What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-10-2017, 06:03 AM
RE: What are you playing?
Quote:But you're all buying the games themselves. None of you are boycotting the games by not buying them.

I don't buy shit. The last 'AAA' game I bought was Dishonored 2.

Quote:By simply purchasing the title, even if you don't buy the microtransations, you're giving tacit approval to the content in the game. By buying Destiny 2, you are telling Activision that you are okay with the game's microtransations, that their inclusion was not in-and-of-itself enough to deter you from the purchase.

So yeah, I doubt it's just the 'filthy casuals' that are the problem here.

But if nobody brought the microtransactions or lootboxes or whatever they wouldn't bother doing it or ramping up the bullshit.
I'd say it's a good message that if people who bought your game aren't buying your microtransaction bullshit than it's not wanted. But people are buying it and so they keep putting it in games.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-10-2017, 07:22 AM
Sims 4 was 50% so I am playing that.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
14-10-2017, 07:43 AM
(13-10-2017 10:03 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(13-10-2017 09:47 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  Well yeah but you still have to right click the icon and all that lol. With this if I am browsing the internet and I decide, hey I wanna play Cuphead, I can just hit Control + a Numpad Number and bam, it's running. Don't have to bring up steam or anything.

It's this

compared to this

Right, so you're saving a few seconds at most. But you still had to create the program, setup the shortcuts, and if you get bored of any of those 10 you will have to alter the shortcuts again. Whereas Steam just automatically generates a list of the last 5 launched titles. I tend to binge games, so always having a list of the previous 5 on hand that doesn't need any additional setup on my part, is just way more convenient for me. Your way just seems lot a lot of additional work and setup for an incredibly small return on time invested/saved.

Plus, for not liking desktop clutter, you have about 5 times the amount of icons on yours as I do mine. Tongue

Yeah seems like a rube goldberg device, besides this is what a clean desktop looks like.

[Image: fc08cb21ff4680b6d9dd2855df622a5f.jpg]

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
14-10-2017, 10:43 AM
(14-10-2017 06:03 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(14-10-2017 01:21 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  So yeah, I doubt it's just the 'filthy casuals' that are the problem here.

But if nobody brought the microtransactions or lootboxes or whatever they wouldn't bother doing it or ramping up the bullshit.
I'd say it's a good message that if people who bought your game aren't buying your microtransaction bullshit than it's not wanted. But people are buying it and so they keep putting it in games.

Yet, even when content is being carved up, hidden behind additional paywalls, or being released utterly unfinished; the core 'gamer' audience still laps it up. The so called 'hardcore-gamer' base has been tacitly approving these practices by refusing to actually speak with their wallets and refuse the buy the next-best-thing. Shadow of War has hidden away 2 of the 5 total orc warbands behind the higher tier editions of the game, and that game is still going to be a smash commercial success, because even this level of egregious bullshit isn't enough to stop people from buying the game (core, casual, or otherwise).

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
14-10-2017, 10:51 AM (This post was last modified: 14-10-2017 09:26 PM by EvolutionKills.)
(14-10-2017 07:43 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(13-10-2017 10:03 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Right, so you're saving a few seconds at most. But you still had to create the program, setup the shortcuts, and if you get bored of any of those 10 you will have to alter the shortcuts again. Whereas Steam just automatically generates a list of the last 5 launched titles. I tend to binge games, so always having a list of the previous 5 on hand that doesn't need any additional setup on my part, is just way more convenient for me. Your way just seems lot a lot of additional work and setup for an incredibly small return on time invested/saved.

Plus, for not liking desktop clutter, you have about 5 times the amount of icons on yours as I do mine. Tongue

Yeah seems like a rube goldberg device, besides this is what a clean desktop looks like.

[Image: fc08cb21ff4680b6d9dd2855df622a5f.jpg]

Same, my 3 shortcuts are for 2 GOG games (Neverwinter Nights 2 Complete & The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind) and a modified launcher for the Steam version of Final Fantasy VIII that supports a sound mod that replaces the PC version's awful MIDI tracks with the fully orchestrated original Playstation audio. Most everything else easily fits in the quick start menu, like all of my game launchers (Steam, Origins, BattleNet, uPlay) and the Windows Store copy of Forza Horizon 3.

[Image: 0QX8KOO.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
14-10-2017, 05:27 PM
We got a SNES classic!!!!!!!!!! So we playin old school. Earthbound, Super Mario Kart, Super Metriod and tons more. We were at Wal-mart to get some pictures printed up and while we were waiting we went over to the Video Game section and it was in the case. Really did not expect to get one when we missed the pre-order.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
14-10-2017, 06:25 PM
I have literally 2 spare spaces on my desktop. The rest is taken up my non-steam games and songs I've downloaded and was planning on organizing into subfolders inside my music folder but never got around to it.
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
14-10-2017, 11:28 PM (This post was last modified: 14-10-2017 11:31 PM by WhiskeyDebates.)
(14-10-2017 06:25 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I have literally 2 spare spaces on my desktop. The rest is taken up my non-steam games and songs I've downloaded and was planning on organizing into subfolders inside my music folder but never got around to it.

That physically hurts me 'Muffs lol

Then again I made sure my desktop wallpaper matched my bedrooms colour palate and interior design so maybe I'm the fuckin' lunatic lol

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
14-10-2017, 11:48 PM
(14-10-2017 11:28 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(14-10-2017 06:25 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I have literally 2 spare spaces on my desktop. The rest is taken up my non-steam games and songs I've downloaded and was planning on organizing into subfolders inside my music folder but never got around to it.

That physically hurts me 'Muffs lol

Then again I made sure my desktop wallpaper matched my bedrooms colour palate and interior design so maybe I'm the fuckin' lunatic lol

Tongue
My wallpaper changes every hour too. All different colours, from light grey to bright red.

Also, Warhammer TW2, I can get behind this it's pretty legit fun.
I might even actually buy it when it's not $99. Though they're doing what they did with Rome 2 TW which kinda annoys me, having few factions at the start and I assume they'll add the rest in slowly via paid dlc.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
14-10-2017, 11:57 PM
(14-10-2017 11:48 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(14-10-2017 11:28 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  That physically hurts me 'Muffs lol

Tongue
My wallpaper changes every hour too. All different colours, from light grey to bright red.
Every piece of art in my room, all the furniture, everything is monochromatic black and white with a splash of red and my wallpaper is too lol

(14-10-2017 11:48 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Also, Warhammer TW2, I can get behind this it's pretty legit fun.
I might even actually buy it when it's not $99. Though they're doing what they did with Rome 2 TW which kinda annoys me, having few factions at the start and I assume they'll add the rest in slowly via paid dlc.
Some of it's paid some of it's not, the last one had at least 1 free race added by the end but it's generally good value for money especially if you're a fan of the IP and I'm a fanatic when it comes to Warhammer Fantasy. The Dark Elves are my jam, have always been my favourite race in my favourite Fantasy IP so I am loooooving the game, it's fucking amazingly fun.

Heh, it's actually why I'm barely posting here, between my job and the game it's eating all my time but I've been waiting to play my Dark Elves for a long long time haha

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.