What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-11-2014, 02:47 AM
RE: What are you playing?
Playing Sunset Overdrive and The Banner Saga.
Nope, haven't played the EU4 expansion yet. I know, I know.

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-11-2014, 02:53 AM
(01-11-2014 02:47 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Oh right. It's been a while since I played the DA series.

Maybe you should rectify that.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
01-11-2014, 03:15 AM
(01-11-2014 02:41 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(01-11-2014 02:06 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  My preferred setup is...

Myself as either male (good-two-shoes) Primal mage, or a female (sarcastic-as-fuck) Elemental mage.

Varric - Because he is the plot deliverer. He's also got consistent DPS with his ever upgrading crossbow Bianca, so I can dump a lot of point into Skill and make him the de facto lock-picker.

Aveline - She's the tank.

Love Interest - I've already got the spells, healing, lock-picking, and the tank. So this will be whoever I'm schmoozing or whoever I need for a particular mission. This spot is usually occupied by Merrill or Isabella.

Heh, that's the main reason I like to keep Varric around too; it'd feel weird having him recount the Champion's tale without actually being there. Plus I like his area of effect abilities.
And you mean dump points into cunning, right?

I've always used Aveline as... something like a tank at least...

Outside of this play through, I've had Anders do most of my healing.

I can't say I've ever pursued a romance in DAII; always felt like Hawke had better things do be doing... Plus I'm not particularly fond of any companion enough to take the time.

Right, Cunning.

Anders is the only romance I haven't explored, if only because he went from 'CATS LOL' to 'THIS SHIT SUCKS' and goes off the proverbial deep end. So I think it would be a bit awkward to romance him, only to then kill him myself in the end anyways. I mean, lets face it, you kill people for a whole lot less then terrorist-bombing a Chantry Temple containing the bastion of peace herself Grand Cleric Elthina.

[Image: dragon_age_2_ander__s_awakening_by_fish_box-d3boajz.png]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
01-11-2014, 03:18 AM
Also, this...

[Image: da2__anders_has_kittens_by_runaire-d3btj7t.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
02-11-2014, 04:57 AM
I recently got back in Empire Total War. I forgot just how brutal the battles are, and how ridiculously loud.

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
02-11-2014, 06:24 AM
(01-11-2014 02:41 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(01-11-2014 02:06 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  My preferred setup is...

Myself as either male (good-two-shoes) Primal mage, or a female (sarcastic-as-fuck) Elemental mage.

Varric - Because he is the plot deliverer. He's also got consistent DPS with his ever upgrading crossbow Bianca, so I can dump a lot of point into Skill and make him the de facto lock-picker.

Aveline - She's the tank.

Love Interest - I've already got the spells, healing, lock-picking, and the tank. So this will be whoever I'm schmoozing or whoever I need for a particular mission. This spot is usually occupied by Merrill or Isabella.

Heh, that's the main reason I like to keep Varric around too; it'd feel weird having him recount the Champion's tale without actually being there. Plus I like his area of effect abilities.

I can't say I've ever pursued a romance in DAII; always felt like Hawke had better things do be doing... Plus I'm not particularly fond of any companion enough to take the time.

If it were real life I'd totally take up blood magic to get with Merrill.

'Murican Canadian
02-11-2014, 06:30 AM
(02-11-2014 06:24 AM)yakherder Wrote:  
(01-11-2014 02:41 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Heh, that's the main reason I like to keep Varric around too; it'd feel weird having him recount the Champion's tale without actually being there. Plus I like his area of effect abilities.

If it were real life I'd totally take up blood magic to get with Merrill.

I don't see how anybody could see anything worth that much for that character.

I find her to be an incredibly annoying character, too irrational for the likes of me.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
02-11-2014, 06:39 AM
(02-11-2014 06:30 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(02-11-2014 06:24 AM)yakherder Wrote:  If it were real life I'd totally take up blood magic to get with Merrill.

I don't see how anybody could see anything worth that much for that character.

I find her to be an incredibly annoying character, too irrational for the likes of me.

They were just trying to make it somewhat realistic.

'Murican Canadian
03-11-2014, 03:28 PM
So I'm all like, "man, I feel like playing WoW again.." and than I'm like "oh yea.. it's $20 a month... I think I'll just get pizza instead."
And that children is the story of why Muffs is having pizza for lunch today. Big Grin

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
03-11-2014, 05:10 PM
I been playing Double Action Boogaloo
A new free2play game on steam. Its a first/third person shooter where you shoot other players using fancy dives and slides Max Payne style. You get more points for stylish kills and completing optional in-game side missions like kill the target, retrieve the briefcase, and race to checkpoints. You can activate bullet time when you fill your style meter.
You get unlimited ammo but you'll need to reload your guns. I actually like that style of play, you don't have to scrounge around for ammo packs, another game that did this well was fistful of frags. That's more of a western shooter with some period guns, another really fun one.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell