What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-11-2017, 02:11 AM
RE: What are you playing?
I just recently stumbled across Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer, and I fell in love. I thought it was a digital only card game at first, but then found out it's based on a physical card game. I'm getting the latter for my friend for Christmas!

The base game is free to play on iPad etc, and you don't need to buy anything else to have an amazing experience. There are expansion packs, but they are purely optional. It's a highly original game, based around drafting a deck from the ground up while using the deck at the same time. It's very strategic, and it's not a game where an experienced player turns up with better cards than you, because you both start with the same 10 basic cards each time. The rest of the cards get put into the centre for you both to try and buy/defeat.

Highly recommended to anyone who likes card games. Online play is free too, I'm robvalue there and always looking for games! It's 2-4 player, but I generally prefer just 2. You can play against the AI, which is pretty good and enough of a challenge to help you learn the ropes.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-11-2017, 06:43 AM
(28-10-2017 08:21 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(27-10-2017 07:35 AM)BikerDude Wrote:  Has anyone checked out Star Citizen yet?
It's still alpha.

No, but I have been perversely enjoying the little bit of news I do catch of it. Most of which points to the project being crushed by the massive feature creep fueled by it's own fundraising success.

If it succeeds there is no feature creep.
Only greatness.
I remain confident since it's being helmed by people with a history of successes.

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
Find all posts by this user
02-11-2017, 08:07 AM
So yeah Nintendo makes really good 1st party games, shocking no one. Mario Odyssey is the best Mario Game since Mario 64. We got Mario Cart 8 Deluxe last night and the whole family had a blast racing and battling. Legend of Zelda is breathtaking (pun intended, suck it) and the system itself feels like the culmination of everything Nintendo has been trying to do since the Nintendo 64. The buy-in for the system is high but well worth it.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
02-11-2017, 11:03 AM
(02-11-2017 06:43 AM)BikerDude Wrote:  
(28-10-2017 08:21 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  No, but I have been perversely enjoying the little bit of news I do catch of it. Most of which points to the project being crushed by the massive feature creep fueled by it's own fundraising success.

If it succeeds there is no feature creep.
Only greatness.
I remain confident since it's being helmed by people with a history of successes.

I hope so, I really do. Nobody ever wants a game to be bad, least of all me. But I've seen enough crowd funded projects similarly fizzle out. Hell, I've seen this happen to de facto major titles with real publisher backing. So while I hope for the best, I expect the worst; that way I can only be pleasantly surprised so long as it's not a total disaster. I will remain highly skeptical until it actually comes out, then we'll see how well it stacks up to hype and expectation (Duke Nukem Forever sends it's best regards).

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
03-11-2017, 04:22 AM
Well, I had to get into the guts of the beast. Replaced the PSU with a new unit, and dropped down to a single GPU. System was randomly crashing under load (regardless of GPU configuration), and it wasn't heat failure. RAM integrity checked out, and overclocks on the CPU and GPU's had already been burned in during system construction, so I know they're solid. So far it hasn't crashed since I installed it on Wednesday. If it hasn't had a random restart by the time my next set of days off come back around on Monday and Tuesday, I'll feel pretty confident I managed to find the culprit.

03-11-2017, 05:28 AM
(02-11-2017 11:03 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I hope so, I really do. Nobody ever wants a game to be bad, least of all me. But I've seen enough crowd funded projects similarly fizzle out. Hell, I've seen this happen to de facto major titles with real publisher backing. So while I hope for the best, I expect the worst; that way I can only be pleasantly surprised so long as it's not a total disaster. I will remain highly skeptical until it actually comes out, then we'll see how well it stacks up to hype and expectation (Duke Nukem Forever sends it's best regards).

They have been producing some very cool stuff so progress does seem to be pretty good. It doesn't have the "death march" smell that games that bomb generally have prior to release.
It feels like they have huge ambitions and are making huge strides. I could be wrong but the latest stuff they've been putting out is super cool.
This is very impressive.
But I'll grant that videos of gameplay are a very different thing from real game play.
What I do expect is that the system requirements are going to be huge.

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes BikerDude's post
03-11-2017, 05:32 AM
(03-11-2017 05:28 AM)BikerDude Wrote:  It feels like they have huge ambitions and are making huge strides. I could be wrong but the latest stuff they've been putting out is super cool.
This is very impressive.

Agreed. Let's hope they stick the landing. Thumbsup

03-11-2017, 06:49 AM
Aaaaand No Citizen's Sky

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
03-11-2017, 10:43 PM
Blizzcon today, had some pretty good shit. If you like WoW or not that new cinematic is fucking awesome.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
06-11-2017, 08:48 AM
Playing South Park Fractured But Whole. Going to be playing on a different level though as I have my Philips Hue Bloom light set to sync with whats on my screen. It'll grab the average color and change my light to that color.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze