What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-04-2017, 12:29 AM
RE: What are you playing?
Just brought Endless Space bundle (Endless Space and its expansion) for $1 on Steam, it was 96% off.
Don't know if it was a glitch or not, I suspect that it wasn't suppose to be that high or it wasn't suppose to be on the bundle but fuck it, can't turn my nose up at a 4X space game and its expansion for $1. Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
15-04-2017, 03:15 AM
(15-04-2017 12:29 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Just brought Endless Space bundle (Endless Space and its expansion) for $1 on Steam, it was 96% off.
Don't know if it was a glitch or not, I suspect that it wasn't suppose to be that high or it wasn't suppose to be on the bundle but fuck it, can't turn my nose up at a 4X space game and its expansion for $1. Big Grin

I read that the second one's coming out so that's why there's a fat ol' deal. Wink

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-04-2017, 09:56 AM
(15-04-2017 12:29 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Just brought Endless Space bundle (Endless Space and its expansion) for $1 on Steam, it was 96% off.

I just bought it too.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
15-04-2017, 10:24 AM
Its a great game. check out for mods, there are some good ones around. Currently i am playing ES2 alpha. Looking good.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
16-04-2017, 11:13 AM (This post was last modified: 16-04-2017 06:00 PM by GenesisNemesis.)
The Donkey Kong games for SNES. Might play some Zombies Ate My Neighbors as well.

17-04-2017, 09:06 AM
I played Fallout 4 again. Expected shenanigans ensued.

Such as...

Racially Insensitive Cait
[Image: 992707C20DDE08941B1A5B7B0843F98C6CBEEBC0]
Hovering cars
[Image: AAB97C989BE8A2F9362DB229083B69A31924A400]
And glitching slidey animations
[Image: D8DAD7ECF29393EF3A0B07F27A1274F7FA243787]
[Image: 6585975F13E92E072020E34CA3AD9BA1DC1F75DB]

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
21-04-2017, 05:27 AM
Playing some Crusader Kings 2.
After losing in 889 as Wessex because my family line died out I started again. This time I'm playing a lot smarter. When I played my last game and lost in 889 I had about 8 provinces.
It's 859 and I have 19, 7 of which I hold directly (the other 12 are held by vassal Counts, all of whom I put where they are so they all love me.). I also have made Kent (southern orange province), Sussex and Surrey (the two single province Petty Kingdoms to the west of Kent), Essex (the slightly larger Petty Kingdom to the north of Kent), East Anglia (the eastern Petty Kingdom) and Mercia (the central orange one above the word "wessex") my tributaries. They pay me money and provide troops if I call them up and in return I defend them (though, I'm the only one that would ever attack them so that's easy enough...). They're basically vassals. I'm the big pink Kingdom that says Wessex by the way.

I've secured the northern English borders in Northumbria. Pictland (Scotland) has got some weird fracturing going on but even if they were united they'd hardly be a match for me. My army is fucking huge, 5K troops, and is made up mostly of heavy infantry. The Picts are mostly light infantry and there too battered by constant in-fighting. So they're not a threat and now that I have secured the border they wont be pushing further south any time soon.

The Welsh have been stomped. I hold more Welsh land than the actual Welsh. There's 10 Welsh provinces and I hold 6 of them (Cornwall is counted as Welsh).
I could actually form the Kingdom of Wales (at the moment I'm a Petty Kingdom of Wessex which basically means I'm a Duke, but if I form the Kingdom of Wales I'll be considered a King) which would give me free claims on the rest of Wales and allow me to conquer them easily, but eh. I'm fine with them being tributaries for now.

And surprisingly Ireland hasn't done much of anything. Normally in the course of the game one Count comes out on top and dominates most of Ireland but not this time.
My interaction with them has been Kent trying to ally with a couple of them against me when I'm attacking Kent to make them a tributary. But I mean 300 light Irish troops ain't doing dick against 2,000 huscarls I'm telling you now.

So yea, it's going very very well for me. My characters have had great luck too. Haven't had a single one assassinated (well.. that I know of. "Natural causes" can sometimes mean something else...). They tend to grow old and have had the faith of their nobleman and people who haven't caused problems. Plus the council haven't been able to gain power and the King still holds complete authority over everything.

[Image: 20170421224643_1.jpg]

Meanwhile in the rest of Europe it looks like my success is not shared with the other European powers outside of Islam.

Spain is fully Islam and they're even pushing into Francia.
France is having another civil war. Burgundy isn't have much success either, being attacked internally and by the Muslims.
Middle Francia no longer exists. Bavaria is the dominate German power but they're also having a civil war.
The Russia states are being smashed by the nomads. Poland's been squeezed on both sides and is having a hard time finding a foothold.
Lombardia is now Italy but their southern borders are being squeezed by the Muslims and Byzantines. The Byzantines are doing very well though.
And the Vikings... oh boy.. Denmark hasn't become the dominate Viking state as it usually does, it got smashed actually. Probably why my coasts haven't been raided by many Vikings this game. They are very fractured.

So looks like I'm the only decent Christian power not completely sucking (the Vikings become Christian later so they're sorta Christian).
Hopefully I can use that when the Crusades start up and I can be the dominate Crusading nation and gain heaps of holy land for myself. Do Richard the Lionheart proud. Tongue

[Image: 20170421225020_1.jpg]
21-04-2017, 06:53 PM
So, the exiled Queen of Austurias (a Kingdom that was in Northern Spain before getting kicked out entirely by the Muslims. I believe historically it fractured and eventually was able to push out the Muslims and become several different Spanish Kingdoms until the Iberian wedding between the King of Castile and Queen of Aragon married and united the Kingdom into the Spain we know today. Or something like that.) decided she'd take up residence in Wales. Normally not an issue but if the European Christians held a Crusade against the Spanish Muslims she would gain back her lands which would become a problem, so I promptly smashed her back into exile.

[Image: 20170421233032_1.jpg]

Annnnd finally was able to push the last of the Picts out of England and form the Kingdom of England itself.
Yay. Sussex and Surrey fell inline and accepted my invitation to become my vassals. Mercia, Essex, East Anglia and Kent will take a little more.. aggressive.. convincing.
But I have valid claims on them now so it's a simple matter of crushing them and bringing them into the fold.

[Image: 20170422004131_1.jpg]

So, now I'll consolidate my power and smash the minor English Kingdoms. And once that's achieved I might look to forming the Empire of Britannia OR recreate the North Sea Empire except with an Anglo-Saxon King not a Danish one.
21-04-2017, 11:25 PM (This post was last modified: 21-04-2017 11:59 PM by earmuffs.)
So... my current character as a small child got cancer. At age 18 he beat it. He's now 38 and there was a consumption (tuberculous) AND slow fever (typhus) ravaging the land and the idiot managed to contract both... at the same time. He just fucking beat both. So not only has this cunt survived mother fucking cancer, countless battles one of which gave him a nasty wound which he survived but he beat not only tuberculous and typhus but tuberculous and typhus AT THE SAME FUCKING TIME!

If he dies of gout I'm gonna be pissed.

Edit: Oh great, he got the flu and the courts physicians answer to that was to chop off his hand. So now he's only got one hand, oh and he of course survived that too.
Suffice to say that the court doctor is now contemplating medicine inside of a oubliette.
22-04-2017, 11:47 PM (This post was last modified: 23-04-2017 12:36 AM by earmuffs.)
Well, he didn't die of gout so that's something.
He died at age 57 from a heart attack. He was known as "King Beorhtsige the fat" so I shouldn't really be surprised. I had a goal of having him consolidate his power over all of Wales and England and he managed to gain control of everything except 1 bloody province... One province is holding out and it belongs to some bloody Irish lord (was Lord of Essex but inherited lands in Ireland I usurped his duchy of Essex crown so he defaulted to a Irish title meaning his last province in England is now an "Irish" province.).

One spec of green in a sea of red...

[Image: 20170423172959_1.jpg]

Also this is from earlier. The Vikings decided that they wanted to conqueror England. Well, as an English King I wasn't having a bar of that.
They landed a grand army of 11,000 viking warriors on my shores. I managed to personally muster 4,000 and I got another 3,000 from my vassals. And some Christian lords offered their help so I got a few hundred from there. And than because it was the start of the Crusades several Christian military groups formed (Templar's, Hospitaller's organizations like that) I was able to get 4,000 holy knights to come to England to help fight against the pagan Vikings. So 13,000 Christian knights v 11,000 viking warriors. This was gonna be easy..

[Image: 20170422170751_1.jpg]

And yip, here's the aftermath report of the battle.

[Image: 20170422170911_1.jpg]

The units go, starting from the top going down, light infantry, pikemen, archers, heavy infantry, light cavalry, specialty troops (neither of us had any. They're usually horse archers for nomads or elephants for Indian nations) and heavy cavalry.

As you can see the Vikings were all lightly armored and made up most of light infantry. They also only had 40 light cavalry and no heavy cavalry. And they had no pikemen to stop my cavalry. My army's on the other hand were made up primarily of heavy infantry. Heavy English and Christian knights. Their much lighter troops didn't stand a chance against my combined archers, heavy knights and cavalry and that's pretty reflective in the amount of casualties they took. They were pretty easy to keep beating back once their main force had been crushed and I kicked them back to Sweden where they belong.

The Danes will not be ruling England this alternative time line thank you very much. The Anglo-Saxon's live on!

edit: Just caught and hanged Robin Hood and Marion. Filthy outlaws.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post