What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-09-2014, 03:37 PM
RE: What are you playing?
(02-09-2014 11:43 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  
(02-09-2014 03:35 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Too bad I was never remotely creative enough to build things like that.

And that all my rockets and such were deleted because KSP's money update essentially wrecked my career file and I just don't have it in my to restart.

You can actually just go into the program and adjust one or two simple lines with notebook++ and you'll have your old science game back with the option of either going back to sand-box or onto the money scheme. Check out the forums, I asked the exact same question and got the answer within a day or so. Smile

Hope that helps get you back into the game. Big Grin

Unfortunately not...

In a fit of extreme annoyance I deleted the saves, I had looked on the internet and never saw any solutions prior.

(02-09-2014 03:35 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Though I did, in my old Career file, manage to get the the KSP equivalent of Mars with a rover; my immediate thought was to use a tiny but effective skycrane; but I never used the clamp systems... Never quite figured them out. Instead I inverted a stack decoupler.

Oh, clever. To use the little (Or big, when you get them) clamps you just left click on the things (They glow a soft blue) and you get a little kind of drop down menu. You can decouple, 'Control from here' and a few other things.

Ah... stack de-couplers... is there nothing they can't help you do. Big Grin

My next big plan is to go inwards. To THE SUN! XD

Just the couple of probes I've managed to get in close shows me the ridonculous amount of fuel/DV I'm going to need to get in to Moho and such. Tongue

Thanks, now I just need to unlock everything again to get to that point.

Actually, outside of Kerbin, the Sun was the first thing I got orbit around. I was (and still am) in the habit of building obnoxiously large ships, 'cause you know, 'bigger is better, dur hur' and I managed to shoot right the hell pasted the Mun and got a bigass science ship in orbit of the sun. It was orbiting for fifty-odd years before I finally figured out how to turn on infinite fuel and it back to Kerbin...

Anyway; a good way I've read about when it comes to getting to far-off planets is to have a big fuck off refuelling station in high orbit around Kerbin or the Mun, but I've never been patient enough to figure it out.

(02-09-2014 03:35 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Out of curiosity, did you ever change your Rover's controls? I can tell you from experience, those things are a lot easier to drive around when you alter wheel keys to unoccupied keys, as opposed to default keys.

Hmmm... nope. Am pretty much just still mashing the 'wasd' keys and slaloming around on the Mun. Tongue

Best of luck adjusting things. Hope you have fun again with your game. Go looking, maybe, at Scott Manly's vids. Some of the new parts which might be going out in version 2.5 look frikkin' awesome. (Assuming they become legit pieces and not just gamer mods)

Much cheers to all.

Thanks, I am rapidly readjusting to the good ol' science. Though I could swear that you can't farm the stuff as much as before...

I'm already building decent, if dumb, rockets.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-09-2014, 04:10 PM
What are you playing?
Playing WoW still. Very disappointed there's no achievement for 11 level 90 characters. So, now I'm trying for Double Agent, max level char from both Horde and Alliance. It'll be interesting seeing all the zones I'm so familiar with from a different perspective.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
04-09-2014, 04:45 PM
(04-09-2014 04:10 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  Playing WoW still. Very disappointed there's no achievement for 11 level 90 characters. So, now I'm trying for Double Agent, max level char from both Horde and Alliance. It'll be interesting seeing all the zones I'm so familiar with from a different perspective.

Horde is very boring. Avoid the barrens, hell just level in dungeons if you are a tank or healer much quicker. My Shammy healer never left Orgrimmar until it was time to go to outlands.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
04-09-2014, 05:20 PM
What are you playing?
These toons are all 90 now. I'm mostly done with horde for the moment. I have another on another server where some friends are. And then this one alliance toon to complete for an achievement.

When I logged in I almost immediately got a random guild invite so I joined for giggles. Turns out to be a decent group. One member felt sorry for my very old toon who could only ride SLOW ground mounts and was leveling in Outland. So he paid my 250g for the first level if flying.

04-09-2014, 05:31 PM
No, don't make me play WoW again. Weeping

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
04-09-2014, 05:32 PM
(04-09-2014 04:45 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(04-09-2014 04:10 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  Playing WoW still. Very disappointed there's no achievement for 11 level 90 characters. So, now I'm trying for Double Agent, max level char from both Horde and Alliance. It'll be interesting seeing all the zones I'm so familiar with from a different perspective.

Horde is very boring. Avoid the barrens, hell just level in dungeons if you are a tank or healer much quicker. My Shammy healer never left Orgrimmar until it was time to go to outlands.

Even better if you're a tank (my main was pally tank). Instant ques.
04-09-2014, 05:39 PM
(04-09-2014 05:20 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  These toons are all 90 now. I'm mostly done with horde for the moment. I have another on another server where some friends are. And then this one alliance toon to complete for an achievement.

When I logged in I almost immediately got a random guild invite so I joined for giggles. Turns out to be a decent group. One member felt sorry for my very old toon who could only ride SLOW ground mounts and was leveling in Outland. So he paid my 250g for the first level if flying.

Well for ally side do either the human chain (goldshire on) or stick with the Night elfs on Kalimdor.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
04-09-2014, 05:40 PM
(04-09-2014 05:32 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(04-09-2014 04:45 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Horde is very boring. Avoid the barrens, hell just level in dungeons if you are a tank or healer much quicker. My Shammy healer never left Orgrimmar until it was time to go to outlands.

Even better if you're a tank (my main was pally tank). Instant ques.

Actually for leveling healers get quicker ques than tanks especially from mid 40's on.

04-09-2014, 05:44 PM
What are you playing?
(04-09-2014 05:40 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(04-09-2014 05:32 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Even better if you're a tank (my main was pally tank). Instant ques.

Actually for leveling healers get quicker ques than tanks especially from mid 40's on.

Disagree, from much experience. Tanks still get instant quests 90% of the time. My priest had to wait on average 3-5 minutes for quests.

There is the occasional odd delay for a tank though. The fact that it's so jarring is telling though.

As for this alliance toon, I picked my highest level toon, a 60. So the whole beginning quest chains will be lost for me which is fine. Besides, these days you whoosh past the first 60 levels so quickly any way.

I gained 3 levels just this morning from running instances back to back. Lucky me getting in with a tank that couldn't stop.

04-09-2014, 05:46 PM
(04-09-2014 05:44 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  
(04-09-2014 05:40 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Actually for leveling healers get quicker ques than tanks especially from mid 40's on.

Disagree, from much experience. Tanks still get instant quests 90% of the time. My priest had to wait on average 3-5 minutes for quests.

There is the occasional odd delay for a tank though. The fact that it's so jarring is telling though.

As for this alliance toon, I picked my highest level toon, a 60. So the whole beginning quest chains will be lost for me which is fine. Besides, these days you whoosh past the first 60 levels so quickly any way.

I gained 3 levels just this morning from running instances back to back. Lucky me getting in with a tank that couldn't stop.

When the DK's come into play (mid 50's) heals become scarce as no one wants to heal them raggedy noobs.