What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-05-2014, 08:09 PM
RE: What are you playing?
(31-05-2014 08:05 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(31-05-2014 07:50 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Cthulhu saves the world.

I remember reading a long time ago about a 'Cthulu' game, the only thing I remember about it really was that it was survival horror and had in interesting madness mechanic: for instance, the more your character looked at a creature the more insane he would become, eventually committing suicide.

I wish I could find that game.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
31-05-2014, 08:10 PM (This post was last modified: 31-05-2014 08:15 PM by Free Thought.)
(31-05-2014 08:07 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(31-05-2014 07:50 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Cthulhu saves the world.

Strange that Cthulhu saves the world. Isn't he supposed to plunge it into eternal chaos?

Well Cthulu doesn't have a choice.

If I remember correctly, Cthulu's powers were taken away some how and now it has to band together to defeat the evil that did it so that he can regain his power and then plunge the world into chaos.

Apparently, a good deal of dialogue is Cthulu snarking at his companions.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
31-05-2014, 08:12 PM
(31-05-2014 08:10 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(31-05-2014 08:07 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Strange that Cthulhu saves the world. Isn't he supposed to plunge it into eternal chaos?

If I remember correctly, Cthulu's powers were taken away some how and not it has to band together to defeat the evil that did it so that he can regain his power and then plunge the world into chaos.

Yes it is. So far it is very funny.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
31-05-2014, 08:25 PM
(31-05-2014 08:10 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(31-05-2014 08:07 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Strange that Cthulhu saves the world. Isn't he supposed to plunge it into eternal chaos?

If I remember correctly, Cthulu's powers were taken away some how and now it has to band together to defeat the evil that did it so that he can regain his power and then plunge the world into chaos.

So it is not him saving the world, it is him destroying the one who took his powers so he can plunge the world into chaos.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
31-05-2014, 08:29 PM
(31-05-2014 08:25 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(31-05-2014 08:10 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Well Cthulu doesn't have a choice.

So it is not him saving the world, it is him destroying the one who took his powers so he can plunge the world into chaos.

Cthulu is saving the world, for it's own destruction.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
31-05-2014, 08:30 PM
(31-05-2014 08:29 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(31-05-2014 08:25 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  So it is not him saving the world, it is him destroying the one who took his powers so he can plunge the world into chaos.

Cthulu is saving the world, for it's own destruction.

It is either a oxymoron or irony (I vote irony)

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
31-05-2014, 08:33 PM
(31-05-2014 08:30 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(31-05-2014 08:29 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Cthulu is saving the world, for it's own destruction.

It is either a oxymoron or irony (I vote irony)

Would it help if I capitalised 'It's' to further indicate that Cthulu is save the world purely so that It gets to destroy the world?

[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
31-05-2014, 08:43 PM
(31-05-2014 08:33 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(31-05-2014 08:30 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  It is either a oxymoron or irony (I vote irony)

Would it help if I capitalised 'It's' to further indicate that Cthulu is save the world purely so that It gets to destroy the world?

Yup.

01-06-2014, 05:50 AM
So... I'm playing Kerbal Space Program and have finally decided to try to get a rocket close to Mun.

I manage to get my really dumb rocket on an intercept course with it. Naturally, my brave Kerbals probably will never feel Kerbin beneath their feet again, however this would not be the first crew trapped forever orbiting a stellar body.

So, I get a bunch of science from my pass of Mun. I begin processing it in my on-board lab, ready to send the science back to Kerbin.

And then; bang: Mun outta fuckin' nowhere! The rocket had been set on a course orbiting Kerbin by Mun, so I figured it was safe to turn up time and ge tthe science processed faster.
Nope. Kerbal Space Program wont let my get away with mindlessly sacrificing Kerbals for the sake of science, apparently.

01-06-2014, 08:54 AM
Imma Official Landmark Beta Tester. I dig holes. Hobo

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post