What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-10-2014, 11:02 PM
RE: What are you playing?
(30-10-2014 02:46 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(25-10-2014 08:01 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Goat Simulator for Android.
No, seriously.

Read this.

http://www.pcgamer.com/a-goat-farmer-rev...champagne/

Do it.

I've been playing Dragon Age 2 again.
Still sticking with my wise-cracking Rogue Hawke. I'm currently stuck on the Arishok fight; I can't win the duel with him, since I'm a spindly little back-stabber and fighting an opponent head on like that is not conducive to my survival.

I can't seem to win the alternative fight, probably as I lack a healer and my two tanks aren't all that great at tanking... They just get totally overwhelmed by shear numbers...

All else fails, attack and run away. Just do one or two attacks between his animations, and run away from him at all other times. He does leave himself open, you just have to wait for it. I've beaten him with a Rogue (dual wield), Warrior (two-handed), and Mage (Primal).

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-10-2014, 11:32 PM
(31-10-2014 11:02 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(30-10-2014 02:46 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Read this.

http://www.pcgamer.com/a-goat-farmer-rev...champagne/

Do it.

I've been playing Dragon Age 2 again.
Still sticking with my wise-cracking Rogue Hawke. I'm currently stuck on the Arishok fight; I can't win the duel with him, since I'm a spindly little back-stabber and fighting an opponent head on like that is not conducive to my survival.

I can't seem to win the alternative fight, probably as I lack a healer and my two tanks aren't all that great at tanking... They just get totally overwhelmed by shear numbers...

All else fails, attack and run away. Just do one or two attacks between his animations, and run away from him at all other times. He does leave himself open, you just have to wait for it. I've beaten him with a Rogue (dual wield), Warrior (two-handed), and Mage (Primal).

I've tried that. However, he has a tendency to hit me without hitting me and also enjoys healing.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
01-11-2014, 12:25 AM
(31-10-2014 11:32 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(31-10-2014 11:02 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  All else fails, attack and run away. Just do one or two attacks between his animations, and run away from him at all other times. He does leave himself open, you just have to wait for it. I've beaten him with a Rogue (dual wield), Warrior (two-handed), and Mage (Primal).

I've tried that. However, he has a tendency to hit me without hitting me and also enjoys healing.

I don't know what else to tell you, as I can't play it for you and you know your character's build better than I do. Have you tried lowering the difficulty just for the fight?

01-11-2014, 12:47 AM
(01-11-2014 12:25 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(31-10-2014 11:32 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  I've tried that. However, he has a tendency to hit me without hitting me and also enjoys healing.

I don't know what else to tell you, as I can't play it for you and you know your character's build better than I do. Have you tried lowering the difficulty just for the fight?

I think I might just do that...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
01-11-2014, 01:13 AM
Your problem is you have two tanks and you're a rogue..
That's three melee characters (assuming you're not bow).

If you made Alister a tank and had that healer dude as mage dps/heals than you'd be better off.

Also, arcane warrior ftw.
01-11-2014, 01:51 AM
(01-11-2014 01:13 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Your problem is you have two tanks and you're a rogue..

If you made Alister a tank and had that healer dude as mage dps/heals than you'd be better off.

Wrong game, Muffs; thankfully there is no Alistair to be seen... Outside a cameo of course.

I'd like to try to justify my party choice: Last game, I went through as an elemental mage, time before that a two-handed warrior; both times I had Anders in tow as a healer; this game I had hoped to avoid using Anders where possible because constantly relying on the same characters is getting stale.

For the most of the game, my party of Fenris, Aveline, Varric and my stabby-stabby self has worked with only minor problems...

01-11-2014, 01:51 AM
(01-11-2014 01:13 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Your problem is you have two tanks and you're a rogue..

1 - Wrong game, he's talking about Dragon Age II.

2 - It's a scripted one-on-one fight against the Arishok.

[Image: Arishokpaint.jpg]

01-11-2014, 02:06 AM
(01-11-2014 01:51 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I'd like to try to justify my party choice: Last game, I went through as an elemental mage, time before that a two-handed warrior; both times I had Anders in tow as a healer; this game I had hoped to avoid using Anders where possible because constantly relying on the same characters is getting stale.

For the most of the game, my party of Fenris, Aveline, Varric and my stabby-stabby self has worked with only minor problems...

My preferred setup is...

Myself as either male (good-two-shoes) Primal mage, or a female (sarcastic-as-fuck) Elemental mage.

Varric - Because he is the plot deliverer. He's also got consistent DPS with his ever upgrading crossbow Bianca, so I can dump a lot of point into Skill and make him the de facto lock-picker.

Aveline - She's the tank.

Love Interest - I've already got the spells, healing, lock-picking, and the tank. So this will be whoever I'm schmoozing or whoever I need for a particular mission. This spot is usually occupied by Merrill or Isabella.

[Image: Merrill_Portrait.png]

[Image: Isabela%20Compare--article_image.jpg]

Overall, I still think DAII had the better supporting cast.

[Image: dragon_age_2_company_by_zet-d3bq7mj.png]

[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
01-11-2014, 02:41 AM
(01-11-2014 02:06 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(01-11-2014 01:51 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I'd like to try to justify my party choice: Last game, I went through as an elemental mage, time before that a two-handed warrior; both times I had Anders in tow as a healer; this game I had hoped to avoid using Anders where possible because constantly relying on the same characters is getting stale.

My preferred setup is...

Myself as either male (good-two-shoes) Primal mage, or a female (sarcastic-as-fuck) Elemental mage.

Varric - Because he is the plot deliverer. He's also got consistent DPS with his ever upgrading crossbow Bianca, so I can dump a lot of point into Skill and make him the de facto lock-picker.

Aveline - She's the tank.

Love Interest - I've already got the spells, healing, lock-picking, and the tank. So this will be whoever I'm schmoozing or whoever I need for a particular mission. This spot is usually occupied by Merrill or Isabella.

Heh, that's the main reason I like to keep Varric around too; it'd feel weird having him recount the Champion's tale without actually being there. Plus I like his area of effect abilities.
And you mean dump points into cunning, right?

I've always used Aveline as... something like a tank at least...

Outside of this play through, I've had Anders do most of my healing.

I can't say I've ever pursued a romance in DAII; always felt like Hawke had better things do be doing... Plus I'm not particularly fond of any companion enough to take the time.

01-11-2014, 02:47 AM
Oh right. It's been a while since I played the DA series.