RE: What are you playing?
*nevermind*

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-04-2014, 06:03 AM
(25-04-2014 03:28 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(25-04-2014 12:39 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  I bought it. It is worth the $27 just to launch aliens into space and build ridiculous ships.

In seriousness though, it's an incredibly fun game. It took me a while to get the basics of orbital physics down, but now I can launch a rocket, get it to another object and return safely using very little fuel. Once you figure out how to use planets and moons to slingshot yourself or slow you down, you generally only need fuel for course corrections and to re-launch if you land.

I looked at this thread for the first time so I could post how I have started playing the Kerbal Space Program. Did you find out about it from XKCD as well? It seems like a whole load of new people have found out about the game from that.

I bought another early access game but only played it a few hours until the game play annoyed me too much so I then bought KSP and have been playing that instead.

I didn't learn of it through XKCD, but it was part of the reason I bought it. A friend of mine has been playing it pretty much since the beginning and posts about it all the time on FB. After seeing other people say they enjoy it even though its an incomplete game, and the XKCD comic, I thought "what the hell" it's only $27. I've wasted more money than that on shitty games before.

I am not disappointed. Thumbsup

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 1 user Likes itsnotmeitsyou's post
25-04-2014, 07:40 AM
(25-04-2014 06:03 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(25-04-2014 03:28 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  I looked at this thread for the first time so I could post how I have started playing the Kerbal Space Program. Did you find out about it from XKCD as well? It seems like a whole load of new people have found out about the game from that.

I bought another early access game but only played it a few hours until the game play annoyed me too much so I then bought KSP and have been playing that instead.

I didn't learn of it through XKCD, but it was part of the reason I bought it. A friend of mine has been playing it pretty much since the beginning and posts about it all the time on FB. After seeing other people say they enjoy it even though its an incomplete game, and the XKCD comic, I thought "what the hell" it's only $27. I've wasted more money than that on shitty games before.

I BOUGHT KSP BEFORE APRIL 2013! MUAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAhAHAHAhAH!
I GET FREEEEEEEE EXPANSIONS AND EVERYTHING THEY ADD TO THE GAME! I ALSO GOT THE GAME FOR $12 LESS THAN YOU!

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post
25-04-2014, 07:46 AM
(25-04-2014 07:40 AM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  
(25-04-2014 06:03 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  I didn't learn of it through XKCD, but it was part of the reason I bought it. A friend of mine has been playing it pretty much since the beginning and posts about it all the time on FB. After seeing other people say they enjoy it even though its an incomplete game, and the XKCD comic, I thought "what the hell" it's only $27. I've wasted more money than that on shitty games before.

I BOUGHT KSP BEFORE APRIL 2013! MUAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAhAHAHAhAH!
I GET FREEEEEEEE EXPANSIONS AND EVERYTHING THEY ADD TO THE GAME! I ALSO GOT THE GAME FOR $12 LESS THAN YOU!

I get all the new content too. The game is only on version .23 right now. If you buy it before it's finished, they give you all the extra content for being an early supporter. I do wish I had purchased it earlier, because I always like saving money, but $27 isn't exactly going to break me.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
25-04-2014, 07:51 AM
(25-04-2014 07:40 AM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  
(25-04-2014 06:03 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  I didn't learn of it through XKCD, but it was part of the reason I bought it. A friend of mine has been playing it pretty much since the beginning and posts about it all the time on FB. After seeing other people say they enjoy it even though its an incomplete game, and the XKCD comic, I thought "what the hell" it's only $27. I've wasted more money than that on shitty games before.

I got it for free. Drinking Beverage

[Image: oscar.png]
25-04-2014, 08:00 AM
(25-04-2014 07:46 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(25-04-2014 07:40 AM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  I BOUGHT KSP BEFORE APRIL 2013! MUAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAhAHAHAhAH!

I get all the new content too. The game is only on version .23 right now. If you buy it before it's finished, they give you all the extra content for being an early supporter. I do wish I had purchased it earlier, because I always like saving money, but $27 isn't exactly going to break me.

Actually, you probably don't get all of the expansions.
Here.

25-04-2014, 08:05 AM
(25-04-2014 08:00 AM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  
(25-04-2014 07:46 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  I get all the new content too. The game is only on version .23 right now. If you buy it before it's finished, they give you all the extra content for being an early supporter. I do wish I had purchased it earlier, because I always like saving money, but $27 isn't exactly going to break me.

Actually, you probably don't get all of the expansions.
Here.

Well that's shitty. They shouldn't tell people that they're going to give them "all future content" for buying early. Or at least they should have changed the language after that offer expired... Dodgy

Looks like I'll be going Muff's way for any expansions.

25-04-2014, 08:06 AM
(25-04-2014 08:05 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(25-04-2014 08:00 AM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  Actually, you probably don't get all of the expansions.
Here.

Well that's shitty. They shouldn't tell people that they're going to give them "all future content" for buying early. Or at least they should have changed the language after that offer expired... Dodgy

Looks like I'll be going Muff's way for any expansions.

I'm still not one to violate the terms of service. I don't even see buy the game as buying it. I usually do research on games first, decide it's cool, and then I "buy" it. When I "buy" it, it's more like I'm donating money to them.

25-04-2014, 08:07 AM
And here's me having spent 50 euros on two copies.

The other early access game I bought was Plague inc: evolved, which was OK but the game play was rather tedious and certainly not as realistic as they claim it is. Unfortunately I accidentally bought it using my British debit card which meant that exchange rates were applied twice (once to put money into the bank account from Germany, secondly to pay for it in Euros).

Still, for something like KSP, I am very happy to fund independent developers wanting to do something new and different rather than just rehashing old formats.
25-04-2014, 08:10 AM
(25-04-2014 08:07 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  the game play was rather tedious and certainly not as realistic as they claim it is.

Here's an discussion I created about that.