What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-08-2014, 05:21 PM
RE: What are you playing?
*groan*
Playing as Friesland trying to unite Netherlands. It's proving most annoying. My colonization game is strong, I dominate Canada and Africa. especially around the cape, I own all of South Africa and neither Spain or Portugal are anywhere near colonizing in Africa yet, too focused on South America and the colonization battle for the Caribbean. It was good planning on my part to neglect America, South America and the Caribbean in favor of Africa. I can dominate Africa and get a huge head start in India, Indonesia and the rest of Asia. And Asia is worth a lot more in trade income than the America's.

However, my time in Europe is troublesome. Austria inherited Burgundy when the king died and became some sort of super Austria, as well as being Emperor of the HRE. My ally France took a nerfing in the last patch (well, everyone else got a buff) and lost a war to Austria much to my surprise. So me, a weak nation in Europe, was in a poor position to require the land I require to form Netherlands which Austria currently owns. Luckily Austria is slipping. They lost the Emperorship to the Bohemians and lost a very very hard fought war against France, myself and a super Hansa. Saddly I was not able to take all the land I require to form Netherlands and Zeeland and Breda still allude me. BUT now France has just declared war on Austria to free The Netherlands as a separate country. The very country I'm trying so very hard to form... ffs. I can't tell if this is a good thing or bad thing. It could be good in the sense that I would not need to fight Austria anymore if Netherlands does gain independence, I would need only attack Netherlands. But bad in the sense that they will be also allied with France (who will side with them if I attack them, leaving me with the Hansa as my only ally) AND I will need to completely wipe them from the map in order to form the Netherlands (can't have two Netherlands...).

[Image: snpco9.jpg]

*sigh*
This campaign is going to be the death of me.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
07-08-2014, 05:49 PM
Next month I'm going to force my girlfriend to observe some Kingdom Hearts. Because everybody needs it.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
07-08-2014, 06:00 PM
What are you playing?
Something may be wrong with me. Perhaps my funk deepens.

I'm toying with the idea of returning to WoW. Help me.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
07-08-2014, 06:06 PM
(07-08-2014 06:00 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  Something may be wrong with me. Perhaps my funk deepens.

I'm toying with the idea of returning to WoW. Help me.

Go outside and dig an actual garden at least that way the endless farming would have health benefits.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
07-08-2014, 06:19 PM
I just installed Morrowind today (with the expansion packs and graphics overhaul) and started playing it.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
07-08-2014, 07:54 PM
(30-07-2014 07:04 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(30-07-2014 03:36 AM)Vosur Wrote:  Nidhogg

This is one of the most entertaining multiplayer games I've ever played. Big Grin

That dude in your video closest to the camera, the Asian guy, I've seen him in something but put my finger on it... Consider

@Smurf, your list is a tad longer than mine. Most of my games are downloaded though, not purchased. I've got all the important ones on Steam though (L4D was free and Wizard Wars and War Thunder are f2p games.).

[Image: 2ziu8mf.jpg]

Also wanted to show off how many hours I've played in EU4 since early June (this year). I probably shouldn't be bragging though.. Consider
note to self: do something with your life

That looks like fun. I love old school strategy games like that. Just picked it up.

Think I got you beat though.

[Image: Capturegame_zps77ea11b7.png]
07-08-2014, 08:00 PM
(07-08-2014 07:54 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  
(30-07-2014 07:04 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  That dude in your video closest to the camera, the Asian guy, I've seen him in something but put my finger on it... Consider

@Smurf, your list is a tad longer than mine. Most of my games are downloaded though, not purchased. I've got all the important ones on Steam though (L4D was free and Wizard Wars and War Thunder are f2p games.).

[Image: 2ziu8mf.jpg]

Also wanted to show off how many hours I've played in EU4 since early June (this year). I probably shouldn't be bragging though.. Consider
note to self: do something with your life

That looks like fun. I love old school strategy games like that. Just picked it up.

Not bad, not bad.
Remember, those 380ish hours are since the beginning of June this year.
I've put in far more time since that games actual release. (pirated version).

Also, EU4 came out AFTER Civ5, hardly old school. Tongue

If you just picked it up be in for a steep learning curve.
Stick with it though, it's far more rewarding than an arcade strategy game like Civ.
07-08-2014, 10:30 PM
What are you playing?
Are you guys comparing the sizes of your...er....habits?

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
07-08-2014, 10:45 PM
(07-08-2014 08:00 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(07-08-2014 07:54 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  That looks like fun. I love old school strategy games like that. Just picked it up.

Not bad, not bad.
Remember, those 380ish hours are since the beginning of June this year.
I've put in far more time since that games actual release. (pirated version).

Also, EU4 came out AFTER Civ5, hardly old school. Tongue

If you just picked it up be in for a steep learning curve.
Stick with it though, it's far more rewarding than an arcade strategy game like Civ.

I meant old school style, not old school like its old Tongue. Running through the tuts now. This is going to keep my busy for a while.
08-08-2014, 03:13 AM
(07-08-2014 10:30 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  Are you guys comparing the sizes of your...er....habits?

Maybe.

Quote:I meant old school style, not old school like its old Tongue. Running through the tuts now. This is going to keep my busy for a while.

If you have any questions just ask, I know this game inside out I can probably answer. The tutorial misses quite a lot IIRC.