What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-04-2017, 11:31 PM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2017 11:35 PM by EvolutionKills.)
RE: What are you playing?
(01-04-2017 11:16 PM)RearViewMirror Wrote:  
(01-04-2017 10:11 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Oh, and not having to pay Sony or Microsoft for the 'privilege' of playing online with their services. Rolleyes

I pay roughly $5 a month to play and get hours and hours of enjoyment out of it. I've yet to run into a 12 yr old screaming since our group is made up of 30 -40 year olds. I don't see the downside sorry.

What, you never play competitive shooters with random pubs? You know, like the vast majority of people on those platforms do?

Well, good for you then, if you can manage it. But I've watched my flatmate play Battlefield 1 on Xbox One and GTA: Online on PS4, and I myself played Day of Defeat: Source, Halflife² Deathmatch, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Black Ops (the last one with dedicated servers) and Team Fortress 2 while it was in beta, and I want no part of that scene anymore. Let alone on platforms filled with aforementioned prepubescent children who think screaming cuss words into their always on mic (no push-to-talk option on consoles) is what all the cool people do, instead of the juvenile overcompensation that it actually is.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2017, 12:36 AM
Regarding the CoD4 remaster, I'm certainly not gonna deny that that was pretty money grabbing repugnant. I'm sure they could have sold more copies if they release it on it's own.
I know my flatmate didn't buy it out of spite and I probably would have brought a remastered CoD4.
But France... in a WW1 game.. I mean comon.. Not to mention the Battlefield mod that was Battlefront.

We can argue all day which publisher is worse but I think we can both safely agree that we believe them all to be fucking cancer.

Regarding screaming 12 year olds. I don't know why this argument always comes up and is considered a valid argument?
I'm with RVM, I never see/hear 12 year olds screaming into the mic, the people I always come across on the mic are around my age or late teens/early 20's.
And I only pug, I hardly ever am in party chat with a group. And anyone I do come across as annoying I simply mute, it's easy enough.

The idea that 12 year olds screaming into mics is reserved solely for consoles and that it's even an issue is ludicrous.

[Image: oscar.png]
02-04-2017, 12:56 AM
(02-04-2017 12:36 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Regarding screaming 12 year olds. I don't know why this argument always comes up and is considered a valid argument?
I'm with RVM, I never see/hear 12 year olds screaming into the mic, the people I always come across on the mic are around my age or late teens/early 20's.
And I only pug, I hardly ever am in party chat with a group. And anyone I do come across as annoying I simply mute, it's easy enough.

The idea that 12 year olds screaming into mics is reserved solely for consoles and that it's even an issue is ludicrous.

Oh, it's not just them. Any asshole can be a racist or misogynistic fuckhead, but there's something especially annoying when the voice on the other end threatening to rape your mother is coming from a pair of vocal cord attached to balls that evidently don't have hair on them. But yeah, being a dipshit on the internet is not limited to children.

02-04-2017, 10:49 AM
Just bought Shadow of Mordor.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
02-04-2017, 10:52 AM
(02-04-2017 10:49 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  Just bought Shadow of Mordor.

That's a good one. The nemesis system is one of the most interesting things to come out of gaming in the last few years.

02-04-2017, 10:56 AM
(02-04-2017 10:52 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(02-04-2017 10:49 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  Just bought Shadow of Mordor.

That's a good one. The nemesis system is one of the most interesting things to come out of gaming in the last few years.

Yeah, been hearing a lot about it and then saw the trailer for Shadow of War so I said to myself, "fuck you for stalling for so long, get this god damn game and play it."

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
02-04-2017, 11:33 AM
AoE2 HD Edition with all expansions, all 31 civilizations.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-04-2017, 12:04 PM
(01-04-2017 11:31 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  What, you never play competitive shooters with random pubs? You know, like the vast majority of people on those platforms do?

I don't. The audience playing these kinds of games isn't to my liking. Preteens screaming homophobic slurs into their mics isn't my idea of fun. I tried GTA V recently, but I got tired of it too.

The only games I play online are competitive racers. Old ones for that matter. Such as the heavily modded GPL from 1998. Still a very active community, and since it's not your usual arkade game, it attracts people who are in for a challenge.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
02-04-2017, 12:40 PM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2017 12:44 PM by RearViewMirror.)
(01-04-2017 11:31 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  What, you never play competitive shooters with random pubs? You know, like the vast majority of people on those platforms do?

Well, good for you then, if you can manage it. But I've watched my flatmate play Battlefield 1 on Xbox One and GTA: Online on PS4, and I myself played Day of Defeat: Source, Halflife² Deathmatch, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Black Ops (the last one with dedicated servers) and Team Fortress 2 while it was in beta, and I want no part of that scene anymore. Let alone on platforms filled with aforementioned prepubescent children who think screaming cuss words into their always on mic (no push-to-talk option on consoles) is what all the cool people do, instead of the juvenile overcompensation that it actually is.

It seems you and I go over this topic quite often. No... I do not play with randoms. I have a group of around 20 people that I play with regularly. All of the videos I posted so far has been my group. Therefore it makes the game fun for me.

If I happen to go into a match solo (which happens very seldom) you can not hear the other team no matter what and unless you opt into voice chat you can't even hear your own team which is a win win in my book. I'm sorry you don't like consoles or certain shooters. I do. I like Destiny and although certainly not perfect you have not given me one, just one FPS out there on PS4 that has a competitive mode in it that tracks your stats though every game played, has a ultra competitive mode which is one of the hardest things to complete in the game, and just a FPS that has MMO qualities that allow you to hang out with friends and bullshit while you shoot shit in the face.

So no... I will not play on a PC. To easy to build a cheat code. The only issues with consoles is the random DDOS attack. Aside from that everything usually remains stable.

I get to decide what my life looks like, not the other way around.
02-04-2017, 12:46 PM
One other thing.... If you despise hearing the other team talking you can do as I do most of the time and create a party chat that any of my friends can join. There is no way for you to hear anyone that is actually in the game unless they are in the party chat.

I get to decide what my life looks like, not the other way around.