instance, they implemented a brand spanking new lighting engine complete with volumetrics and god rays. But that doesn't hide the problem that the shadow draw distance is easily the most performance intense variable in the game. Other games can fake beautiful lighting and breathtaking vistas by limiting where the player and go and what they cane see; considerations that Bethesda mostly doesn't take into account because of their game design. The lighting engine is calculating the shadows generated by EVERYTHING within the game's shadow draw distance setting. Fuckin' everything. Every girder, every beam, every building, every trash heap, every actor, every single item. There is no cheating, no short cuts, no faking it in Fallout 4. That game engine is doing everything the hard way, because you are not shoehorned into a more linear and constrained experience, so it has to do everything the hard way. Respawn can do what they need to to modify their individual levels and geometry to get the performance of Titanfall 2 to hit a certain performance level; and the tools and techniques open to them simply aren't applicable to Bethesda's work in Fallout and The Elder Scrolls, because they offer a level of player freedom and world granularity that few games match. Sure, the Witcher 3 looks beautiful and has less bugs. But every object inside every house (of the very few you can explore) in the Witcher is glued down and entirely non-interactive. Compare that to even Morrowind on the original Xbox, where just about everything that is not architecture can be moved, taken, stolen, interacted with, and has it's own weight and physics. There really isn't a way to effectively fake that, you either do it or you do not; and doing that in a game which supports all of the modern graphical bells and whistles is messy and inelegant.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
24-03-2017, 09:53 AM
(24-03-2017 09:27 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Honestly a lot of it isn't even optimization, because the things other games and engines do to increase performance simply aren't applicable for the style of game Bethesda makes.

Don't forget they're still using the old Gamebryo engine. Tuned and updated, yes, but still the old engine that has been around for ages.
24-03-2017, 07:55 PM
Still BotW. Still haven't saved Hyrule.

[Image: C66wnusV4AA9wqM.jpg]

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/