What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-01-2014, 09:27 AM
RE: What are you playing?
Mostly playing BF3, Payday 2, Saints Row 3, GTAV, and Sleeping Dogs.
Why? Because I got them all for free Big Grin

Atir aissom atir imon
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Im_Ryan's post
08-01-2014, 09:42 AM
Candy Crush Saga. It's addictive ya know.
08-01-2014, 10:38 AM
(08-01-2014 09:42 AM)NoraBrimstone Wrote:  Candy Crush Saga. It's addictive ya know.

Apparently it is, but with the millions of facebook notifications I already hate it... just my humble opinion though

Atir aissom atir imon
08-01-2014, 10:53 AM
(07-01-2014 12:06 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(06-01-2014 05:16 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Not with my laptop.
It plays some games great, but it can't play things like bf4.

Not to mention anything you want to do on a desktop just about doubles the price of a laptop, but with the only advantage being mobility (seriously, getting the performance of a $1K desktop would cost you upwards of $2K). You lose the ability to easily upgrade or replace parts that break. Also any PC game worth playing is worth playing with a mouse and not a touch pad, so you'll have to sit it down someplace you can use a mouse; and so might as well just have a desktop.

Very true, I prefer my laptop due to its mobility (taking it in for duty is a nice option), it is an Alienware M17X with i7 triple overclocked processor....can play any game out...three years old, still havent had to upgrade anything Smile

But it is twice the price of a comparable desk top model for sure.

[Image: 2v8h5b8.jpg]

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
08-01-2014, 01:23 PM
(03-01-2014 09:50 AM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  I'm enjoying Last Light also, but damn there's a lot of bugs on the Mac version!

buy a real pc nex time

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
08-01-2014, 02:18 PM
What are you playing?
(08-01-2014 01:23 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  
(03-01-2014 09:50 AM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  I'm enjoying Last Light also, but damn there's a lot of bugs on the Mac version!

buy a real pc nex time

Actually, I have a Windows system too. I've also had a chance to try a nice MacBook Pro running Windows. If money was no concern I'd be buying one for myself and dual booting. Nicest computer I've ever used.

But, I did manage to temporarily resurrect my Acer laptop by borrowing a smaller HD for it. It's good to know that was the only problem.

Installed Path of Exile and started playing again. It's not much different than it was during Beta, but I am enjoying the new Scion class and her Spectral Weapon gem. I may be playing it for a bit now.

Had forgotten how hot my system gets when playing. Almost burned my fingers on the edge. I need a better cooling pad. Can't seem to find a decent one.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
08-01-2014, 04:23 PM
Jesus, how does your system continue to operate at that heat?
I'd thought it would just shut off before it gets that hot.

My PC shuts off at around 90-120 degrees C.
08-01-2014, 05:38 PM
What are you playing?
(08-01-2014 04:23 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Jesus, how does your system continue to operate at that heat?
I'd thought it would just shut off before it gets that hot.

My PC shuts off at around 90-120 degrees C.

Yeah I'm sure once it reaches the wrong temp it will shut down. My daughter had an Acer as well, very similar design to mine. It started having heat problems and shutting off spontaneously in the middle of things. I fear it may only be a matter of time before mine begins to do the same.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
10-01-2014, 03:50 AM
(08-01-2014 10:53 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(07-01-2014 12:06 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Not to mention anything you want to do on a desktop just about doubles the price of a laptop, but with the only advantage being mobility (seriously, getting the performance of a $1K desktop would cost you upwards of $2K). You lose the ability to easily upgrade or replace parts that break. Also any PC game worth playing is worth playing with a mouse and not a touch pad, so you'll have to sit it down someplace you can use a mouse; and so might as well just have a desktop.

Very true, I prefer my laptop due to its mobility (taking it in for duty is a nice option), it is an Alienware M17X with i7 triple overclocked processor....can play any game out...three years old, still havent had to upgrade anything Smile

But it is twice the price of a comparable desk top model for sure.

[Image: 2v8h5b8.jpg]

An Alienware too? Try triple the price of a self-built desktop... Tongue

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
10-01-2014, 04:16 AM
(07-01-2014 02:37 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Also this thing about precise aiming is such bullshit. I can (or could back in the day) shoot the wings of a fly in mid flight with an xbox controller on any game.
Plus, everyone's on a level playing field, everyone's using a controller. It's not like you're up against mice and keyboards.

The consoles don't lend themselves to old-school twitch shooters, like Quake III Arena, Unreal Tournament, and Counter-Strike. They seem to either gravitate to smooth and slow bullet hose shooters like HALO and Borderlands, or ones with massive aim assist like Call of Duty. There is a lose of precision in movement going from a stick to a keyboard, and that's something that throws a lot of people off. Aiming in PC shooters is almost all done with the mouse, whereas if you watch a console player you'll notice that they typically rely on their movement comparatively more to help line up shots.

Hell, I started out on the N64 using the standard setup for Turok: Dinosaur Hunter (control stick for aim, the 4 C buttons for movement), and that set me up for easy domination among my friend whenever we played Goldeneye and Perfect Dark; as I was the only one in the group with experience moving and accurately shooting (without any auto-aim) at the same time. But then the next generation came out and now I was an odd-ball because I used the 'Southpaw' setup and aimed with my left stick instead of the right one, and this set me back in third-person shooters like Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction and Destroy All Humans. Then I started the Game Art Design program at AIP and was exposed to Unreal Tournament 2004 as part of my work in level design. My first big competitive online shooter was Day of Defeat: Source, followed up by Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Team Fortress 2 (FUCK YOUR HATS VALVE). I haven't really cared for competitive shooters since, and instead play mostly single-player RPG's and shooters (Fallout, Skyrim, Deux Ex, Dishonored, Far Cry, Saints Row) or cooperative shooters (Kill Many Robots, Killing Floor, PAYDAY 2).

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post