What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-08-2017, 05:11 PM
RE: What are you playing?
On the hardest part of Lost Odyssey. The Arthrosaurus battles.

[Image: nooooo.gif]

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-08-2017, 06:25 PM
Rome Total War again; had an epic fight with Egypt, then the game crashed.

One of the vast armies of the Scipii were in Libya in the middle of a withdrawal from besieging Cyrene, having broken from the town after receiving word of massive Egyptian reinforcements heading for them not two turns travel.

Just off the coast, the Legion established a fortified camp in hopes of defending themselves until another Legion could arrive to reinforce the Egyptian front. Soon they were themselves besieged. One Egyptian army had managed to catch up to them and surrounded the camp. The Legion had but one choice; sally out and try to beat the Egyptians back.

But this... this would be no easy task; the Hastati and Principes of the Legion were ill-fit to fighting the Egyptian phalanxes. The Romans attempted to goad the Egyptians into attacking the fort itself by destroying a walls with their own ballistae, hoping to draw them in to tight fighting and directly into their own phalanxmen. But the Pharaoh's hounds refused to bite. The next tactic proved successful, however.

Using their slingers from the Balearics, they drew in one or two phalanxes at a time away from the main body, who would be mowed down by slings and javelins. In addition to this, light cavalry enacted daring lightening strikes on enemy slingers and archers, despite their being well protected. After inflicting considerable casualties with relatively few Roman losses (light cavalry aside), the Egyptian force bolted from the field, pursued by the general and his remaining cavalry detachments. In their pursuit of the withdrawing Egyptians, the casualties suffered by among the cavalry were... profound... Almost half the small force were killed in the resistance of the fleeing phalanxes.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
02-08-2017, 04:28 PM
(01-08-2017 05:11 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  On the hardest part of Lost Odyssey. The Arthrosaurus battles.

[Image: nooooo.gif]

I finally beat it!

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
04-08-2017, 03:21 AM
My god... I haven't played a single strategy game in like 2-3 months... :O

[Image: oscar.png]
23-08-2017, 07:33 AM
Currently, I play small games. I am working and practically have no time for long games like Doom or GTA. When I have a break at work I play fruit ninja or angry birds on http://www.friv5online.com/ . A great way to kill time + relieves stress.
23-08-2017, 12:52 PM
Currently I'm playing some computer naval wargames like Command MANO, Dangerous Waters, Naval War Arctic Circle, Fleet Command, Cold Waters but I'm not impressed as most are buggy and glitchy or poorly designed.
31-08-2017, 09:10 PM
(04-08-2017 03:21 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  My god... I haven't played a single strategy game in like 2-3 months... :O

While I've been binging StarCraft 1 & 2. Indeed, these are the end times...

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
31-08-2017, 09:23 PM
(23-08-2017 07:33 AM)MuntyJay Wrote:  Currently, I play small games. I am working and practically have no time for long games like Doom or GTA. When I have a break at work I play fruit ninja or angry birds on http://www.friv5online.com/ . A great way to kill time + relieves stress.

Also, heads up, that website I can almost guarantee you is hosting those games illegally. If they are doing that, and not charging you up front, be extremely careful. They need to monetize their bandwidth usage somehow, and if they're giving free access to premium games (like Plants VS Zombies), then they need alternative revenue. Whether that's all ads (I have ad blocker) or something more invasive like malware, I cannot say.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
01-09-2017, 02:06 AM
It was my birthday recently, and the Mrs bought me an Xbox One S (after my Xbox One died a death via small explosion a few months back), so all my stuff has downloaded again, and I'm playing away!

Currently playing: Tomb Raider (the reboot) , and it is VERY good Smile

Side note: if anybody has any short trials for Gold or EA access (or both) please hit me up on PM, as I'm very piss poor at the moment and am using all sorts of trial codes to get me through haha.

"Whatever you say, Stone Cold Steve Austin." - Rick
01-09-2017, 02:16 AM
I would love to be playing Xcom 2: War of the Chosen buuuut I'm too poor.

When's the next sale again?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.