What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-08-2014, 06:22 AM (This post was last modified: 15-08-2014 06:25 AM by RobbyPants.)
RE: What are you playing?
(12-08-2014 08:12 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(12-08-2014 05:36 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  I've been having a lot of fun with Hotline Miami, lately.

That sounds like one of the sexlines you see advertised at 2am. Laugh out load

Well, I did say I was having a lot of fun, didn't I?

No, it's a fast-pace, violent game where you recklessly run around killing mobsters and dying a lot in the process. It has a distinctively retro feel to it, and the music kicks ass.

[Image: Hotline-Miami-4.png]

(12-08-2014 10:01 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  It's also a 1-hit-you're-dead, but with unlimited tries and near instant restarts. So you have to make it through an entire floor at a time without ever getting touched, and it can be very hard; but the low cost of failure really helps to dull that edge.

Yeah, it is different in that regard. Because you have to redo the entire floor if you die, I find that it still keeps me focused.

That being said, having beaten all the levels, I'm having fun replying them with different masks to see how recklessly I can run through to improve my score. It's a lot easier to go through methodically and cautiously, but that tends to kill your score.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
15-08-2014, 05:15 PM
I am currently playing Icewind Dale I. Through some miracle (read: luck) I actually found a physical copy of the 3in1 boxset in a store I visited. I LOVE this game so far. It is one of the few Bioware games, that I had not played. I am a massive Bioware fan and have been ever since I first played Baldur's Gate way back in 2006-2007 and have greatly enjoyed most of their games, even Dragon Age II, which I thought was not as bad as most people said it was.

Icewind Dale plays much like you'd expect, it is like Baldur's Gate's little brother, it is not quite as epic, but as a result feels more homely and intimate. If the rest of the game is as good as the first parts have been, then I would rate this game a 9/10 at least and would recommend it to any Bioware, D&D, RPG fan, who has yet to play it. It rules, plain and simple.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
15-08-2014, 05:44 PM
What are you playing?
I was surprised to find that someone is doing a remake (reboot?) of Gauntlet. It resembles Diablo3 in some ways.

Sounds like the elf might still be able to shoot the food the warrior needed badly. What a dick.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
15-08-2014, 08:03 PM
Returning to Rome: Total War.
Trying to take over the world as the Scipii... However, the Egyptians are being right assholes and are effectively preventing me from advancing onward. I have taken everything west of Alexandria (including Alexandria itself and Memphis), but Alexandria keeps revolting. When it's not revolting, it's under siege, which triggers the revolts. Because of the constant issues with Alexandria and the three other top Egyptian cities which are now mine, and their constant flinging of men in my general direction, it is remarkably difficult for me to push on. Doesn't help that the rest of my empire is only barely content with my ever-so benevolent rule...
Plus they have chariots... The general method for dealing with chariots is, of course, to bog them down in a sea of heavy infantry, however, not even my Urban Cohorts do very well at that job...

In my newly started play through as the Greeks, all of my enemies have a strange habit of sending diplomats demanding that I not attack them, on the threat of being attacked. While we're at war.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
15-08-2014, 08:28 PM
[Image: Dragon_Quest_VIII_Journey_of_the_Cursed_King.jpeg]

Old School RPG time what?

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
15-08-2014, 08:36 PM
(15-08-2014 08:28 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  

Please tell me you are playing it on PC.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
15-08-2014, 08:39 PM
I don't invest the time to finish many games, but Hotline Miami was well worth the hours I put into it. I picked up Papers Please and Waking Mars the other day on sale. I'll probably get around to playing beyond the first few levels of each one day. I picked up Trine 2 the other day also.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 1 user Likes Hafnof's post
15-08-2014, 08:40 PM
(15-08-2014 08:36 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(15-08-2014 08:28 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  

Please tell me you are playing it on PC.

I actually have the PS2 hooked up.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
15-08-2014, 09:14 PM
What are you playing?
(15-08-2014 08:39 PM)Hafnof Wrote:  I don't invest the time to finish many games, but Hotline Miami was well worth the hours I put into it. I picked up Papers Please and Waking Mars the other day on sale. I'll probably get around to playing beyond the first few levels of each one day. I picked up Trine 2 the other day also.

Please let us know about Waking Mars. I've been curious about it. =)

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
16-08-2014, 04:48 AM
PC: Deus Ex

Xbox 360 - Fall out 3, New Vegas, Earth Defense Force 2025, Dark Souls

3DS - Pokemon X, Zelda remake of crap older game, Okamiden.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ