What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-04-2017, 12:53 PM
RE: What are you playing?
Exactly why I don't play on PC. But this is a pretty good video of how it's done in The Division. Listen to the interview. And for what's it worth the language is pretty bad.

I get to decide what my life looks like, not the other way around.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2017, 03:17 PM
Halo 3.

Hey whatta ya want? I just got an Xbox 360.

I like buying the obsolete, cheap....

It's new to me, and I still have money left over to buy other shit...

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
02-04-2017, 03:20 PM
(02-04-2017 03:17 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Halo 3.

Hey whatta ya want? I just got an Xbox 360.

I like buying the obsolete, cheap....

It's new to me, and I still have money left over to buy other shit...

Big Grin

Wish I had an Xbox 360. Want to play Lost Odyssey again.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
02-04-2017, 07:49 PM
Quote:has a ultra competitive mode

You keep using that word...

[Image: oscar.png]
02-04-2017, 08:09 PM
(02-04-2017 07:49 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
Quote:has a ultra competitive mode

You keep using that word...

And you keep not understanding the game mode I'm talking about Wink And you still haven't answered my question?

02-04-2017, 08:38 PM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2017 08:44 PM by EvolutionKills.)
(02-04-2017 12:40 PM)RearViewMirror Wrote:  
(01-04-2017 11:31 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  What, you never play competitive shooters with random pubs? You know, like the vast majority of people on those platforms do?

Well, good for you then, if you can manage it. But I've watched my flatmate play Battlefield 1 on Xbox One and GTA: Online on PS4, and I myself played Day of Defeat: Source, Halflife² Deathmatch, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Black Ops (the last one with dedicated servers) and Team Fortress 2 while it was in beta, and I want no part of that scene anymore. Let alone on platforms filled with aforementioned prepubescent children who think screaming cuss words into their always on mic (no push-to-talk option on consoles) is what all the cool people do, instead of the juvenile overcompensation that it actually is.

It seems you and I go over this topic quite often. No... I do not play with randoms. I have a group of around 20 people that I play with regularly. All of the videos I posted so far has been my group. Therefore it makes the game fun for me.

If I happen to go into a match solo (which happens very seldom) you can not hear the other team no matter what and unless you opt into voice chat you can't even hear your own team which is a win win in my book. I'm sorry you don't like consoles or certain shooters. I do. I like Destiny and although certainly not perfect you have not given me one, just one FPS out there on PS4 that has a competitive mode in it that tracks your stats though every game played, has a ultra competitive mode which is one of the hardest things to complete in the game, and just a FPS that has MMO qualities that allow you to hang out with friends and bullshit while you shoot shit in the face.

So no... I will not play on a PC. To easy to build a cheat code. The only issues with consoles is the random DDOS attack. Aside from that everything usually remains stable.

I've worked night shift for over 5 years, so whenever I want to play, few other people are actually on. Not that it bothers me all that much, as I don't play online all that often. When I do, I go for cooperative experiences, like Killingfloor 2. I've done competitive (I averaged a 7-1 KDR in CoD4 in hardcore servers), I've dealt with internet tough guys, and I don't care about whipping out my e-peen and getting into a measuring contest anymore. Plus once you learn a mouse a keyboard, it's really hard to go back to dual analog, evermore so for me, as my console FPS background was the N64. I grew up on Turok, Goldeneye, and Perfect Dark; and I used Turok controls in all of them (stick to aim, C buttons for movement). I was doing dual analog before dual analog was even a thing, but it also made me an invert Y-Axis (thanks Star Fox!) and a Southpaw. So even when HALO and Timesplitters had just come out (and was dominating all of my friends who were still just learning these new dual analog schemes), I was an odd duck that always had to modify my controls.

Years of third person action games have weened me off of southpaw, but I never feel as comfortable aiming (even with most console shooter's generous aim assist) as I do using a good gaming mouse. This transition is most thanks to going to school for Game Design, as my first PC FPS was Unreal Tournament 2004, on account of the courses being built around Unreal Engine. So I stick to KillingFloor 2, where I can enjoy the moment to moment gunplay (which is exemplar, Tripwire knows how to make the act of firing a weapon carry impact) without worrying about my stats, because nobody fucking cares. So long as you don't get your teammates killed and you earn more dosh than you spend on ammo and upgrades, you're set. I could play it on a PS4, where it runs at 60FPS with dynamic resolution scaling, but I'd prefer my mouse (even if I didn't also get a locked 1080p60 and nVidia flex soft body gore effects).

Nobody really uses their mics, and nobody really cheats. Sure, some people will cheat to boost themselves to the highest levels, but it's easy to spots the one who clearly haven't put the time into learning how to play their class. Then it's as simple as laughinng at them while they die every wave while being over-leveled, or switching to a different dedicated server ( Gasp ) if they're employing actual invulnerability or something else that removes all challenge. No stats, no KDR, no drama, no fucking e-peen bullshit. I don't need to prove myself to anyone to have fun, and a failure to do so doesn't detract from my experience.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
02-04-2017, 09:00 PM
I picked up Mass Effect Andromeda, but I'm not going to start it until after I finish the Frank Rising DLC for Dead Rising 4 that comes out Tuesday.
02-04-2017, 09:05 PM
(02-04-2017 08:38 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(02-04-2017 12:40 PM)RearViewMirror Wrote:  It seems you and I go over this topic quite often. No... I do not play with randoms. I have a group of around 20 people that I play with regularly. All of the videos I posted so far has been my group. Therefore it makes the game fun for me.

If I happen to go into a match solo (which happens very seldom) you can not hear the other team no matter what and unless you opt into voice chat you can't even hear your own team which is a win win in my book. I'm sorry you don't like consoles or certain shooters. I do. I like Destiny and although certainly not perfect you have not given me one, just one FPS out there on PS4 that has a competitive mode in it that tracks your stats though every game played, has a ultra competitive mode which is one of the hardest things to complete in the game, and just a FPS that has MMO qualities that allow you to hang out with friends and bullshit while you shoot shit in the face.

So no... I will not play on a PC. To easy to build a cheat code. The only issues with consoles is the random DDOS attack. Aside from that everything usually remains stable.

I've worked night shift for over 5 years, so whenever I want to play, few other people are actually on. Not that it bothers me all that much, as I don't play online all that often. When I do, I go for cooperative experiences, like Killingfloor 2. I've done competitive (I averaged a 7-1 KDR in CoD4 in hardcore servers), I've dealt with internet tough guys, and I don't care about whipping out my e-peen and getting into a measuring contest anymore. Plus once you learn a mouse a keyboard, it's really hard to go back to dual analog, evermore so for me, as my console FPS background was the N64. I grew up on Turok, Goldeneye, and Perfect Dark; and I used Turok controls in all of them (stick to aim, C buttons for movement). I was doing dual analog before dual analog was even a thing, but it also made me an invert Y-Axis (thanks Star Fox!) and a Southpaw. So even when HALO and Timesplitters had just come out (and was dominating all of my friends who were still just learning these new dual analog schemes), I was an odd duck that always had to modify my controls.

Years of third person action games have weened me off of southpaw, but I never feel as comfortable aiming (even with most console shooter's generous aim assist) as I do using a good gaming mouse. This transition is most thanks to going to school for Game Design, as my first PC FPS was Unreal Tournament 2004, on account of the courses being built around Unreal Engine. So I stick to KillingFloor 2, where I can enjoy the moment to moment gunplay (which is exemplar, Tripwire knows how to make the act of firing a weapon carry impact) without worrying about my stats, because nobody fucking cares. So long as you don't get your teammates killed and you earn more dosh than you spend on ammo and upgrades, you're set. I could play it on a PS4, where it runs at 60FPS with dynamic resolution scaling, but I'd prefer my mouse (even if I didn't also get a locked 1080p60 and nVidia flex soft body gore effects).

Nobody really uses their mics, and nobody really cheats. Sure, some people will cheat to boost themselves to the highest levels, but it's easy to spots the one who clearly haven't put the time into learning how to play their class. Then it's as simple as laughinng at them while they die every wave while being over-leveled, or switching to a different dedicated server ( Gasp ) if they're employing actual invulnerability or something else that removes all challenge. No stats, no KDR, no drama, no fucking e-peen bullshit. I don't need to prove myself to anyone to have fun, and a failure to do so doesn't detract from my experience.

I grew up exactly like you with the N64 and the same control scheme you are speaking of.

I don't need to prove anything to myself during the Trials runs I do. I do it for the competition that I play against and the people that play with me. It's the hardest game mode in the game and we excel at it which 97% of the player base doesn't. So yes... I gain some satisfaction out of that since we put the time and effort into it.

02-04-2017, 09:45 PM
(02-04-2017 08:09 PM)RearViewMirror Wrote:  
(02-04-2017 07:49 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  You keep using that word...

And you keep not understanding the game mode I'm talking about Wink And you still haven't answered my question?

No I understand the game mode you're talking about. You think you're the only that's gotten to the lighthouse? You don't understand multiplayer fps games.

[Image: oscar.png]
03-04-2017, 04:27 AM
[Image: D999B17E1602B1B9EC3E6D323C53830C3104D64A]

Bang bang

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post