What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-09-2014, 11:11 PM
RE: What are you playing?
Borderlands. Just got it for PC because why not.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-09-2014, 05:17 PM
EU4. Playing Prussia trying to form Germany which is proving to be a bitch. The last few provinces I need are owned by 3 tiny one province minor countries that I can't attack because they're in a coalition against me with France and France is some sort of super-human god country at the moment. But as soon as I suck up to France and they leave the coalition against me those OPM nations are fuuuuuuucked.

Also doing the Vault of Glass raid on Destiny. We're up to the final boss.
28-09-2014, 09:26 PM (This post was last modified: 29-09-2014 04:54 AM by EvolutionKills.)
Diablo III

The 2.0 Updates look good on paper, and it still has the ability to experiment and reconfigure your skills on the fly (which always pissed me off in other games, like Diablo II and Torchlight 2). The abysmal Auction House is gone, and I like the new scaling difficulty; but only time will tell if it still feels balanced at higher levels. Where in the close-to-release version (the last time I had played) the game got fucking ridicules at higher levels and required farming for gear to advance (made all the worse because the drop rates were scaled for a MMO economy and the aforementioned auction house), and I say fuck that; this is Diablo not a goddamn MMO. If I want to deal with that bullshit, I'll go play Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Going with a brand new Wizard, and created a Seasonal one too. Figured I'd just start from scratch, because I honestly don't remember enough about the end-game to jump right back into it. Plus I want to see how well 2.0 scales the hardness across an entire play-through. So if I can make it to Lv60 and I still want more, maybe then I'll get the Reaper of Souls expansion.

Maybe.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
29-09-2014, 04:09 AM
(28-09-2014 09:26 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Diablo III

The 2.0 Updates look good on paper, and it still has the ability to experiment and reconfigure your skills on the fly (which always pissed me off in other games, like Diablo II and Torchlight 2). The abysmal Auction House is gone, and I like the new scaling difficulty; but only time will tell if it still feels balanced at higher levels. Where in the close-to-release version (the last time I had played) the game got fucking ridicules at higher levels and required farming for gear to advance (made all the worse because the drop rates were scaled for a MMO economy and the aforementioned auction house), and I say fuck that; this is Diablo not a goddamn MMO. If I want to deal with that bullshit, and I'll play Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Going with a brand new Wizard, and created a Seasonal one too. Figured I'd just start from scratch, because I honestly don't remember enough about the end-game to jump right back into it. Plus I want to see how well 2.0 scales the hardness across an entire play-through. So if I can make it to Lv60 and I still want more, maybe then I'll get the Reaper of Souls expansion.

Maybe.

RoS is an expansion? Hmmm, the recently released PS4 version came with RoS, level 70 cap, and then 'paragon' levels after that. The paragon points can be assigned to things like STR, DEX, crit chance, movement speed, etc. And can be reset at anytime with no drawbacks.

I honestly think that the game would have been too short without RoS. Like, "money back NOW" pissed-off short. It took a million years to make, and its still lacking so many things.
29-09-2014, 04:50 AM
(29-09-2014 04:09 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(28-09-2014 09:26 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Diablo III

The 2.0 Updates look good on paper, and it still has the ability to experiment and reconfigure your skills on the fly (which always pissed me off in other games, like Diablo II and Torchlight 2). The abysmal Auction House is gone, and I like the new scaling difficulty; but only time will tell if it still feels balanced at higher levels. Where in the close-to-release version (the last time I had played) the game got fucking ridicules at higher levels and required farming for gear to advance (made all the worse because the drop rates were scaled for a MMO economy and the aforementioned auction house), and I say fuck that; this is Diablo not a goddamn MMO. If I want to deal with that bullshit, and I'll play Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Maybe.

RoS is an expansion? Hmmm, the recently released PS4 version came with RoS, level 70 cap, and then 'paragon' levels after that. The paragon points can be assigned to things like STR, DEX, crit chance, movement speed, etc. And can be reset at anytime with no drawbacks.

I honestly think that the game would have been too short without RoS. Like, "money back NOW" pissed-off short. It took a million years to make, and its still lacking so many things.

PC dude, PC. I have the original PC release of Diablo III, but Blizzard wants another $35 to 'upgrade' my base game to the Reaper of Souls. It says so right there in the BattleNet launcher for the game, and I cannot currently make a Crusader in game. So yeah, I had better be really enjoying myself come the level cap, or I'm not laying down more money... Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
29-09-2014, 05:20 PM
Well I finally managed to form Germany.

[Image: 313ptoz.jpg]

From a three province minor to the second strongest nation in the game with the best troops (just not enough of them at the moment.).
30-09-2014, 08:19 AM
(29-09-2014 05:20 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Well I finally managed to form Germany.

From a three province minor to the second strongest nation in the game with the best troops (just not enough of them at the moment.).

Be kind to "little" Norway if you conquer it, dispite it looks rather more buffed up that I'm used to; must be the map type.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
30-09-2014, 04:39 PM
(30-09-2014 08:19 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  
(29-09-2014 05:20 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Well I finally managed to form Germany.

Be kind to "little" Norway if you conquer it, dispite it looks rather more buffed up that I'm used to; must be the map type.

Yea that map's not entirely world accurate. It's got the places all right and stuff but some of the shapes are a little off. In that particular game Norway did lose its northern provinces to Sweden.

Norway has a pretty rough time in this game actually. Sweden is a fairly strong country because Paradox (developers) are Swedish so they favor Sweden (and make no secret of it) and Norway starts under a personal union under Denmark (they're ruled by Denmark as you most likely know of Norwegian history of that time). So they either a) get integrated into Denmark or b) Sweden breaks free from Danish rule and attacks Denmark (and Norway as a result) but because the Danish navy is very strong, the Swedes can't attack the Danish isles and so they end up just steam rolling Norway and taking a bunch of Norwegian provinces.

ALSO if it doesn't get any worse for Norway, they hold those islands at the very tip of the British isles and so eventually Norway will be attacked by either England or Great Britain (if GB was formed).
30-09-2014, 04:47 PM
(30-09-2014 04:39 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(30-09-2014 08:19 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  Be kind to "little" Norway if you conquer it, dispite it looks rather more buffed up that I'm used to; must be the map type.

Yea that map's not entirely world accurate. It's got the places all right and stuff but some of the shapes are a little off. In that particular game Norway did lose its northern provinces to Sweden.

Norway has a pretty rough time in this game actually. Sweden is a fairly strong country because Paradox (developers) are Swedish so they favor Sweden (and make no secret of it) and Norway starts under a personal union under Denmark (they're ruled by Denmark as you most likely know of Norwegian history of that time). So they either a) get integrated into Denmark or b) Sweden breaks free from Danish rule and attacks Denmark (and Norway as a result) but because the Danish navy is very strong, the Swedes can't attack the Danish isles and so they end up just steam rolling Norway and taking a bunch of Norwegian provinces.

ALSO if it doesn't get any worse for Norway, they hold those islands at the very tip of the British isles and so eventually Norway will be attacked by either England or Great Britain (if GB was formed).

Oh well. It's not like there's much to get from Norway anyway if you were to conquer it. I don't know if the game implements that the far upper half of the country was desired because it was there steel was transported from Sweden to the coast, but that's pretty much all I can think of; aside from fish maybe.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
30-09-2014, 05:06 PM
(30-09-2014 04:47 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  
(30-09-2014 04:39 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Yea that map's not entirely world accurate. It's got the places all right and stuff but some of the shapes are a little off. In that particular game Norway did lose its northern provinces to Sweden.

Oh well. It's not like there's much to get from Norway anyway if you were to conquer it. I don't know if the game implements that the far upper half of the country was desired because it was there steel was transported from Sweden to the coast, but that's pretty much all I can think of; aside from fish maybe.

Dark blue is fish, normal blue is naval supplies (wood). The dark grey province is unknown resource, I think it might change each game or something I don't know why it's grey I'll have to check it in game (edit: actually I think it might be salt). The brown in Sweden is fur and the orange is copper. Yellow/white is grain. Light grey is iron.
http://www.eu4wiki.com/images/0/0c/Trade_good_map.png

Fish is pretty much the least profitable resource in the game. There's a 50% demand penalty on provinces that produce grain (the most produced thing in the game) and so there's not much demand for it and a lot of production (the third most produced resource) so fish is never worth much.

So no, northern Norway is not very desirable.
The taxation is also very low.

Poor little Norway. All it really has going for it is that it can be a pretty good colonial power if it is able to break free from Denmark. Denmark can also become pretty weak and Sweden tends to make a lot of enemies with it's neighbors (mainly the Russian states) so Norway can usually make some good alliances to help against it's Scandinavian brothers.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post