What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-01-2018, 09:51 AM
RE: What are you playing?
(12-01-2018 12:34 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  What is Starbound? Well, basically it's Terraria in space.

Before I read your description, that was the first thing I thought when I saw the first picture you posted. I both love and hate Terraria. I sadly don't have the patience for something like that, although my biggest complaint is the wonky controls. Still, the idea and overall execution of the game look pretty good.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-01-2018, 01:45 PM
I recently got Crypt of the Necrodancer on Steam. It's a super addicting, slightly rage-inducing game that is basically Legend of Zelda meets Minecraft meets DDR! The music is stuck in my head and that's a good thing! Big Grin

I also recently tried playing Prop Hunt. I thought I would just try it out for an hour or so with friends...ended up playing for over three hours. XD
18-01-2018, 02:20 PM
Mario + Rabbids

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: beb1339cfc76b95693fe0fd59c12ec05.jpg]
18-01-2018, 10:19 PM
Monster Hunter World beta

[Image: 9868712-jpg.470527]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
21-01-2018, 04:53 AM (This post was last modified: 21-01-2018 05:09 AM by EvolutionKills.)
Seriously, Monster Hunter World is fucking amazing.

[Image: giphy.gif]

^ I feel just like how I imagine Nicholas Cage felt like here in Con-Air. ^

How good is it? 6 hours in, and it has retroactively ruined my enjoyment of the previous titles. Top to bottom overhaul of the mechanics, jettisoning over a decade's worth of design accretion while seemingly managing to keep the core experience intact and more streamlined, to get you to the fun faster and more reliably. There is now so much less bullshit getting between you and having a good time. Not only that, but the changes they have made to each and every one of the 14 weapon types have made me loathe returning to previous titles that simply don't play as well as World now does (in it's freakin' beta). New abilities and mechanics (the Longsword's new Spirit attacks), new combos (Greatsword's new shoulder bash attack), changes and improvements made to existing combos (more directional change possible during most combos), new animations (the Greatsword's charge attack 'arm pump' animation), just the whole works.

January 26th cannot come fast enough. I need to hunter monsters, turn their corpses into new weapons and armor, to go back out and hunter bigger monsters. I need my faster Charge Blade attacks. I need my better Greatsword combos. I need my new Switch Axe finisher. I need the completely revised Bowgun and Archery aiming and movement. I need the unified armor system and revised skill implementation.

I need Monster Hunter World.

Yes, I realize that I have a problem.

But the only prescription is more MHW.

Also, fuck yeah, it's Deviljho!

[Image: 7b15583ca26489d6ab743be2185275c540e60dc5_hq.gif]

Yeah, eating it's own severed tail was a thing Deviljho did in previous iterations of the series.

23-01-2018, 01:21 PM
Humble Bundle has a Paradox bundle which you can get Cities in Motion 2, Magicka 2, and Majesty 2 Collection for $1. For about $6 you can get those and Crusader Kings 2 with Old Gods DLC, Pillars of Eternity, Hearts of Iron 3 Collection, and Europa Universalis 3 Complete. For $12 you can get all that and Stellaris.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze

[Image: uj9MSSa.gif]
24-01-2018, 12:47 PM
Bought Jackbox Party Packs......... now I just need friends.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze

25-01-2018, 10:46 AM
I am actually pretty excited for Civ 6's Rise and Fall DLC. The fact that your cities can claim independence if loyalty falls is amazing.

26-01-2018, 03:41 AM (This post was last modified: 26-01-2018 03:48 AM by EvolutionKills.)
My copy of Monster Hunter World arrived at my city around 3:30am, here's hoping it gets delivered around 10am (as is pretty typical for my Amazon orders).

The game is rocking a 91% on Metacritic, which is way higher than I ever expected to see the former super niche title ever reach. All of the long time fans of the series that have reviewed it (GaijinHunter, Arekkz Gaming, ProJared) have given it stunning reviews, and the near universal opinion is it's 'the best damn Monster Hunter title ever, and one of the best games this generation, period'.

It's so fucking close, I can hardly contain myself!

After the shit show Destiny 2 turned out to be, I just want some old-school goodness. Sitting down with a new entry in one of my favorite series ever, without the game industry's almost ubiquitous bullshit trying to muscle its way in to fuck up the experience. It has been a while since I've been able to be genuinely enthusiastic about a upcoming game, without caveats or exceptions. The last time I felt this way was probably The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, so that would have been November of 2011, or more than six years ago.

01-02-2018, 02:00 PM
New computer, going from not even being able to run Fallout 4 to be able to run Fallout 4 on Ultra is amazing

[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post