What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-09-2017, 08:18 AM
RE: What are you playing?
(27-09-2017 08:07 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
[Image: header.jpg?t=1506445204]

[Image: hob-screen-05-ps4-us-16aug16?$MediaCarousel_Original$]

Hob is a really cool action 3D platformer. Gorgeous game with some light puzzles and fast combat. Only $20 US on steam well worth a look.

From the same team that brought you Torchlight I & II.

[Image: torchlight_2_aicon_by_griddark-d5fj057.png]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-09-2017, 08:33 PM
(27-09-2017 07:24 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(27-09-2017 05:47 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Who are you playing and at what starting date? Just curious.

Irish tribe suggested to start playing around with. 760AD

Good yea, Ireland is nicknamed "tutorial island". Catholic, lots of OPM (one province minors) and England and Scotland are mostly infighting or fighting each other.

Just a heads up though about going to war though.
Because you're a "tribe" and not a feudal lord you will be crushed in battle by feudal lords (the ones that have castles instead of 'tribes'). Even like 5-1. It's because you only have light troops and archers and they'll have heavy infantry and cavalry. They'll also probably have higher tech than you.

The other thing to look out for is when fighting other 'tribes'.
Tribes have a unique ability to 'call up the tribesmen' and can spend 500 prestige to call up like 3,000 troops. They're all light infantry/archers so they'll still get crushed by like 1,500 troops from a feudal lord with heavy infantry and stuff, but it's great to crush the other tribes in Ireland and Wales.

BUT remember, your enemies have this as well. So before you declare war on someone, check their character page. You can see how many troops they can call up and you can see how much prestige they have. If they're a 'tribe' and they have 500 prestige (or more obviously) they WILL call up the tribesmen. And any allies they have in the war WILL do the same.

So just be careful of that, and if you're confused as to why your enemies suddenly have 3,000 troops out of nowhere, that's why.

So only attack someone with more than 500 prestige when you can also call up the tribesmen. Or just wait till they drop below 500. It's also not a silly idea to always be hovering around the 500 mark just in case you're attacked. Especially if your regular levies are running low from previous wars or disease.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
28-09-2017, 03:20 AM
Well, that escalated quickly. Turns out Eb is kinky as hell. At least, according to this random encounter...

[Image: polina-hristova-eb.jpg?1502825804]

[Image: 8C66EE1FDBA2D65833B3BD1FAA9015AE3F780698]

[Image: E038B9FE0F7B7094087B9BD2F06561C1F6D88B2A]

[Image: B312300A224E4217C4F3973C0DB822CA557B80B7]

[Image: 1C19EE5D6F91598A43BC8188F8400C86E9ACBEF4]

[Image: D8A2D69DE3CC71BE0091A3B4B38B8A465CA352C7]

Obsidian manged with just a few lines of text to out-kink Bioware, while also dodging the specter of the uncanny valley. Bravo guys and gals, bravo.

28-09-2017, 07:37 AM
That being said, Eb and Sirin are both quickly becoming some of my All Time Favorite RPG companions.

28-09-2017, 07:42 AM
That game did a lot of things very well, and companions was very much one of them.
I remember before it came out and they were showing off parts of the game (giving me serious video game blue balls) one of the big critics people were having was that there was no create a companion option. But I'm so glad they didn't add it in like most other party based RPGs like Tyranny. When you create a standard character like that you miss out of the interaction between personalities and their stories and stuff.

Divinity Original Sin 2 added the option to play as one of the characters (you can either create a generic character or play one of the 6? characters that are in the game that you can pick up in your party as you progress). I'm glad I picked an actual character. You can change their class and everything, but you just get the added bonus of side quests and story and special interaction options etc..

I've talked about this with my flatmate a lot too. Games that have a generic character that never talks or anything, it takes away from the story.
28-09-2017, 09:23 AM
Destiny 2 and Cities:Skylines.

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-09-2017, 10:23 AM
(28-09-2017 07:42 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  That game did a lot of things very well, and companions was very much one of them.
I remember before it came out and they were showing off parts of the game (giving me serious video game blue balls) one of the big critics people were having was that there was no create a companion option. But I'm so glad they didn't add it in like most other party based RPGs like Tyranny. When you create a standard character like that you miss out of the interaction between personalities and their stories and stuff.

Divinity Original Sin 2 added the option to play as one of the characters (you can either create a generic character or play one of the 6? characters that are in the game that you can pick up in your party as you progress). I'm glad I picked an actual character. You can change their class and everything, but you just get the added bonus of side quests and story and special interaction options etc..

I've talked about this with my flatmate a lot too. Games that have a generic character that never talks or anything, it takes away from the story.

I just got to stab Barik in the side with a red-hot iron, and I did it in the name of science! Well, actually I did it in the name of the arcane (ask the Forge-Bound), but 'science' is still my favorite verb. It was hilarious to hear him lose his cool and cuss up a storm, because he was not expecting that at all.

Also, those short little random encounters are quickly becoming one of my favorite things. Each one of them is a mini choose-your-own-adventure tale, each being affected by your actions in the words and who you have with you. Running into a bad storm that knocked out a bridge over a river would seem to be a real deal breaker when you have to account for Barik's not terribly buoyant situation, unless you also have Eb with you and she makes a makeshift bridge of ice to cross the river.

[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
28-09-2017, 02:06 PM
Recently redownloaded Mario Kart 8. I suck. I suck so bad. What is even drifting.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
28-09-2017, 02:59 PM
Folks,

Halo 5. What a pleasure!!

When it comes to fps games I go for gameplay every time and Halo 5 is similar and better than the earlier franchise. It has a feeling of Reach combined with Combat Evolved. Perfect.

D.
28-09-2017, 03:37 PM
Cuphead launches tomorrow. Already locked and loaded in my library, just need to download it when it's ready. I am so excited.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze