What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-04-2017, 08:58 PM
RE: What are you playing?
The year is 1939, it is the 24th of October, and the fall of the Soviet Union is just around the corner. German troops can feel it in the air.

As the plants in the Russian west begin to prepare the the winter almost upon them, the German Reich are also preparing for the what they anticipate to be their final push of the war.

24 German divisions pushed south all the way to the Crimea and beyond to the Caucuses. 48 more divisions use the South Army's gains to push northward around the great marshes of eastern Poland and Belarus. With the aid of 18 armoured and motorised infantry divisions under General Rommel they encircle approximately 26 Russian divisions in the marshlands, General Rundstedt's First Army of 46 infantry divisions closes around them as the two other armies push deeper into Russia.

[Image: E06371A0E91E14AA70CA79D4436C575BCE2FB432]

By December, the Russians are pushed back past Moscow. Stalingrad falls. Leningrad crumbles.

By February, the war is over. Having cost Germany ~800000 men vs ~2 million Russian fallen. The Western most part of Russia is claimed by Germany for the Vaterland's Lebensraum. Everything east of the Ural mountains is left to a puppet Russian government to defend.

By January of 1940, the Baltic States have been consumed. March, 1941, Romania falls, and with it, its allies of Mongolia and Tannu-what, the former is split up between Hungary and Bulgaria, the latter are consumed by the new Russian Empire.

The world stands on a razor's edge. Italy after claiming Yugoslavia for herself has invaded Greece. The United States has formally thrown their lot in with the Allies and will surely turn its eyes to Germany in the name of 'freedom' soon. Japan has annexed and puppeted China and is now at war with the US.
Germany stands ready for whatever comes next; her borders with allied powers are garrisoned and ready for war. Troops are being moved and plans drawn up for rapid invasions of Canada and the British Isles. Her border with Italy is defended.

All that remains to be seen is who will strike the match.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
01-04-2017, 09:14 PM
(01-04-2017 08:34 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  They even decided to put it on a big boy platform this time. We'll see whether or not Bungie is better at handling script kiddies than Ubisoft *cough* The Division *cough* is.

I seriously doubt it judging from D1

I get to decide what my life looks like, not the other way around.
01-04-2017, 09:35 PM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2017 09:40 PM by EvolutionKills.)
(01-04-2017 09:14 PM)RearViewMirror Wrote:  
(01-04-2017 08:34 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  They even decided to put it on a big boy platform this time. We'll see whether or not Bungie is better at handling script kiddies than Ubisoft *cough* The Division *cough* is.

I seriously doubt it judging from D1

Ubisoft shot themselves in the foot at the ground level, as so much of that game's interaction was handled client side and open to simple and easy manipulation. I mean, at launch, you could use fucking Cheat Engine to screw with most aspects of the game and have them affect other people because of hard coded client side priority. That is not a simple or easy fix, and belied a staggering level of design incompetence.

So yeah, if Bungie is stupid enough to leave damage calculations be done client side, Destiny 2 on PC will be a shit show. I hope they're not that incompetent.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
01-04-2017, 10:05 PM
(01-04-2017 09:35 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  So yeah, if Bungie is stupid enough to leave damage calculations be done client side, Destiny 2 on PC will be a shit show. I hope they're not that incompetent.

Exactly why I don't play anything on PC. It's too easy to manipulate the code. Much harder to cheat on consoles.

01-04-2017, 10:11 PM
(01-04-2017 10:05 PM)RearViewMirror Wrote:  
(01-04-2017 09:35 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  So yeah, if Bungie is stupid enough to leave damage calculations be done client side, Destiny 2 on PC will be a shit show. I hope they're not that incompetent.

Exactly why I don't play anything on PC. It's too easy to manipulate the code. Much harder to cheat on consoles.

That's offset but the vastly smaller number of prepubescent 10 year olds screaming obscenities into their mics at you; and even on PC, most of them are playing Minecraft.

Oh, and not having to pay Sony or Microsoft for the 'privilege' of playing online with their services. Rolleyes

01-04-2017, 10:17 PM
(01-04-2017 08:37 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(01-04-2017 08:33 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  To be fair, it isn't EA.
The DLC for Destiny was pretty typical of what you'd expect for DLC, they added a new raid, more story missions, new items etc...
Compare that to say EA that will make France a paid DLC for a WW1 game prior to the games release. France... in WW1... That's like making Link a paid DLC character in a Zelda game.

Dude, it's not EA, it's Activision. The same people who tied the remake of Modern Warfare to the special editions of Infinite Warfare, and had the gall to charge more for the COD4 map packs. Cause, you know, heaven forbid that the COD4 remaster just comes with everything in the original game, like every definitive edition remaster yet made. Nope, Activision had to double dip on decade old map packs. Holy fuckin' shit.

Oh, and they also added microtransactions.

http://www.thejimquisition.com/the-bulls...nsactions/

I didn't say it was EA. I also didn't say Activision wasn't bad, I simply mean that EA is worse. I mean all these large publishing companies that don't actually make games and add anything of any value to the industry are bad but still.

[Image: oscar.png]
01-04-2017, 10:21 PM
(01-04-2017 08:58 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  The year is 1939, it is the 24th of October, and the fall of the Soviet Union is just around the corner. German troops can feel it in the air.

As the plants in the Russian west begin to prepare the the winter almost upon them, the German Reich are also preparing for the what they anticipate to be their final push of the war.

24 German divisions pushed south all the way to the Crimea and beyond to the Caucuses. 48 more divisions use the South Army's gains to push northward around the great marshes of eastern Poland and Belarus. With the aid of 18 armoured and motorised infantry divisions under General Rommel they encircle approximately 26 Russian divisions in the marshlands, General Rundstedt's First Army of 46 infantry divisions closes around them as the two other armies push deeper into Russia.

[Image: E06371A0E91E14AA70CA79D4436C575BCE2FB432]

By December, the Russians are pushed back past Moscow. Stalingrad falls. Leningrad crumbles.

By February, the war is over. Having cost Germany ~800000 men vs ~2 million Russian fallen. The Western most part of Russia is claimed by Germany for the Vaterland's Lebensraum. Everything east of the Ural mountains is left to a puppet Russian government to defend.

By January of 1940, the Baltic States have been consumed. March, 1941, Romania falls, and with it, its allies of Mongolia and Tannu-what, the former is split up between Hungary and Bulgaria, the latter are consumed by the new Russian Empire.

The world stands on a razor's edge. Italy after claiming Yugoslavia for herself has invaded Greece. The United States has formally thrown their lot in with the Allies and will surely turn its eyes to Germany in the name of 'freedom' soon. Japan has annexed and puppeted China and is now at war with the US.
Germany stands ready for whatever comes next; her borders with allied powers are garrisoned and ready for war. Troops are being moved and plans drawn up for rapid invasions of Canada and the British Isles. Her border with Italy is defended.

All that remains to be seen is who will strike the match.

Was playing yesterday and I accidentally made all my troops go from 20 width strong, fully trained, to reserve 10 width recruits because I accidentally edited a division layout instead of creating a new one (so basically I halved the size of all my infantry units and made all their experience redundant). Suffice to say I was not pleased and my play season ended abruptly.

[Image: oscar.png]
01-04-2017, 10:22 PM
(01-04-2017 10:17 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(01-04-2017 08:37 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Dude, it's not EA, it's Activision. The same people who tied the remake of Modern Warfare to the special editions of Infinite Warfare, and had the gall to charge more for the COD4 map packs. Cause, you know, heaven forbid that the COD4 remaster just comes with everything in the original game, like every definitive edition remaster yet made. Nope, Activision had to double dip on decade old map packs. Holy fuckin' shit.

Oh, and they also added microtransactions.

http://www.thejimquisition.com/the-bulls...nsactions/

I didn't say it was EA. I also didn't say Activision wasn't bad, I simply mean that EA is worse. I mean all these large publishing companies that don't actually make games and add anything of any value to the industry are bad but still.

My point was that Activision is probably worse than EA. Double dipping at a higher price on a DLC map pack that is 10 years old for a remaster of a game that is itself gated behind the premium editions of their latest entry in the franchise? Also, that map pack isn't included with Infinity War's season pass, so fuck you even if you bought the $100 version and thought that it entitled you to everything. That is intellectually offensive on multiple levels. I'd be hard pressed to think of something offhand EA did that was that repugnant.

01-04-2017, 11:16 PM
(01-04-2017 10:11 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Oh, and not having to pay Sony or Microsoft for the 'privilege' of playing online with their services. Rolleyes

I pay roughly $5 a month to play and get hours and hours of enjoyment out of it. I've yet to run into a 12 yr old screaming since our group is made up of 30 -40 year olds. I don't see the downside sorry.

01-04-2017, 11:19 PM
[Image: 67D84E7024513E9EFC0598A4E5EE1174677151C3]

Well fuck you too, Japan.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post