What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-03-2014, 02:06 AM (This post was last modified: 28-03-2014 02:21 AM by EvolutionKills.)
RE: What are you playing?
(28-03-2014 01:44 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(27-03-2014 10:02 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I always liked Japan for military campaigns. Being able to always hit back at 100% damage is pretty invaluable, especially in the early game when units are 'groups' of people and their damage potential can fall off drastically as the unit is whittled down.

Everybody knows that playing as the Egyptians and hording monuments or wonders or whatever they're called in Civ5, is the only viable strategy.

Fuck that...

Catherine the Great - Russia
Siberian Riches
Strategic Resources provide +1 Production, and Horse, Iron and Uranium Resources provide double quantity

Playing long games, with a decently sized empire, I'm usually 1-2 technology eras ahead of everyone else and can build Wonders in a matter of days. Tongue

Also, double the Uranium means double the Giant Death Robots!

[Image: Giant_death_robot_(civ5).jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
28-03-2014, 04:33 AM
Sim City, now that there's an offline version. Fucking EA... Dodgy

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-03-2014, 05:21 AM
(28-03-2014 04:33 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Sim City, now that there's an offline version. Fucking EA... Dodgy

Funny, I was just about to play it too.
Offline version, that explains why it was available for download.

Quote:Fuck that...

Siberian Riches
Strategic Resources provide +1 Production, and Horse, Iron and Uranium Resources provide double quantity

Playing long games, with a decently sized empire, I'm usually 1-2 technology eras ahead of everyone else and can build Wonders in a matter of days. Tongue

Truth be told I haven't played much Civ5. Prefer to play EU4.
So I don't know many different strategies.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
28-03-2014, 05:44 AM
(28-03-2014 05:21 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(28-03-2014 04:33 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Sim City, now that there's an offline version. Fucking EA... Dodgy

Funny, I was just about to play it too.

Quote:Fuck that...

Siberian Riches

If Civ5 is geometry, EU4 is goddamn calculus... Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
28-03-2014, 05:53 AM
(28-03-2014 05:44 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(28-03-2014 05:21 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Funny, I was just about to play it too.

If Civ5 is geometry, EU4 is goddamn calculus... Tongue

Exactly Tongue

28-03-2014, 06:22 AM
(27-03-2014 04:25 AM)Filox Wrote:  
(26-03-2014 05:56 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  You can sleep when you're dead... Drinking Beverage

That is true and my Mayan Empire can not wait. I am in constant war with most of the other states, so my full attention is needed. Stupid sleep...

Peace is overrated in CIV 5. I send out very few settlers to make my own cities. I let the other players do that while I quietly build a military and then just take their cities one by one. In the time it takes someone to build a settler, a military unit to protect it, and then get them both to a location, I've got 3-4 military units ready to go take it from them. I don't make friends in CIV. I either roll across the map like a swarm of locusts, or people gang up on me and take me out quickly.

Oh, and sleep is for the weak.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 2 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post
28-03-2014, 06:57 AM (This post was last modified: 28-03-2014 10:30 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(28-03-2014 06:22 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(27-03-2014 04:25 AM)Filox Wrote:  That is true and my Mayan Empire can not wait. I am in constant war with most of the other states, so my full attention is needed. Stupid sleep...

Peace is overrated in CIV 5. I send out very few settlers to make my own cities. I let the other players do that while I quietly build a military and then just take their cities one by one. In the time it takes someone to build a settler, a military unit to protect it, and then get them both to a location, I've got 3-4 military units ready to go take it from them. I don't make friends in CIV. I either roll across the map like a swarm of locusts, or people gang up on me and take me out quickly.

My last game I got pretty lucky with the map placement. 6 civilizations, long game, on continents. I basically got a whole continent to myself (playing as Catherine the Great) and half of the city-states. So I expanded to take the entire interior (I stopped at 5 of my own cities, 3 of which were port cities), made nice with my neighbors (to get access to their resources), while the other 5 civs beat the shit out of each other on the only other continent. Once I finally got around to exploring the whole map, they had already cannibalized themselves down to 3 (Atilla, Bismark, and Nobunaga). But at that point I had aircraft carriers and nuclear submarines, and they were still running around in Ships-of-the-Line and Triremes. Relationships were cordial, but eventually went south (because of their Missionaries) and all 3 of them learned just how outclassed they were. Laugh out load

[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
28-03-2014, 07:04 AM
(28-03-2014 06:57 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(28-03-2014 06:22 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  Peace is overrated in CIV 5. I send out very few settlers to make my own cities. I let the other players do that while I quietly build a military and then just take their cities one by one. In the time it takes someone to build a settler, a military unit to protect it, and then get them both to a location, I've got 3-4 military units ready to go take it from them. I don't make friends in CIV. I either roll across the map like a swarm of locusts, or people gang up on me and take me out quickly.

My last game I got pretty lucky with the map placement. 6 civilizations, long game, on continents. I basically got a whole continent to myself and half of the city-states. So I expanded to take the entire interior, made nice with my neighbors, while the other 5 civs beat the shit out of each other on the one other continent. Once I finally got around to exploring the whole map, they had already cannibalized themselves down to 3. But at that point I had aircraft carriers and nuclear submarines, and they were still running around in Ships-of-the-Line and Triremes. Relationships were cordial, but eventually went south (because of their Missionaries) and all 3 of them learned just how outclassed they were.

That sounds like the last map I played. I was on a continent with most of the city states and 2 other countries. One, I surrounded quickly and forced him to do my bidding or I'd wipe him off the map and the other was just a bad player and I took all their cities with ease.

On the other continents, there was constant war as they fought for dominance. Meanwhile, I sat on my continent building universities and researching the shit out things, pumping most of my resources into science. I was 2 ages ahead of the other continent by the time I showed up. I'm sure they crapped their pants when I rolled in with mechanized infantry, rocket artillery, and giant death robots against their great war infantry. It's amazing how fast people offer up tribute when you surround their borders with nuke subs and destroyers and dump enough heavy weaponry to wipe them off the map without producing another unit.

God I love shock and awe.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 1 user Likes itsnotmeitsyou's post
29-03-2014, 08:14 PM
Nearly done my first playthrough of Tomb Raider on the PS3. Never played any of the previous ones, but I'm enjoying this one quite a bit. I completely understand now why so many guys had crushes on Lara Croft.

[Image: MegahentaiSignature_zps7c4b73b2.jpg]
29-03-2014, 08:19 PM
I was gonna comment that she's a video game character but than I read your username.