What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-04-2017, 09:54 AM
RE: What are you playing?
(25-04-2017 08:24 AM)Emma Wrote:  
(25-04-2017 05:09 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Still playing Zelda: Ocarina of Time, [with narration from my 7 year old daughter].

Just smashed the shadow temple, which was a lot easier/quicker than I remember, so now only the spirit temple/finale to do. I'm going to try and 100% the thing as well, so all Gold Skulata's/heart pieaces/upgrades/etc, so I might be hear for a long time lol.

Such a classic game! Big Grin 100%- wow, I never had the dedication to 100% any game. Especially not one with collectibles to search for.

Currently I'm playing Final Fantasy XIV, Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Subnautica, and Overwatch still.

My wife and I are having fun with FF XIV, it's nice getting back into an MMO again. Our first try we found it to be boring. But this time we're having more fun with it. I'm really enjoying spending the time with her and playing cooperatively with her. I've working on a scholar and she's doing a bard. We're only level 35-ish right now, so we have a ways to go. But it's been fun!

I'm not super far in Breath of the Wild. I've just got to the Gerudo Desert, and am trying to raise 650 rupies to get some girl clothes for Link so I can get into Gerudo Town. They should have just made Link a girl for this one. But at least I'll get to run around in a crop-top and silk pants for a while. Angel

In Subnautica, I've just built a Sea Moth, but I can't figure out how to build larger rooms in my base. I can seem to only make tube hallways... which makes for a very limited base. Plus silver for wiring is super hard to find. Sad

And in Overwatch, they have an event going on focused around PvE, which is actually really fun. It's Tracer's first mission. Love it.

I've only ever 100% Arkham Asylum, so thought I'd so Ocarina of time as I'm pretty much breezing through it, when I get chance to play it.

I do like the look of Breath of the Wild, I just can't be fussed getting a new console to play it (Switch or otherwise), as I'd probably never play anything else on it lol.

Having problems with your computer? Visit the Free Tech Support thread for help!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
25-04-2017, 09:01 PM
Ok, quick update because a lot has happened.

So I was about to snipe some land out from under Abyssinia. Abyssinia attacked Shirazid and while the two nations smashed each others armies (who were both larger than mine) I declared war at the opportune moment and was able to acquire all of Shirazid which in turn allowed me to easily take Berbera. I created the Berbera duchy and made it my main title (which is why Shewa no longer exists. I'm Berbera now.).

Unfortunately Abyssinia took all the Ethiopian minors and became rather powerful. Luckily I had a duchy claim (I held a duchy and they held land that was part of that duchy which allows me to attack them to get that land) on some of their land. They were attacked and smashed by Abbasid and as they were getting wrecked I attacked and snagged some land from them.

I tried multiple times to expand into Yemen but Abbasid (note: Abbasid basically expands most of the middle east. Egypt, Syria, Iraq, SA, Israel and the several smaller countries around those areas.) kept defending them against me, the Christian invader. And then they attacked the nation that was in Yemen and took their lands for themselves. ><

I was able to form the Kingdom of Berbera though (if you hold 3 duchy titles and fulfill a number of other requirements, money and prestige, you can form a Kingdom based on the duchy title you primarily hold.). But I'm in a pretty shitty situation. Abyssinia is like double my strength and has Alodia as an ally. Abbasid basically holds all Muslim lands around me and they can muster 14,000 troops (compared to my 700). They have a bunch of rebelling dukes (or the Muslim equivalent to that title) but I'm not sure this is the civil war that rips them apart. That's going to be my only hope is that Abbasid completely collapses and I'm able to take over Abyssinia.

My issue is that I adopted feudalism. Before I was considered a "tribe" which means I had lots of weak light infantry troops. When I adopted feudalism I got better armed heavy infantry BUT half the amount. So my army doesn't even break 1,000 men right now until I build up. It'll be better long term but it's really hurting me right now. I wished I hadn't adopted feudalism so soon. But you live you learn.

[Image: 20170425175228_1.jpg]

[Image: oscar.png]
25-04-2017, 09:18 PM (This post was last modified: 25-04-2017 09:23 PM by earmuffs.)

Well... fuck... when 6,000 angry Muslims cross your border it's safe to say that's the point you know you're well and truly fucked.
I think a better game strategy would have been to swear loyalty to Abyssinia and become a vassal under their King. Sure I wouldn't be independent but I would have been a major vassal and instead of fight amongst ourselves we could have remained strong and put up a better fight against the Muslims until their Caliphate collapsed. Then I could have made my move and overthrown the Abyssinia King. Oh well.

[Image: 20170426151656_1.jpg]

I mean I got to keep a province so I've been reduced to a count but still.. it's game over.
So, new game. Again... again.

Any suggestions as to where to start next?
Maybe somewhere a little safer perhaps?

[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
26-04-2017, 10:32 AM
(25-04-2017 09:54 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  
(25-04-2017 08:24 AM)Emma Wrote:  Such a classic game! Big Grin 100%- wow, I never had the dedication to 100% any game. Especially not one with collectibles to search for.

Currently I'm playing Final Fantasy XIV, Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Subnautica, and Overwatch still.

My wife and I are having fun with FF XIV, it's nice getting back into an MMO again. Our first try we found it to be boring. But this time we're having more fun with it. I'm really enjoying spending the time with her and playing cooperatively with her. I've working on a scholar and she's doing a bard. We're only level 35-ish right now, so we have a ways to go. But it's been fun!

I'm not super far in Breath of the Wild. I've just got to the Gerudo Desert, and am trying to raise 650 rupies to get some girl clothes for Link so I can get into Gerudo Town. They should have just made Link a girl for this one. But at least I'll get to run around in a crop-top and silk pants for a while. Angel

In Subnautica, I've just built a Sea Moth, but I can't figure out how to build larger rooms in my base. I can seem to only make tube hallways... which makes for a very limited base. Plus silver for wiring is super hard to find. Sad

And in Overwatch, they have an event going on focused around PvE, which is actually really fun. It's Tracer's first mission. Love it.

I've only ever 100% Arkham Asylum, so thought I'd so Ocarina of time as I'm pretty much breezing through it, when I get chance to play it.

I do like the look of Breath of the Wild, I just can't be fussed getting a new console to play it (Switch or otherwise), as I'd probably never play anything else on it lol.

BOTW is a great game so far. My only complaints so far are that the world sometimes feels a bit empty, and the music is super ambient to the point that there mostly is none. So you are running through a quiet world with not a lot of enemies. On top of that, weapons break like they are made of balsa wood.

Otherwise, it's a beautiful game with great mechanics so far.
26-04-2017, 08:06 PM
@Free Thought, there was a new DLC mid-sized expansion for HoI4 announced today.

28-04-2017, 02:42 AM
I saw. I have hope it'll be good.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
28-04-2017, 03:54 AM
So ME:A starts a 7 and ends a 9. Somebody should have stopped them and said something. It has NG+ so it seems the way to play is blow by everything because everything sucks until it doesn't and the sooner one gets to the 9 area the further the 7 area is away. One shouldn't linger. Somebody should've said something.

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-04-2017, 03:01 PM
Just bought Halo Wars Definitive Edition

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
29-04-2017, 12:30 PM
NG+ ME:A.

That's all like gamer speak and shit. If you're a ME fan Thumbsup if not buy it on sale and speed to NG+

But being a 9 on the ME fan scale, the hundred fifteen I've spent is a drop in the bucket. It's way more fun now.

living word
01-05-2017, 07:19 AM
I had to alter my multiplayer mindset from "consider the team" to "quick bronze until I don't suck" and suddenly MP is fun. Funny how a simple change produces noticeable progress.

living word