What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-11-2014, 12:28 AM
RE: What are you playing?
(12-11-2014 11:21 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  
(12-11-2014 07:51 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  I've been back to slinging Kerbals into space again.

This is the result of my latest escapade:
[Image: 60364E9B8E2F44FF8527AC3ECFC9D1BAFFC1AAEB]

For my first use of docking ports, I think it was an admirable effort at a shitty little station.

Though the more observant players may notice the major flaw in my design.

Thumbsup

Nice!

Consider

Um.. I see no flaw... Just an opportunity for more Kerbal engineering. Tongue

Let me guess.. You're concerned with the distance of your docking ports in regards to the dimensions/radius of your hull?

Simple! Just send up 'rover' ports. Long tubes with their own thrusters etc which can detach from the delivery vehicle and thence fly themselves to the docking rings on the station.

They won't have any structural strength, but you'll be able to get your space planes and resupply ships in to dock. Thumbsup

All the very best and good luck with your future Kerbal adventures.

Much cheers to all.

Thanks!

It's not distances I'm concerned about in reference to the major design flaw; it's that nothing can dock in the sides because the docking ports are placed the wrong way around. Big Grin
Not a bad first-time attempt, I dare-say.

But for now, I think I'll stick to 'conventional' ships in my Science Career instead of stations... until I can get around to building them. Then maybe I can stop relying on abominations like this:
[Image: 6A642BF17A32AA81571F31EDE37176B95D3FCD57]
to get me into space.

Current target: Minmus.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-11-2014, 02:05 AM
Why aren't you 'stacking' your fuel tanks higher? You can use the struts to 'stitch' them together for extra strength and such.

[Image: 2014_11_13_00001.jpg]

Here's my latest lifter. The payload on top is about 200 ton of fuel.

Having access to the large docking ports is a must for the biggest tanks. The plan is to dock lots of the payload tanks together. Put a crew cabin on the top/front and an engine block on the bottom/rear. LOTS of orbital docking to come for me.

This is my latest rover experiment. Slapped the parts together in about 15 min and have taken it on a spin across Kerbin. Is doing so well I'll probably add a few little extras and replace the current Mun rover I have. Smile

[Image: 2014_11_06_00003.jpg]

Much cheers to all.
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
13-11-2014, 03:06 AM
(03-11-2014 05:19 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Marvel Heros 2015

F2P MMO. Not put a ton of time in yet but it is kind of fun.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
13-11-2014, 03:25 AM
(13-11-2014 02:05 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Why aren't you 'stacking' your fuel tanks higher? You can use the struts to 'stitch' them together for extra strength and such.

[Image: 2014_11_13_00001.jpg]

Here's my latest lifter. The payload on top is about 200 ton of fuel.

Having access to the large docking ports is a must for the biggest tanks. The plan is to dock lots of the payload tanks together. Put a crew cabin on the top/front and an engine block on the bottom/rear. LOTS of orbital docking to come for me.

This is my latest rover experiment. Slapped the parts together in about 15 min and have taken it on a spin across Kerbin. Is doing so well I'll probably add a few little extras and replace the current Mun rover I have. Smile

[Image: 2014_11_06_00003.jpg]

Much cheers to all.

I don't tend to stack those sorts of fuel tanks up high because they seem like more weight then their worth, plus the taller they are, the less they seem to like the asparagus staging I tend to default with; keeps a constant fuel supply while shedding unnecessary weight evenly. Of course, I guess I could make the boosters a tad larger, they might be able to get me a bit further before I have to dump them; currently this set up can get me to the Mun with two orange tanks at about half full and my second to last stage untouched. Pity I have to waste all of that spare fuel though... Don't have any ports in this file.

I have to ask; what's up with the bottom of the rockets?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
13-11-2014, 04:04 AM
Close up on pad.

[Image: 2014_11_13_00002.jpg]

Close up in VAB.

[Image: 2014_11_13_00003.jpg]

Basically under the biggest tanks I 'part clip' four main-sails and nine of the 250 thruster smaller engines.

Makes for something pushing upwards at something over 6K of thrust. Smile

Then, there are five of those engine clusters pushing the stack into the sky. Will be building a stack with nine (One central, eight around the outside) and see how much that combo can lift. Smile

Very much cheers to all.
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
13-11-2014, 04:22 AM
Kerbal was the last game I regularly played. Hubby is trying to get me to play it again because he liked what I produced before. I haven't played with contracts yet. I remember once spending a week developing an asparagus that used those two belled engines which give out the purple flame (can't remember what they are called, sorry). It needs fixing now. They must have increased the strength of the separatrons. It started to feel too much like work for me.

I was trying to capture all the asteroids and hook them up in low Kerbal orbit in some sort of sculpture of a Kerbal figuring but it was too buggy at the time.
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
14-11-2014, 02:37 PM
(13-11-2014 03:06 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(03-11-2014 05:19 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Marvel Heros 2015

F2P MMO. Not put a ton of time in yet but it is kind of fun.

I have this fucking game and it won't accept my user name.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
14-11-2014, 02:45 PM
woohoo I was given the option today to preload my preordered dragonage 3 game *click click click* 10 more minutes and its all mine MINE MINE!!!! hehehe uh-huh mmmmmm

now the moment I get home from work Tuesday, it will be ready for me to play, rather than walk in and sit watching the load screen as the server lag of hundreds of thousands of people simultaneously download the game suck the very life out of me watching the load bar creep like it's 1995 all over again......muahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Unsure

Yes

Drooling

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
14-11-2014, 02:56 PM
(14-11-2014 02:37 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(13-11-2014 03:06 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  

I have this fucking game and it won't accept my user name.

Yeah I had to use a variant of mine as well.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
14-11-2014, 08:58 PM
(14-11-2014 02:45 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  woohoo I was given the option today to preload my preordered dragonage 3 game *click click click* 10 more minutes and its all mine MINE MINE!!!! hehehe uh-huh mmmmmm

now the moment I get home from work Tuesday, it will be ready for me to play, rather than walk in and sit watching the load screen as the server lag of hundreds of thousands of people simultaneously download the game suck the very life out of me watching the load bar creep like it's 1995 all over again......muahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Unsure

Yes

Drooling

I am seriously considering getting this, but haven't played the previous ones and hear the lore runs deep. Oh well, GTA:V is out for PS4 same day...