What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-08-2014, 01:36 AM
RE: What are you playing?
Diablo 3 on the boner. It's all I've played for the last couple days.
I have a 70 monk, 50 wd (hardcore), 50 dh, 45 crusader, 35 crusader (hardcore), 10 wizard, 10 barbar. Lvl 31 paragon. 50K+ monsters killed, 2,500 elites killed. My monk has 200K damage and 1mill toughness. 6 out of the 44 achievements to go.

Not a bad start I'd say.

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-08-2014, 08:56 PM
I downloaded Skyrim on my PC and now I'm on another kick! Addictions...

[+] 2 users Like Dark Light's post
24-08-2014, 10:16 PM
(24-08-2014 01:36 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Diablo 3 on the boner. It's all I've played for the last couple days.
I have a 70 monk, 50 wd (hardcore), 50 dh, 45 crusader, 35 crusader (hardcore), 10 wizard, 10 barbar. Lvl 31 paragon. 50K+ monsters killed, 2,500 elites killed. My monk has 200K damage and 1mill toughness. 6 out of the 44 achievements to go.

Not a bad start I'd say.

Did you import, or have you simply become one with your couch?

I got it last week and I've got one level 25 wizard

Also, why xbone? Serious question...
24-08-2014, 11:30 PM
Become one with my chair (I use a dinning room chair at my desk which is where my TV and laptop and boner are).

I actually got my wizard to lvl30 this morning.

Because boner > ps4.
Both can run games on 1080p 60frames. The plan for the xboner that pissed everyone off never happened. The people that made the xboner (whom were microsoft's tv people) have been replaced for gaming people so the focus is on gaming. Both are gaming consoles BUT the xboner is a gaming console with a trillion more features. Cheby > Troby. Xbox controler > ps4 controller. Kinect is amazeballs and having it included with every console was a stroke of genius (if everyone has one than game developers will develop for it) plus the voice commands are flawless. You don't need to input a 25digit code, simply hold up the barcode to the kinect camera. The servers are better on the boner. You get free games with live now.

Literally all the ps4 has going for it now is that it doesn't have a power brick but I never move my console so it's meaningless and irrelevant.
Oh, and ps4 has 1886 which looks fucking incredible. But xboner has plenty of good exclusives too.

25-08-2014, 12:22 AM
(24-08-2014 11:30 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Become one with my chair (I use a dinning room chair at my desk which is where my TV and laptop and boner are).

Because boner > ps4.
Both can run games on 1080p 60frames. The plan for the xboner that pissed everyone off never happened. The people that made the xboner (whom were microsoft's tv people) have been replaced for gaming people so the focus is on gaming. Both are gaming consoles BUT the xboner is a gaming console with a trillion more features. Cheby > Troby. Xbox controler > ps4 controller. Kinect is amazeballs and having it included with every console was a stroke of genius (if everyone has one than game developers will develop for it) plus the voice commands are flawless. You don't need to input a 25digit code, simply hold up the barcode to the kinect camera. The servers are better on the boner. You get free games with live now.

Literally all the ps4 has going for it now is that it doesn't have a power brick but I never move my console so it's meaningless and irrelevant.
Oh, and ps4 has 1886 which looks fucking incredible. But xboner has plenty of good exclusives too.

A rebuttal... Smartass

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
25-08-2014, 10:45 AM
Neither Sony's nor Microsoft's latest offerings tickled my fancy. I bought a PS3 to replace my broken one and got a new PC. For the first time in my life I will skip a console generation, probably.

Nintindo
Sega Genesis/SNES
Playstation
PS2
PS3/Wii
PC

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
25-08-2014, 04:57 PM
(24-08-2014 11:30 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Become one with my chair (I use a dinning room chair at my desk which is where my TV and laptop and boner are).

Because boner > ps4.

The PS4 & XBone are pretty similar, but there IS a clear hardware advantage on the PS4, which means that those 1080p 60fps games will still look better.

I did prefer the 360 control to the PS3 one. The PS4 controller is a solid improvement over the last (minus the options button location) and I havent tried the One controller, but I still prefer the 360 one to this anyway.

As far as features... I mean... What the hell do you actually use on there. I only play games and the rare movie on disc on the ps4. My TV handles Netflix, internet, media center streams and USB playback of music and video without the extra power draw and fan noise of consoles.

One feature I love on the PS4 is that I'm able to share digital games library with one friend. We take turns buying games, and can still play simultaneously on our own accounts with only one copy purchased.
26-08-2014, 04:30 AM
[Image: mo8tm3.jpg]

26-08-2014, 05:21 AM (This post was last modified: 26-08-2014 05:25 AM by earmuffs.)
Alright I'll finally bite.

Jimquisition is a fucking idiot who just loves to complain.
He's entertaining and I do like his videos but his opinion is just fucking that, his opinion. (I typed that in his voice).

Microsoft did fuck up the launch, monstrously so, but they know this because the consumer responded as such (by buying ps4 over the boner). This is good because it has forced Microsoft to change their tune and it highlights consumer power. People should be overjoyed Microsoft have changed their tune, this is exactly what we wanted, not criticizing and 'punishing' them for their past mistakes.

Microsoft are listening to their customers and are constantly patching new features (monthly) onto the xboner that people want/request. They're helping developers understand the console architecture so they can get the most out of the console (Diablo 3 being the latest example which Microsoft got Blizzard to patch it up to 1080p) and are constantly improving this area. The focus has been put back onto games. Microsoft know they fucked up and are basically sucking up to make up for it which is good for me, someone whom owns a xboner.

The kinect I still think is an incredible piece of hardware. Voice commands truly are amazing and make life so simple. "xbox, snap achievements" instantly brings up a side menu of the games achievements. I can do this for party or skype or any number of things. I don't need to press anything on my controller. Yes you don't need it but it's very convenient to have and easy to use. Jimquisition is a fucking moron. And Microsoft listened to customers and you can buy a kinect free version of the boner. Yea it means game developers might not be so inclined to develop for it but the fact that I use it so much already simply for easy navigation makes me glad I have it, let alone in-game use.

Quote:Neither Sony's nor Microsoft's latest offerings tickled my fancy. I bought a PS3 to replace my broken one and got a new PC. For the first time in my life I will skip a console generation, probably.

That's likely because you've only seen games that were developed pre-console launch. Trust me, games coming out in the future (and even some games already out ie: Ryse, Second Son) look extremely higher quality than the best quality on the 360 or ps3.

Quote:The PS4 & XBone are pretty similar, but there IS a clear hardware advantage on the PS4, which means that those 1080p 60fps games will still look better.

Marginally. And Microsoft is improving in this department.

Quote:I did prefer the 360 control to the PS3 one. The PS4 controller is a solid improvement over the last (minus the options button location) and I havent tried the One controller, but I still prefer the 360 one to this anyway.

The boner controller is like cupping the balls of an angel.

Quote:As far as features... I mean... What the hell do you actually use on there. I only play games and the rare movie on disc on the ps4. My TV handles Netflix, internet, media center streams and USB playback of music and video without the extra power draw and fan noise of consoles.

Admittedly, hardly anything. I don't even watch movies on mine, just play games.
But it's all the small things that I do use that the ps4 doesn't have. ie: If I snap achievements I can select an achievement and click a button and it will instantly google search that achievement for me which I can than select a site (the first one is always xboxachievements which is the best) and view it right on my boner I don't need to look it up on my laptop. It's small things like that that give the boner added convenience.
It's also the potential.

(26-08-2014 04:30 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  [Image: mo8tm3.jpg]

It's really not that big. It's the same size as my laptop but about double the thickness.

Long story short:
- The servers are better (for multiplayer and just in general)
- The controller is better
- The UI is better
- The game selection is on par if not better (though this is subject to change obviously and open to opinion)
- It looks almost the same as ps4 (game graphic wise) and in fact I would say Ryse is the best looking game of this generation of console, even better looking than Second Son. So far.
- Microsoft is more committed to improvement
- Has better features.

26-08-2014, 06:19 AM
(26-08-2014 05:21 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Alright I'll finally bite.

Jimquisition is a fucking idiot who just loves to complain.
He's entertaining and I do like his videos but his opinion is just fucking that, his opinion. (I typed that in his voice).

Microsoft did fuck up the launch, monstrously so, but they know this because the consumer responded as such (by buying ps4 over the boner). This is good because it has forced Microsoft to change their tune and it highlights consumer power. People should be overjoyed Microsoft have changed their tune, this is exactly what we wanted, not criticizing and 'punishing' them for their past mistakes.

Microsoft are listening to their customers and are constantly patching new features (monthly) onto the xboner that people want/request. They're helping developers understand the console architecture so they can get the most out of the console (Diablo 3 being the latest example which Microsoft got Blizzard to patch it up to 1080p) and are constantly improving this area. The focus has been put back onto games. Microsoft know they fucked up and are basically sucking up to make up for it which is good for me, someone whom owns a xboner.

The kinect I still think is an incredible piece of hardware. Voice commands truly are amazing and make life so simple. "xbox, snap achievements" instantly brings up a side menu of the games achievements. I can do this for party or skype or any number of things. I don't need to press anything on my controller. Yes you don't need it but it's very convenient to have and easy to use. Jimquisition is a fucking moron. And Microsoft listened to customers and you can buy a kinect free version of the boner. Yea it means game developers might not be so inclined to develop for it but the fact that I use it so much already simply for easy navigation makes me glad I have it, let alone in-game use.

Quote:Neither Sony's nor Microsoft's latest offerings tickled my fancy. I bought a PS3 to replace my broken one and got a new PC. For the first time in my life I will skip a console generation, probably.

That's likely because you've only seen games that were developed pre-console launch. Trust me, games coming out in the future (and even some games already out ie: Ryse, Second Son) look extremely higher quality than the best quality on the 360 or ps3.

Quote:The PS4 & XBone are pretty similar, but there IS a clear hardware advantage on the PS4, which means that those 1080p 60fps games will still look better.

Marginally. And Microsoft is improving in this department.

Quote:I did prefer the 360 control to the PS3 one. The PS4 controller is a solid improvement over the last (minus the options button location) and I havent tried the One controller, but I still prefer the 360 one to this anyway.

The boner controller is like cupping the balls of an angel.

Quote:As far as features... I mean... What the hell do you actually use on there. I only play games and the rare movie on disc on the ps4. My TV handles Netflix, internet, media center streams and USB playback of music and video without the extra power draw and fan noise of consoles.

Admittedly, hardly anything. I don't even watch movies on mine, just play games.
But it's all the small things that I do use that the ps4 doesn't have. ie: If I snap achievements I can select an achievement and click a button and it will instantly google search that achievement for me which I can than select a site (the first one is always xboxachievements which is the best) and view it right on my boner I don't need to look it up on my laptop. It's small things like that that give the boner added convenience.
It's also the potential.

(26-08-2014 04:30 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  [Image: mo8tm3.jpg]

It's really not that big. It's the same size as my laptop but about double the thickness.

Long story short:
- The servers are better (for multiplayer and just in general)
- The controller is better
- The UI is better
- The game selection is on par if not better (though this is subject to change obviously and open to opinion)
- It looks almost the same as ps4 (game graphic wise) and in fact I would say Ryse is the best looking game of this generation of console, even better looking than Second Son. So far.
- Microsoft is more committed to improvement
- Has better features.

[Image: PCMasterRacea0b4d59438882df208ede846da041bfd.png]

The latest Call of Duty was either at 60fps at 720p on the Xbone, or at sub 60fps and 1080p on the PS4. PC's are already running 4K resolutions.

[Image: resolutions_0.jpg]

Tongue