What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-07-2017, 04:53 AM
RE: What are you playing?
(03-07-2017 05:25 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  

The question is though, is it worth $15USD just to unlock the Necromancer?

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-07-2017, 05:10 AM
I went all out and splashed out the cash for me to enjoy XCOM 2, and new 360 controller so I can play Dark Souls again, and Dark Souls 3's DLC

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
04-07-2017, 06:14 AM
I played DIII from day onen util paragon lvl 150 or so. Demon Hunter and Monk.
It was pretty one dimensional after a while. Only one build was really viable for high end content, and with each patch they changed which build it is.

Similar with itemisation. Most sets or even legendaries were crap. 99,99% of yellow stuff was utter crap. Endless farming for some really, really rare legendaries (sets were really useless if you had a closer look), then the desaster with real money auction house and impossible difficulty settings. It almost was like POTUS45. utter crap with constant promise of "awesome stuff" around the corner, and instead it was just another flavour of the same shite. Weeping

Too bad, since i liked the gfx and playstyle in general.
If they ever remaster DII i am all in. Thumbsup

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
04-07-2017, 07:51 AM
There's our problem. Witch Doctor is where it's at. Best class in the game.

04-07-2017, 08:20 AM
(04-07-2017 04:53 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  

Well, by unlocking Necromancer you get another playthrough, possibly more than one so for people earning in USD (or Euros as price is the same) I would say price isn't so high.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
04-07-2017, 02:45 PM
I am playing the Game of the Year version of DISHONORED. It is such an addictive game. I often find myself turning it on just to walk through the streets. I beat the game several times and yet keep coming back to it.

Here is the thing about potential...You either use your gift or your gift uses you. You are either a rocket or a bomb.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-07-2017, 04:04 AM
(04-07-2017 04:53 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  

Honestly, as a value proposition? Nope. On PC at least, the entire Reaper of Souls expansion, which is an entire extra campaign Act plus the Crusader class, sits comfortable at $20 when not on sale.

But if you want a new character, with 6 new item sets? Plus those 2 extra stash tabs?

This is really aimed at the dedicated seasonal player, or people for whom $15 isn't the biggest ask and isn't going to hedge on the purchase because it's not a more reasonable $10.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
06-07-2017, 04:23 AM (This post was last modified: 06-07-2017 09:58 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(04-07-2017 06:14 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  I played DIII from day onen util paragon lvl 150 or so. Demon Hunter and Monk.
It was pretty one dimensional after a while. Only one build was really viable for high end content, and with each patch they changed which build it is.

Similar with itemisation. Most sets or even legendaries were crap. 99,99% of yellow stuff was utter crap. Endless farming for some really, really rare legendaries (sets were really useless if you had a closer look), then the desaster with real money auction house and impossible difficulty settings. It almost was like POTUS45. utter crap with constant promise of "awesome stuff" around the corner, and instead it was just another flavour of the same shite. Weeping

Too bad, since i liked the gfx and playstyle in general.
If they ever remaster DII i am all in. Thumbsup

New Season (#11) starts July 20th, and if you follow the 'Season Journey' (a series of achievement based objectives), you can unlock an entire equipment set for a character. Last time I played a season was #6, and I came out with one of the whole Crusader sets. While I like the Necromancer, I know that playing co-op, everybody is going to be playing that. Looking at my current stable of Lv70 heroes, I think I'm going to do a Monk. The Barbarian, while I like it, is really behind in power in comparison. I don't know if I just have really shit drops, but even on Master difficulty, my Monk breezes through what my Barbarian struggles with. The Wizard too I like, but was also falling behind the Monk and Necromancer in damage and survivability. Crusader is out, as I've already done that once before (but still probably my favorite). Never got Demon Hunter past Lv40, or a Witch Doctor past Lv10.

Right now my Monk build is all frost abilities, most all of which can Freeze. The Frostburn legendary gauntlets (+20% cold damage) combined with the passive skill Relentless Assault (+20% damage when enemy is Frozen/Stunned/Blind), and the Sweeping Wind defensive ability with the Master of Wind rune (Freezes enemies within 10 yards in contact with the wind after 2 seconds, also 105~315% damage per second). Everything else is built to supplement those two aspects, either by doing cold damage or by causing Freeze, Stun, or Blind. I'm just a big ol' tornado of freezing death.

I'm currently just over 200 Paragon myself (219-ish I think).

If you're interested in more, here's Blizzard's own Blog post about the upcoming season.

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/2084516...1-7-5-2017

Including the available class sets that you can unlock with the Season Journey.

[Image: YAWMFSI4W4BJ1499119165905.jpg]

Barbarian – Wrath of the Wastes
Crusader – Roland’s Legacy
Demon Hunter – Unhallowed Essence
Monk – Raiment of a Thousand Storms
Necromancer – Bones of Rathma
Witch Doctor – Helltooth Harness
Wizard – Tal Rasha’s Elements

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
06-07-2017, 09:14 AM
(06-07-2017 04:04 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(04-07-2017 04:53 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  The question is though, is it worth $15USD just to unlock the Necromancer?

Honestly, as a value proposition? Nope. On PC at least, the entire Reaper of Souls expansion, which is an entire extra campaign Act plus the Crusader class, sits comfortable at $20 when not on sale.

But if you want a new character, with 6 new item sets? Plus those 2 extra stash tabs?

This is really aimed at the dedicated seasonal player, or people for whom $15 isn't the biggest ask and isn't going to hedge on the purchase because it's not a more reasonable $10.

Ehhh pass.
I mean I played through the game a bunch on the xbox one version. Every character to max level and Witch Doctor twice (one on normal, one on HC).

I'm contempt focusing on my Witch Doctor and only my WD on PC.
I do have the blizzard funds, I got $20 in blizzard funds (the wow gold exchange to wow tokens exchange to blizzard dollars brought me the D3 expansion for PC with $20 spare.) but I think I'd rather spend that on WoW subscription when I feel like playing that again for a couple weeks in a years time or so (I usually end up playing wow once a year for a couple weeks before remembering why I stopped playing) or D2.

I'm like 70 something paragon by the way. Don't play much though.
Might have to give the next season a crack though, when does it start?

06-07-2017, 09:23 AM
Xcom 2 is exactly the harsh mistress I've been in the mood for lately .

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post