What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-04-2014, 08:10 AM
RE: What are you playing?
I started playing Path of Exile during breaks in exam season. Now that's a solid aRPG.

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-04-2014, 08:13 AM
(25-04-2014 08:06 AM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  
(25-04-2014 08:05 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  Well that's shitty. They shouldn't tell people that they're going to give them "all future content" for buying early. Or at least they should have changed the language after that offer expired... Dodgy

Looks like I'll be going Muff's way for any expansions.

I'm still not one to violate the terms of service.

I've been voiding warranties and violating ToS since the 80's. I'll usually only DL something to try it out and then determine whether they are worthy of my money from there. All too often, you'll buy some hyped up game for $60 and find out it's only worth maybe $5 in entertainment and there's no way to get your money back. KSP was good enough to have a demo that gave a good overview of what the game was like.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
25-04-2014, 08:14 AM
(25-04-2014 08:13 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(25-04-2014 08:06 AM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  I'm still not one to violate the terms of service.

I've been voiding warranties and violating ToS since the 80's. I'll usually only DL something to try it out and then determine whether they are worthy of my money from there. All too often, you'll buy some hyped up game for $60 and find out it's only worth maybe $5 in entertainment and there's no way to get your money back. KSP was good enough to have a demo that gave a good overview of what the game was like.
What, are you talking about...
Planetary annihilation? (You're probably just talking about some games in general.)

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post
25-04-2014, 08:19 AM
(25-04-2014 08:14 AM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  
(25-04-2014 08:13 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  I've been voiding warranties and violating ToS since the 80's. I'll usually only DL something to try it out and then determine whether they are worthy of my money from there. All too often, you'll buy some hyped up game for $60 and find out it's only worth maybe $5 in entertainment and there's no way to get your money back. KSP was good enough to have a demo that gave a good overview of what the game was like.
What, are you talking about...
Planetary annihilation? (You're probably just talking about some games in general.)

Any and all games from the 1980's to present fall under this. Even if a game looks fantastic, I'm not going to pay full price for it until I've tried the game. It would be like buying a new sports car without test driving it first. Some game developers are good enough to make some sort of free demo, but if they don't I have no issue using TPB to evaluate their game and decide from there. If open software was returnable, I may think differently, but it's not, so I have to go another route.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
25-04-2014, 08:22 AM
(25-04-2014 08:10 AM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  
(25-04-2014 08:07 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  the game play was rather tedious and certainly not as realistic as they claim it is.

Here's an discussion I created about that.

Good points there. Here is my post on their forum about how it isn't realistic. My main gripe is that each new mutation applied to the entire population instantly whereas it should spread, and previous strains die out because people have immune systems. I think that would be an absolutely fantastic game if they did that. It would mean that it was worthwhile playing and adapting throughout rather than just sit at your keyboard waiting and occasionally popping balloons.

http://forum.ndemiccreations.com/showthr...63#pid1663
25-04-2014, 08:26 AM
(25-04-2014 08:22 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(25-04-2014 08:10 AM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  Here's an discussion I created about that.

Good points there. Here is my post on their forum about how it isn't realistic. My main gripe is that each new mutation applied to the entire population instantly whereas it should spread, and previous strains die out because people have immune systems. I think that would be an absolutely fantastic game if they did that. It would mean that it was worthwhile playing and adapting throughout rather than just sit at your keyboard waiting and occasionally popping balloons.

http://forum.ndemiccreations.com/showthr...63#pid1663
I think that there should be a cladeograph that shows the different species/strains of your virus/plague. If you mutated, the other stains could mutate also, making it not just a race against the cure, but a race against other strains.

25-04-2014, 09:09 AM
(25-04-2014 08:10 AM)cjlr Wrote:  I started playing Path of Exile during breaks in exam season. Now that's a solid aRPG.

Play Torchlight 2, it's better.
Path of Exile is good, but it has serious issues when it comes to clicking on enemies to attack. "I AM FUCKING CLICKING ON HIM!! ATTACK, DON'T WALK TO THAT LOCATION!!" pretty much sums up my PoE experience.
28-04-2014, 09:30 AM
Playing Rust!
It's like Minecraft but with guns and genuine graphics.
You all should try it
28-04-2014, 09:32 AM
(28-04-2014 09:30 AM)420 Praise It Wrote:  Playing Rust!
It's like Minecraft but with genuine graphics.

Facepalm
(MINECRAFT HAS RETRO GRAPHICS BECAUSE THAT'S IT'S STYLE!)
I got rust though.

28-04-2014, 09:35 AM
(28-04-2014 09:32 AM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  
(28-04-2014 09:30 AM)420 Praise It Wrote:  Playing Rust!
It's like Minecraft but with genuine graphics.

Facepalm
(MINECRAFT HAS RETRO GRAPHICS BECAUSE THAT'S IT'S STYLE!)
I got rust though.

No xD I know, I love Minecraft. I was just forgetting the words for.. umm.. "Nonblocky" graphics.
I love Minecraft a lot, though, since alpha.