01-10-2014, 09:40 AM
RE: What are you playing?
Wasteland 2
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-10-2014, 09:40 PM
Shadow of Mordor.

Only a couple missions into it. Met Gollum. Ran around a bit and unlocked the whole map. Its small and not varied much; its basically just the valley of Mordor. I would have preferred a few outlying areas with maybe some vegetation.

The combat is impressive, and the nemesis system is original and fun; and it really works well. Your character is bound to a wraith spirit, so when you die, time advances and whoever killed you may be promoted or get into a duel with another captain. When you resurrect, you now have potential revenge missions, or more powerful enemies. You can also turn enemies against each other and manipulate footsoldiers.

So far I'm a bit disappointed with the map you can run across in a few minutes, but it seems like a pretty solid game!
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
01-10-2014, 09:50 PM
(01-10-2014 09:40 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  Shadow of Mordor.

Only a couple missions into it. Met Gollum. Ran around a bit and unlocked the whole map. Its small and not varied much; its basically just the valley of Mordor. I would have preferred a few outlying areas with maybe some vegetation.

The combat is impressive, and the nemesis system is original and fun; and it really works well. Your character is bound to a wraith spirit, so when you die, time advances and whoever killed you may be promoted or get into a duel with another captain. When you resurrect, you now have potential revenge missions, or more powerful enemies. You can also turn enemies against each other and manipulate footsoldiers.

So far I'm a bit disappointed with the map you can run across in a few minutes, but it seems like a pretty solid game!

Shadows of Mordor??!! What!? But.. I thought.. November...

[Image: oscar.png]
02-10-2014, 09:05 AM
(01-10-2014 09:50 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(01-10-2014 09:40 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  Shadow of Mordor.

Shadows of Mordor??!! What!? But.. I thought.. November...

You have an XBO, stop looking at last gen release dates. Our consoles have priority now.

And it really does bother me that the map is so small, and the only friendlies you regularly encounter outside of missions are slaves... I'm pretty sure that the draw distance renders buildings from opposite sides of the map...
02-10-2014, 12:21 PM
Downloaded Battlefield Bad Co 2 for nowt on Xbox Live... Campaign was very short, started it last night, finished it this afternoon. I'll see what the multiplayer is like.

Can't complain though... It was free.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-10-2014, 01:53 PM
Bollocks to it... No one's playing online anymore.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-10-2014, 11:17 PM
(28-09-2014 09:26 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Diablo III

The 2.0 Updates look good on paper, and it still has the ability to experiment and reconfigure your skills on the fly (which always pissed me off in other games, like Diablo II and Torchlight 2). The abysmal Auction House is gone, and I like the new scaling difficulty; but only time will tell if it still feels balanced at higher levels. Where in the close-to-release version (the last time I had played) the game got fucking ridicules at higher levels and required farming for gear to advance (made all the worse because the drop rates were scaled for a MMO economy and the aforementioned auction house), and I say fuck that; this is Diablo not a goddamn MMO. If I want to deal with that bullshit, I'll go play Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Going with a brand new Wizard, and created a Seasonal one too. Figured I'd just start from scratch, because I honestly don't remember enough about the end-game to jump right back into it. Plus I want to see how well 2.0 scales the hardness across an entire play-through. So if I can make it to Lv60 and I still want more, maybe then I'll get the Reaper of Souls expansion.

Maybe.

Well, so far the game feels like a marked improvement. Been playing it on Hard right off the bat, and with the 75% increases in XP and Gold, I hit Lv.32 with my Wizard before the end of Act I. For reference, my previous highest level character (and pre-Update 2.0) was a Lv.47 Barbarian that was on her third play-through and had reached the Act III. My second highest character was a Lv.37 Wizard, which was on it's second play-through and had made it to Act II already. Not only that, but I'm consistently finding more loot that is useful for my character, with most of the rare and all of the Legendary gear I've found so far being useful (and all geared for Intelligence and Vitality boosting, even my current Legendary Claymore of all things).

Overall, this is a much better experience than what I played just after launch. It retains all of the things that I really liked; such as the instant and penalty free skill re-spec that allowing you to try out everything and use what you think is most effective for the current crop of enemies and your equipment, rather than shoehorning you into a particular build. With the removal of the Auction House and the re-balancing of the loot drop system and the hardness settings, I'm very much enjoying my time with the game now.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
08-10-2014, 05:22 PM
I'm about to play some Shadows of Mordor.

08-10-2014, 07:29 PM
(08-10-2014 05:22 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I'm about to play some Shadows of Mordor.

I hadn't really played the Arkham games, but apparently combat is similar. When I started SoM, I died a few times, which made the captains more powerful, and I got powerful runes from them after killing them.

Now though, I'm so good at the game, I literally just finished a side mission in a pit swarmed with enemies, and managed to kill 50 without being hit once... Then chased down about 10 of the fleeing survivors (after mission ended). I've nearly cleared the entire board of captains and warchiefs. So when I do die, there will be some 10 minute sequence of promotions and mystery captains being introduced. I'm actually thinking of allowing some lucky uruks to kill me, then let them live through about 10 encounters just so I can harvest them for more powerful runes.
10-10-2014, 03:57 PM
This game is great! It does stealth so nicely, why can't Assassin's Creed (a stealth game) be exactly like this game? How many AC games are there? and they're still all utter rubbish.. 1 Shadow of Mordor comes along and it makes AC look like an EA game.

Combat is nice and gets easier once you get the hang of executions plus all the stealth options are good as are the bow options (shadow strike ftw). I don't know what you're complaining about the map being small for, it's a great size. It's large enough that it feels open world but small enough so that they jam heaps of interesting points in and you're not spending half your time walking through nothingness to get from a to b (ie: watchdogs). The nemesis system is amazing. Unique and well executed and great fun to manipulate. Graphics are nice (next gen ftw). Story so far is nice (though I'm a huge lotr so there's that). Side missions to rescue slaves are a pain in the ass though but you don't need to do them at all. Collectables are nice (and show up on the map wooo! love that). Enemies look nice, I don't feel like I'm fighting the same uruk over and over. Movement is a tad clunky but nothing to worry about. The leveling system and rune system are nice, especially like how the rune system works. The look into the mind of any uruk is nice. The make any uruk eventually into a warchief is nice. They remember you if you had a previous encounter is very nice. I sliced a huge chunk off the side of an uruk captains head and next time I saw him he had a big metal plate thing on his head and was rather pissed off.

It's just a fun great game. I'm happy with it.