What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-04-2017, 05:45 PM
RE: What are you playing?
Well hopefully I'll be playing the Steel Division Normandy 44 beta in a bit.
Also been playing some Shadowrun Hong Kong.

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-04-2017, 05:52 AM
My wife and dog are officially gone now until Sunday evening. I am taking a day off from work tomorrow. Going to spend a lot of time tonight playing Hellion. I am thinking of stripping the derelict ship of all the drive core power and initiating a distress call. Wait for help to arrive, exit out the cargo bay at the rear of the ship, and then steal theirs. Did I mention I will slip aboard theirs armed to the teeth? You know, just in case they have friends. I think there will be many a possibility to be a space pirate.
06-04-2017, 10:42 PM (This post was last modified: 06-04-2017 10:57 PM by EvolutionKills.)
How come I waited this long to try playing a Rogue in DA:Inquisition?

Probably because of three Rogue companions, the only two cool ones are both ranged fighters (Cole is very 'meh'). Seeing as how this is far from my first rodeo, and thanks to that Golden Nug that syncs up all of your unlocked schematics across different characters and saves, I had near instant access to high end daggers and appropriate armors (but still limited to Tier 1 materials such as Iron, no Dragonbone yet). Not only did that mean that I could make a matched pair of whatever blueprint I wanted, so that I never had to fear looking like an asymmetrical fool, but they're also not really daggers. They're a pair of kama-like axes called Barbarain Rock Crushers, and besides looking totally dope, they also (unlike most other dagger weapons) cause AOE damage, much like the Warrior two-handed weapons.

[Image: item_pack-02-rogue-p.jpg]

^ Image from the Rogue Pack DLC for DAII, just one of the addons that first showed off armor and weapons that would later be commonly seen in DA:I, including those kama-like twin axes. ^

But yeah, a melee Rogue will fucking wreck shit so long as the Warrior is doing their part to hold aggro. Made even more fun by the fact that, even if I get attention, I have a counter-strike move that negates damage and hits back twice as hard. It doesn't generate any Guard (an additional stack of bonus HP that sits above your regular HP as a protective barrier), unlike the Warrior riposte or shield block, but it works wonders if you have the timing for it. Once I get to Skyhold and unlock Arcanist Dagna (probably my favorite throwback to DA:O), I'll just make another set with Masterwork materials that allow me to generate Guard on Hit. Combine that with my already fast attacks, and the fact that those axes make AOE attacks that can hit multiple opponents, and I should be pretty fucking tanky for a Rogue.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
07-04-2017, 02:18 AM
Still on the ME:A; now with improved eyes. Wink

I'm probably going to spend the day drinking and playing multiplayer attempting to improve my "skill." Laugh out load

(06-04-2017 10:42 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  How come I waited this long to try playing a Rogue in DA:Inquisition?

'Cause you dumb. Tongue

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
07-04-2017, 02:37 AM
(07-04-2017 02:18 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Still on the ME:A; now with improved eyes. Wink

I'm probably going to spend the day drinking and playing multiplayer attempting to improve my "skill." Laugh out load

(06-04-2017 10:42 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  How come I waited this long to try playing a Rogue in DA:Inquisition?

'Cause you dumb. Tongue

In my defense, Cole is a ponce. Especially in comparison to DAII's dual-wielding rogue, Isabela.

[Image: tumblr_nckv5akqCY1si9n7to1_500.gif]

She is so much fun, especially with Varric and Merril (whom has pet nicknames from the other two, Kitten and Sunshine respectively).

[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
07-04-2017, 08:00 AM
[Image: i-am-setsuna-localized-titlecard.jpg]

If you like old school JRPGs this one is a blast to play.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
07-04-2017, 08:16 AM
Updated Vault of Glass in Destiny. Wiped 2 times before beating it. This is why I play the game. It's not perfect by any means but the people that I play with more than make up for it.

Bungie did a really good job updating this raid since this was always my favorite one in the game.

This was my perspective of the fight.

I get to decide what my life looks like, not the other way around.
07-04-2017, 10:37 AM
(07-04-2017 08:16 AM)RearViewMirror Wrote:  Updated Vault of Glass in Destiny. Wiped 2 times before beating it. This is why I play the game. It's not perfect by any means but the people that I play with more than make up for it.

Bungie did a really good job updating this raid since this was always my favorite one in the game.

Man, I've never really watched any Destiny gameplay until now, but wow. Master Chief hasn't gotten any faster since I played HALO 2, what was it, 12 years ago?

Post the DOOM reboot and Titanfall 2, watching Destiny feels like seeing the world through molasses. Undecided

07-04-2017, 10:41 AM
Just killed someone named Skak The Unkillable in Shadow of Mordor.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
07-04-2017, 10:51 AM
(07-04-2017 10:37 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(07-04-2017 08:16 AM)RearViewMirror Wrote:  Updated Vault of Glass in Destiny. Wiped 2 times before beating it. This is why I play the game. It's not perfect by any means but the people that I play with more than make up for it.

Man, I've never really watched any Destiny gameplay until now, but wow. Master Chief hasn't gotten any faster since I played HALO 2, what was it, 12 years ago?

Post the DOOM reboot and Titanfall 2, watching Destiny feels like seeing the world through molasses. Undecided

I realize your disdain for Destiny and so be it. If you don't like it... eh... don't really care. Again... It's the people I play with that make it fun.

Here's your Titanfall video. I forgot to start recording until about half way though the match. This is the one that got me to lvl 50

I get to decide what my life looks like, not the other way around.