What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-08-2014, 07:47 AM
RE: What are you playing?
(26-08-2014 06:19 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(26-08-2014 05:21 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Alright I'll finally bite.

Jimquisition is a fucking idiot who just loves to complain.
He's entertaining and I do like his videos but his opinion is just fucking that, his opinion. (I typed that in his voice).

Microsoft did fuck up the launch, monstrously so, but they know this because the consumer responded as such (by buying ps4 over the boner). This is good because it has forced Microsoft to change their tune and it highlights consumer power. People should be overjoyed Microsoft have changed their tune, this is exactly what we wanted, not criticizing and 'punishing' them for their past mistakes.

Microsoft are listening to their customers and are constantly patching new features (monthly) onto the xboner that people want/request. They're helping developers understand the console architecture so they can get the most out of the console (Diablo 3 being the latest example which Microsoft got Blizzard to patch it up to 1080p) and are constantly improving this area. The focus has been put back onto games. Microsoft know they fucked up and are basically sucking up to make up for it which is good for me, someone whom owns a xboner.

The kinect I still think is an incredible piece of hardware. Voice commands truly are amazing and make life so simple. "xbox, snap achievements" instantly brings up a side menu of the games achievements. I can do this for party or skype or any number of things. I don't need to press anything on my controller. Yes you don't need it but it's very convenient to have and easy to use. Jimquisition is a fucking moron. And Microsoft listened to customers and you can buy a kinect free version of the boner. Yea it means game developers might not be so inclined to develop for it but the fact that I use it so much already simply for easy navigation makes me glad I have it, let alone in-game use.

That's likely because you've only seen games that were developed pre-console launch. Trust me, games coming out in the future (and even some games already out ie: Ryse, Second Son) look extremely higher quality than the best quality on the 360 or ps3.

Marginally. And Microsoft is improving in this department.

The boner controller is like cupping the balls of an angel.

Admittedly, hardly anything. I don't even watch movies on mine, just play games.
But it's all the small things that I do use that the ps4 doesn't have. ie: If I snap achievements I can select an achievement and click a button and it will instantly google search that achievement for me which I can than select a site (the first one is always xboxachievements which is the best) and view it right on my boner I don't need to look it up on my laptop. It's small things like that that give the boner added convenience.
It's also the potential.

It's really not that big. It's the same size as my laptop but about double the thickness.

Long story short:
- The servers are better (for multiplayer and just in general)
- The controller is better
- The UI is better
- The game selection is on par if not better (though this is subject to change obviously and open to opinion)
- It looks almost the same as ps4 (game graphic wise) and in fact I would say Ryse is the best looking game of this generation of console, even better looking than Second Son. So far.
- Microsoft is more committed to improvement
- Has better features.

[Image: PCMasterRacea0b4d59438882df208ede846da041bfd.png]

The latest Call of Duty was either at 60fps at 720p on the Xbone, or at sub 60fps and 1080p on the PS4. PC's are already running 4K resolutions.

[Image: resolutions_0.jpg]

Tongue

No argument here. #pcmasterraceftw

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
26-08-2014, 08:13 AM (This post was last modified: 26-08-2014 04:14 PM by Hash Green.)
I'm playing, Terraria. It's a 2D, sandbox-adventure, indi game that I got quickly addicted to. A lot of people say that it's "the 2D Minecraft," but I disagree. For me Terraria is concentrated more on the adventure. There is a variety of monsters that spawn on different biomes. Underground jungle. A dungeon. It's really fun, and I recommend it.
26-08-2014, 08:34 AM (This post was last modified: 26-08-2014 09:38 AM by WeAreTheCosmos.)
(26-08-2014 06:19 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  

He's entertaining and I do like his videos but his opinion is just fucking that, his opinion. (I typed that in his voice).

Microsoft did fuck up the launch, monstrously so, but they know this because the consumer responded as such (by buying ps4 over the boner). This is good because it has forced Microsoft to change their tune and it highlights consumer power. People should be overjoyed Microsoft have changed their tune, this is exactly what we wanted, not criticizing and 'punishing' them for their past mistakes.

Microsoft are listening to their customers and are constantly patching new features (monthly) onto the xboner that people want/request. They're helping developers understand the console architecture so they can get the most out of the console (Diablo 3 being the latest example which Microsoft got Blizzard to patch it up to 1080p) and are constantly improving this area. The focus has been put back onto games. Microsoft know they fucked up and are basically sucking up to make up for it which is good for me, someone whom owns a xboner.

The kinect I still think is an incredible piece of hardware. Voice commands truly are amazing and make life so simple. "xbox, snap achievements" instantly brings up a side menu of the games achievements. I can do this for party or skype or any number of things. I don't need to press anything on my controller. Yes you don't need it but it's very convenient to have and easy to use. Jimquisition is a fucking moron. And Microsoft listened to customers and you can buy a kinect free version of the boner. Yea it means game developers might not be so inclined to develop for it but the fact that I use it so much already simply for easy navigation makes me glad I have it, let alone in-game use.

That's likely because you've only seen games that were developed pre-console launch. Trust me, games coming out in the future (and even some games already out ie: Ryse, Second Son) look extremely higher quality than the best quality on the 360 or ps3.

Admittedly, hardly anything. I don't even watch movies on mine, just play games.
But it's all the small things that I do use that the ps4 doesn't have. ie: If I snap achievements I can select an achievement and click a button and it will instantly google search that achievement for me which I can than select a site (the first one is always xboxachievements which is the best) and view it right on my boner I don't need to look it up on my laptop. It's small things like that that give the boner added convenience.
It's also the potential.

It's really not that big. It's the same size as my laptop but about double the thickness.

Long story short:
- The UI is better
- The game selection is on par if not better (though this is subject to change obviously and open to opinion)
- It looks almost the same as ps4 (game graphic wise) and in fact I would say Ryse is the best looking game of this generation of console, even better looking than Second Son. So far.
- Has better features.

[Image: PCMasterRacea0b4d59438882df208ede846da041bfd.png]

The latest Call of Duty was either at 60fps at 720p on the Xbone, or at sub 60fps and 1080p on the PS4. PC's are already running 4K resolutions.

Tongue

That's why I have my PC output to my monitors (kitchen touch screen & office 1440p) and TV (living room). My ps4 is like a second-rate bedroom PC that serves to limit procrasterbation with sub par browser potential, while remaining capable of giving a fantastic gaming experience.
26-08-2014, 09:42 AM
(26-08-2014 08:34 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(26-08-2014 06:19 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  [Image: PCMasterRacea0b4d59438882df208ede846da041bfd.png]

Tongue

That's why I have my PC output to my monitors (kitchen touch screen & office 1440p) and TV (living room). My ps4 is like a second-rate bedroom PC that serves to limit procrasterbation with sub par browser potential, while remaining capable of giving a fantastic gaming experience.

Hell, whatever works for whatever you're looking for. I have a 3DS and I'm going to play the shit out of it once the new Smash Bros is released on it. Evil_monster

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
26-08-2014, 04:31 PM

Quote:Neither Sony's nor Microsoft's latest offerings tickled my fancy. I bought a PS3 to replace my broken one and got a new PC. For the first time in my life I will skip a console generation, probably.

Quote:The PS4 & XBone are pretty similar, but there IS a clear hardware advantage on the PS4, which means that those 1080p 60fps games will still look better.

Quote:I did prefer the 360 control to the PS3 one. The PS4 controller is a solid improvement over the last (minus the options button location) and I havent tried the One controller, but I still prefer the 360 one to this anyway.

Quote:As far as features... I mean... What the hell do you actually use on there. I only play games and the rare movie on disc on the ps4. My TV handles Netflix, internet, media center streams and USB playback of music and video without the extra power draw and fan noise of consoles.

It's also the potential.

(26-08-2014 04:30 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  [Image: mo8tm3.jpg]

Long story short:
- The UI is better
- Has better features.

Better hope Vosur doesn't find his way to this post. Do they teach English in NZ?

Bonerchamp! Big Grin

26-08-2014, 05:09 PM
(26-08-2014 04:31 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  

It's also the potential.

Long story short:
- The UI is better
- Has better features.

Better hope Vosur doesn't find his way to this post. Do they teach English in NZ?

Bonerchamp! Big Grin

Spelling was never a big factor in English class.
Do they teach sex-ed in America? Explain to you the dangers of making a baby with your sister?

26-08-2014, 07:07 PM
(26-08-2014 05:09 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(26-08-2014 04:31 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Better hope Vosur doesn't find his way to this post. Do they teach English in NZ?

Bonerchamp! Big Grin

Spelling was never a big factor in English class.
Do they teach sex-ed in America? Explain to you the dangers of making a baby with your sister?

A swing and a miss.

By the way, that's an idiom which means you attempted and failed.

While we are at it, an idiom is an expression whose meaning isn't predictable from the regular usage of the words. Drinking Beverage

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
26-08-2014, 07:18 PM (This post was last modified: 26-08-2014 08:48 PM by earmuffs.)
Yea it felt pretty stretching when I typed it. I originally typed "Do they teach gym? fatass" because I thought you were Tim for some reason so had to change it last minute.
I'll go back to my corner now. Sad

Oh and 70 monk, 53 wd (hardcore), 53 dh, 70 crusader, 40 crusader (hardcore), 30 wizard, 23 barbar. Lvl 31 paragon. 70K+ monsters killed, 3,000 elites killed.
Determined as hell to get 1000/1000 achievements for this game before Destiny. Just need like 300 more bounties, 4 more lvl70 characters and a couple easy achievements that I just need to go out of my way to do such as enchant all equipment slots.

26-08-2014, 11:26 PM
(26-08-2014 07:18 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Yea it felt pretty stretching when I typed it. I originally typed "Do they teach gym? fatass" because I thought you were Tim for some reason so had to change it last minute.

Oh and 70 monk, 53 wd (hardcore), 53 dh, 70 crusader, 40 crusader (hardcore), 30 wizard, 23 barbar. Lvl 31 paragon. 70K+ monsters killed, 3,000 elites killed.
Determined as hell to get 1000/1000 achievements for this game before Destiny. Just need like 300 more bounties, 4 more lvl70 characters and a couple easy achievements that I just need to go out of my way to do such as enchant all equipment slots.

So, how's that business planning coming along?

I'm here all night, folks.

26-08-2014, 11:33 PM
(26-08-2014 11:26 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(26-08-2014 07:18 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Yea it felt pretty stretching when I typed it. I originally typed "Do they teach gym? fatass" because I thought you were Tim for some reason so had to change it last minute.

So, how's that business planning coming along?

I'm here all night, folks.

Who can run a business with the minions of Hell rampaging through the countryside? Consider

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post