What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-04-2014, 12:51 PM
RE: What are you playing?
Spelunky.

Some more Spelunky.

And then a little more Spelunky.

And then I decide to leave the house for once.

And then I play Spelunky on my new Vita.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-04-2014, 03:56 PM
(24-04-2014 11:40 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Torchlight 2, thanks to EK.

Holy shit this game is amazeballs. It's a shameless cartoony rip-off of Diablo3, BUT I think it's better than Diablo 3 from what I've played so far. It's just more fun and it does a lot of things better. It has become especially good now that I discovered what the little home button on the pet panel does.

After getting every class to lvl20 I am loving berserker. High crit rate, fast attack and a bitchin move that heals me for 24% (at the moment) of my max health each time I use it. Oh and did I mention it has no cooldown and is very cheap on mana?
Not to mention I get 5% health back when I crit, which is often, and my summon pet spirit wolf also heals me when it does damage. Not to mention potions are there as a last resort of which I have ridiculous amounts of because I never have to use them.
Plus my armor stealing move that shreds armor and gives it to me. Yip, berserker is pretty much unkillable.

All the classes are good fun though.

Glad you like it. Let me know when you get to New Game plus, then I can itroduce you to my glass-cannon of an Ember Mage. Big Grin

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
28-04-2014, 06:27 PM
Finished Tokyo Jungle this morning. Anyone with a PS3 needs to at least take a look at this; it's a fascinating idea and a lot of fun.

[Image: MegahentaiSignature_zps7c4b73b2.jpg]
28-04-2014, 07:02 PM
(28-04-2014 06:27 PM)MegaHentai Wrote:  Finished Tokyo Jungle this morning. Anyone with a PS3 needs to at least take a look at this; it's a fascinating idea and a lot of fun.

It's been forever since I played that game! I bought it and basically my roomie played it obsessively. Sometimes I'd co-op with her as whatever cool animal she unlocked. I enjoyed being a giraffe. For once in my life, I was the tallest! I ashamedly must admit I never get too far in Tokyo Jungle but I do have a lot of fun playing it when I do.

[Image: notagain.gif]
28-04-2014, 10:26 PM
(28-04-2014 03:56 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(24-04-2014 11:40 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Torchlight 2, thanks to EK.

Holy shit this game is amazeballs. It's a shameless cartoony rip-off of Diablo3, BUT I think it's better than Diablo 3 from what I've played so far. It's just more fun and it does a lot of things better. It has become especially good now that I discovered what the little home button on the pet panel does.

After getting every class to lvl20 I am loving berserker. High crit rate, fast attack and a bitchin move that heals me for 24% (at the moment) of my max health each time I use it. Oh and did I mention it has no cooldown and is very cheap on mana?
Not to mention I get 5% health back when I crit, which is often, and my summon pet spirit wolf also heals me when it does damage. Not to mention potions are there as a last resort of which I have ridiculous amounts of because I never have to use them.
Plus my armor stealing move that shreds armor and gives it to me. Yip, berserker is pretty much unkillable.

All the classes are good fun though.

Glad you like it. Let me know when you get to New Game plus, then I can itroduce you to my glass-cannon of an Ember Mage. Big Grin

I'm not too far (just finished the first bit in the second act) because I've been playing all characters to get a feel for them. Zerker is defiantly my favorite though so I'm gonna go ahead and finish the story with him.
My Zerker at the moment is pretty glass cannon. Only spent points in strength and dexterity. But I suppose at least dexterity gives me dodge chance. I imagine an ember mage with focus on focus would be pretty fragile. No healing moves either.

[Image: oscar.png]
29-04-2014, 05:59 AM (This post was last modified: 29-04-2014 06:12 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(28-04-2014 10:26 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(28-04-2014 03:56 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Glad you like it. Let me know when you get to New Game plus, then I can itroduce you to my glass-cannon of an Ember Mage. Big Grin

I'm not too far (just finished the first bit in the second act) because I've been playing all characters to get a feel for them. Zerker is defiantly my favorite though so I'm gonna go ahead and finish the story with him.
My Zerker at the moment is pretty glass cannon. Only spent points in strength and dexterity. But I suppose at least dexterity gives me dodge chance. I imagine an ember mage with focus on focus would be pretty fragile. No healing moves either.

Yes and no. I've focused on Focus and Vitality, and have completely ignored Strength and Dexterity. She's Lv 78 with base stats of Str-5, Dex-10, Fcs-240, Vit-170; 4326 HP and 275 MP. Even with another +41 to Vitality from her gear, she's still a glass cannon. Fortunately she regenerates Mana almost faster than she can use it, but the kicker is I have all of my skill points put into only 5 active skills to keep them at the highest level available.

Prismatic Bolt is my go-to auto-fire spam-tasic attack that I always keep on right mouse. It does damage from all four elements and can also cause all 4 status ailments (Burn/Freeze/Shock/Poison). Just hold down right mouse to unleash a horde of auto-targeting magic missiles.

For crowd control and AOE damage, I have Hailstorm, which is also my de facto ice attack. At rank 13/15 it also has a 74% chance to Stun for 3 seconds and a 70% chance to Freeze for 6. Targets also take an additional 40% damage from ice and electric attacks for 6 seconds.

[Image: 43090FCCB541D0A6F0EA3A8940D55968B2BCD523]

For quickly building up charge (so that I get unlimited Mana), I rely upon Blazing Pillar. At rank 13/15 each pillar does 1327-2831 damage and has a 60% chance to burn while they auto-target nearby enemies. Once spawned (I can currently summon 7 per casting), the pillars move towards enemies, and can cause massive damage if they all hit one enemy (such as a unique or a boss) at one time.

[Image: 3C3C39434A39024602C9406331C2E91B8EF23F79]

Representing electricity with a more focused crowd control function is Shocking Orbs, which spawns 3 ricocheting orbs that cause 84% of weapons DPS as they pass by enemies. These things are slow moving, but they destroy crowds of smaller enemies that rush into them.

[Image: 3DF6D9424B907711FC73D27258C6A91A9752098A]

Finally the last active skill that holds this all together is Death's Bounty. It can be cast every 1.3 seconds, and creates a 6 meter radius field centered on your mouse that slows targets down 33% for 2 seconds. But the kicker is that any enemy that is hit by the field or that moves through it before it dissipates is now afflicted by the spell, and upon their death they release 5 bolts of energy that fly back to either the Mage or her companions. Each bolt causes 361 HP and 13.7 MP recovery per second; remember that is per bolt, and each enemy killed releases 5 of them. Needless to say that you lead with this attack, spam everything else, and as things die and the bolts fly back into you, you simply won't run out of health or mana before everything dies. The only problem is getting ambushed or charged at before I can mount an attack, as 2-3 good hits can drop me.

The rest of my points are in the passive skills like Charge Mastery, (Charge decay rate reduced by 78%, Charge rate increased 52%), Elemental Attunement (increases the chance of Burn/Shock/Freeze/Poison by 10% and lengthens all their durations by 10 seconds), and Prismatic Rift (50% any attacker that hits me gets teleported away in a random direction).

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
29-04-2014, 06:10 AM
... I kinda wish I had somebody to play Risk of Rain with...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
29-04-2014, 07:12 AM (This post was last modified: 29-04-2014 07:17 AM by ELK12695.)
I managed to get the old Star Wars games running again on the rig, the games being Battlefront I and Empire at War Gold Edition. All I had to do was turning on Vsync, and it worked fine.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
30-04-2014, 09:55 PM
(29-04-2014 05:59 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(28-04-2014 10:26 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I'm not too far (just finished the first bit in the second act) because I've been playing all characters to get a feel for them. Zerker is defiantly my favorite though so I'm gonna go ahead and finish the story with him.

Yes and no. I've focused on Focus and Vitality, and have completely ignored Strength and Dexterity. She's Lv 78 with base stats of Str-5, Dex-10, Fcs-240, Vit-170; 4326 HP and 275 MP. Even with another +41 to Vitality from her gear, she's still a glass cannon. Fortunately she regenerates Mana almost faster than she can use it, but the kicker is I have all of my skill points put into only 5 active skills to keep them at the highest level available.

Prismatic Bolt is my go-to auto-fire spam-tasic attack that I always keep on right mouse. It does damage from all four elements and can also cause all 4 status ailments (Burn/Freeze/Shock/Poison). Just hold down right mouse to unleash a horde of auto-targeting magic missiles.

For crowd control and AOE damage, I have Hailstorm, which is also my de facto ice attack. At rank 13/15 it also has a 74% chance to Stun for 3 seconds and a 70% chance to Freeze for 6. Targets also take an additional 40% damage from ice and electric attacks for 6 seconds.

[Image: 43090FCCB541D0A6F0EA3A8940D55968B2BCD523]

For quickly building up charge (so that I get unlimited Mana), I rely upon Blazing Pillar. At rank 13/15 each pillar does 1327-2831 damage and has a 60% chance to burn while they auto-target nearby enemies. Once spawned (I can currently summon 7 per casting), the pillars move towards enemies, and can cause massive damage if they all hit one enemy (such as a unique or a boss) at one time.

[Image: 3C3C39434A39024602C9406331C2E91B8EF23F79]

Representing electricity with a more focused crowd control function is Shocking Orbs, which spawns 3 ricocheting orbs that cause 84% of weapons DPS as they pass by enemies. These things are slow moving, but they destroy crowds of smaller enemies that rush into them.

[Image: 3DF6D9424B907711FC73D27258C6A91A9752098A]

Finally the last active skill that holds this all together is Death's Bounty. It can be cast every 1.3 seconds, and creates a 6 meter radius field centered on your mouse that slows targets down 33% for 2 seconds. But the kicker is that any enemy that is hit by the field or that moves through it before it dissipates is now afflicted by the spell, and upon their death they release 5 bolts of energy that fly back to either the Mage or her companions. Each bolt causes 361 HP and 13.7 MP recovery per second; remember that is per bolt, and each enemy killed releases 5 of them. Needless to say that you lead with this attack, spam everything else, and as things die and the bolts fly back into you, you simply won't run out of health or mana before everything dies. The only problem is getting ambushed or charged at before I can mount an attack, as 2-3 good hits can drop me.

The rest of my points are in the passive skills like Charge Mastery, (Charge decay rate reduced by 78%, Charge rate increased 52%), Elemental Attunement (increases the chance of Burn/Shock/Freeze/Poison by 10% and lengthens all their durations by 10 seconds), and Prismatic Rift (50% any attacker that hits me gets teleported away in a random direction).

That's pretty fucking sweat. Who needs defensive stats when shit dies before it can hit you right?

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
02-05-2014, 03:28 PM
Metal Gear Solid 2: VR Missions
"Finally done with MGS1 Solid Snake Variety Mode 1, it was friggin hard, but made it!"