What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-07-2017, 09:51 AM
RE: What are you playing?
(06-07-2017 09:23 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Xcom 2 is exactly the harsh mistress I've been in the mood for lately .

I wanna play it, but I don't wanna fork out literally $100NZD ($73USD) for it and I'm not sure it'll even work on my PC. So I'm contempt with the first one for now.

Is it much of an improvement on the first one or more of the same (not a bad thing) with just more story?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-07-2017, 09:57 AM
(06-07-2017 09:14 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Might have to give the next season a crack though, when does it start?

Thursday, July 20th.

(06-07-2017 04:23 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  New Season (#11) starts July 20th...

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
06-07-2017, 10:03 AM
Ya know, I did read that you wrote that too but it went in one eyeball and out the other.
I should really stop skimming over your posts at 4am and read them more thoroughly.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
06-07-2017, 10:09 AM
(06-07-2017 09:51 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(06-07-2017 09:23 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Xcom 2 is exactly the harsh mistress I've been in the mood for lately .

I wanna play it, but I don't wanna fork out literally $100NZD ($73USD) for it and I'm not sure it'll even work on my PC. So I'm contempt with the first one for now.

Is it much of an improvement on the first one or more of the same (not a bad thing) with just more story?

It is harder, I find. Resource and time management are more important than in Enemy Unknown. They added a bunch of little changes that I think improve combat, especially the Concealment mechanic. Just watch out for te Ruler-class enemies. That's some bullshit right there.

Itthe game was on sale by a big margin.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
06-07-2017, 10:10 AM
(06-07-2017 09:51 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  

It is harder, I find. Resource and time management are more important than in Enemy Unknown. They added a bunch of little changes that I think improve combat, especially the Concealment mechanic. Just watch out for te Ruler-class enemies. That's some bullshit right there.

The game was on sale by a big margin.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
06-07-2017, 10:12 AM
Cool, I do enjoy a challenge. And yea I do often see it on sale, usually like 50% off or something. Tempted every time but the cheapness in me wins out every time. Tongue
140 games on steam and the most expensive one cost me $50 (Rome 2 Total War). Yet I happily sit next to a big pile of xbox games that probably cost me like $80NZD each. ><
07-07-2017, 12:59 AM
Oh, hey, Bioware's ANTHEM on Playstation.

Except, it's not. Well, not this footage at least. This is the Xbox One X footage, with editing in post to overlay Playstaion buttons on screen.

Dafuq Sony, that is shady as all hell. That's not an 'oops, we didn't notice' sort of mistake. Video editing button overlays takes a bit of work.

PlayStation YouTube hosts Xbox One X Anthem footage with Photoshopped buttons @ Euro Gamer

[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
07-07-2017, 03:44 AM
LOL!
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
09-07-2017, 09:51 PM
Wanted to do the flatmate a solid, so I got him a copy of Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls for the PS4 after he appeared interested in watching me play the PC version, and he's been enjoying it. Now I am probably going to pick up my own PS4 controller so we can play couch co-op, now that SONY has also released PC driver support for them. Should be a fun Sunday ritual.

10-07-2017, 05:08 PM
(07-07-2017 03:44 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  LOL!
Let's play that together some time!

I play mostly League of Legends and Minecraft lately. Some other stuff to but yea.
Today I won three ranked games. I'm on fire, baby! omgomgomg I am burning. Put me out!!

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
[+] 1 user Likes Leerob's post