What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-06-2014, 10:08 PM
RE: What are you playing?
I'm playing as Muscovy/Russia (can form Russia but it gives me claims on Crimea (lol) and Lithuania, both of which have very powerful allies so I want to get stronger and wait for the perfect time to strike. Form Russia, gain free claims and go to town.
Luckily I can field the largest army in the game, gonna need it with these less than ideal Eastern troops. Meanwhile, I'm colonizing the Siberian frontier, pushing along to Manchu and Ming. Annoyingly the Oriental Horde, if you've actually read this far I'm impressed, have fallen into a personal union with Aq Something whatever their name is, so they've got this powerful alliance as well. I'm sorta squashed between that alliance, an alliance of Ottomans/Crimea and Lithuania/Poland. Thank fuck Sweden broke away from the personal union with Denmark pissing them off leaving them wide open to attack or I would only have colonial provinces in which to expand too. At least until I reach Japan. I've never played as Muscovy/Russia before and I must say, it's a nice pace from my usual style of play and I'm very much enjoying it. Might even take it the full 376 years to 1820. Can't wait till I'm done colonizing Siberia, my map blob is gonna look sexy as all hell.

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-06-2014, 10:33 PM
(24-06-2014 03:12 PM)Filox Wrote:  Been playing RAGE. It fucking sucks balls. Linear, simple, stupid. Go here, kill them, go there, kill them, thank you, here is a new weapon, go there, kill them... No character customization, not a single rpg element, nothing, just some nice graphics and good blood stains. Some cool weapons, but that is it.

Tried to play it again (got it on release and meh yawn), as I seen ELK on it a bit over the weekend.
Graphics are looking dated now, gameplay is still as yawny as I recalled.
But the kicker was the linear corridor funneling, invisible walls, small boxes I counld not jump over >>> RAGE QUIT>>>

Went back to Redfaction guerrilla, to smash some stuff, why can't they reboot or expand on that game, Redfaction Armageddon was a hollow sequel .

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
29-06-2014, 11:20 PM
I've ordered Sniper Elite 3...

Played the demo of the 2nd game, and found it quite fun, but never got round to buying it. So I've bought this one... Looks good, with weapon customization and shit.

Plus, shooting Nazis in the bollocks never gets old.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post
30-06-2014, 11:35 AM
What are you playing?
I've been playing a few things off and on. DCUO, Watch Dogs, Tower-fall Ascension, and Disgaea 3 on vita.
30-06-2014, 12:40 PM
Sniper Elite 3 (awesome game!) and blackguard (low stress old school type turn based combat D&D type game).Unsure

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
30-06-2014, 12:41 PM
(29-06-2014 11:20 PM)Sam Wrote:  I've ordered Sniper Elite 3...

Played the demo of the 2nd game, and found it quite fun, but never got round to buying it. So I've bought this one... Looks good, with weapon customization and shit.

it is AWESOME! I suck at shooter games, but I am really enjoying this one. This is designed to be a sniper or up close and stealthy kill and cover up type game. Great missions, good story, great graphics, I give it 10/10 so far Tongue

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
02-07-2014, 01:46 AM
I am playing oblivion with natural environments, unique landscapes, OOO, and a few other mods. I fucked up somewhere because the game will crash about 50% of the time after leaving a dungeon or fast traveling. Doesn't seem to like to load new exterior cells. Ah well, bethesda games and my computer have never got along. I save often.

After about forty or so hours of playing I am now ALMOST half way through exploring all 200 or so of oblivion's dungeons, legion forts, and ayled ruins. I haven't really completed any quests, just knocking them off one at a time.
[+] 1 user Likes Michael_Tadlock's post
02-07-2014, 01:51 PM
Still in the early stages of Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Great Curry God on the Vita. It's a roguelike game with a weird sense of humour.

[Image: MegahentaiSignature_zps7c4b73b2.jpg]
02-07-2014, 02:38 PM
(02-07-2014 01:46 AM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  I am playing oblivion with natural environments, unique landscapes, OOO, and a few other mods. I fucked up somewhere because the game will crash about 50% of the time after leaving a dungeon or fast traveling. Doesn't seem to like to load new exterior cells. Ah well, bethesda games and my computer have never got along. I save often.

After about forty or so hours of playing I am now ALMOST half way through exploring all 200 or so of oblivion's dungeons, legion forts, and ayled ruins. I haven't really completed any quests, just knocking them off one at a time.

Get the Unofficial patches, BOSS or LOOT, serious those utilities have saved me much frustration over the years. Wrye Bash is also a decent program to use. Those are the only things that have let me play Skyrim and Oblivion pushing 100+ mods.

Currently back onto Morrowind with the MGO loaded and running a nice 56 FPS. Need to uninstall animated Morrowind as the talking heads are freaking me out. Still getting all nostalgic when ever the Nerevar Rising starts playing.

*giddy*

The requirement of evidence to back your claim does not disappear because it hurts your feelings, reality does not care about your feefees.
[+] 1 user Likes Blackhand293's post
03-07-2014, 12:08 PM
(30-06-2014 12:41 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(29-06-2014 11:20 PM)Sam Wrote:  I've ordered Sniper Elite 3...

it is AWESOME! I suck at shooter games, but I am really enjoying this one. This is designed to be a sniper or up close and stealthy kill and cover up type game. Great missions, good story, great graphics, I give it 10/10 so far Tongue

The gameplay is great... I just wish it was a bit longer.

I got it Tuesday afternoon, and I'm already on the last mission. Sad But need to redo a lot of the missions, and complete all the optional objectives.

Nice that they included the Lee Enfield and the Garand rifles.... WW2 themed sniper games seem to have a fetish for the Mosin-Nagant and Kar98 for some reason. Nothing wrong with them, but there are other, equally interesting and historically significant rifles from the era.

I might get V2 now. Big Grin

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post