What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-11-2014, 03:10 PM
RE: What are you playing?
Finally wrapped up Dragon's Crown, so I did a tour through Snark Busters: High Society for something quick and painless. Just starting in on Battle Princess of Arcadia.

[Image: MegahentaiSignature_zps7c4b73b2.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-11-2014, 03:59 PM
I've been playing Metro 2033.

It's good, I think I'm close to the end now. If nothing else it has been a solid shooter with a rather interesting world if you are willing to stick around and listen for a while.

I'd probably enjoy it more if I could play it in something that resembled a framerate at least half the time though.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
17-11-2014, 02:00 AM (This post was last modified: 17-11-2014 02:09 AM by EvolutionKills.)
Almost done with the campaign of Valkyria Chronicles on the PC.

[Image: Valkyria-Chronicles-1.jpg]

And yes, that's what the game actually looks like in motion.

[Image: 10285_487cdd111f580.jpg]

[Image: screenshot_ps3_valkyria_chronicles001.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
17-11-2014, 02:06 AM
(17-11-2014 02:00 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Almost done with the campaign of Valkyria Chronicles on the PC.

How is it?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
17-11-2014, 06:44 AM
Looks like a Japanese take on Borderlands (art style wise).

[Image: oscar.png]
17-11-2014, 11:21 AM (This post was last modified: 17-11-2014 11:26 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(17-11-2014 02:06 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(17-11-2014 02:00 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Almost done with the campaign of Valkyria Chronicles on the PC.

How is it?

It's a turn based strategy RPG, set in a fictionalized version of Europe (Europa) at the start of World War II (Second Europan War). There are heavy thematic parallels, so if you're comfortable with the gist of what happened in WWII, you'll have a good idea what's going on here. But that's all setting and fluff, and it takes a back seat to a really fun combat system that has you controlling snipers, shock troopers, lancers (anti-tank rockets that look like a knight's lance), scouts, engineers, and tanks in the defense of the small independent nation of Gallia as the commander of Militia Squad 7. Uniquely at your disposal is a experimental tank named the Edelweiss, a tank built for the protagonist's father (himself a general and war hero of the First Europan War) by his best friend and colleague after the war. You find yourself caught up in the advancing front as you're trying to escape your hometown of Bruhl with your sister Isara, and rely on the Edelweiss to get your family to safety. Thus starts your campaign as Lieutenant Welkin Gunther, citizen solider, university student, tank commander, and ultimately leader of the Lucky 7's.

[Image: valkyria.jpg]

(17-11-2014 06:44 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Looks like a Japanese take on Borderlands (art style wise).

Yeah, except that Borderlands came out in 2009, and this game was originally released on the PS3 back in 2008. Borderlands looks more like a comic book, while Valkyria Chronicles looks more like a pencil sketch with water colors.

Also...

FUCK UBISOFT AND THEIR BULLSHIT!

Six-Year-Old JRPG Beats Assassin's Creed Unity in Steam Charts - The Escapist

The PC port of Valkyria Chronicles claimed the top spot on Steam's download chart following its November 11th release.

[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
17-11-2014, 11:42 AM (This post was last modified: 17-11-2014 11:50 AM by Mathilda.)
(17-11-2014 11:21 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(17-11-2014 06:44 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Looks like a Japanese take on Borderlands (art style wise).

Yeah, except that Borderlands came out in 2009, and this game was originally released on the PS3 back in 2008. Borderlands looks more like a comic book, while Valkyria Chronicles looks more like a pencil sketch with water colors.

The similarities between Codehunters from 2007 and Borderlands are far more obvious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmeP1YkaeTo#t=107

Sorry the video doesn't embed properly but more info here:

http://kotaku.com/5444016/separated-at-b...odehunters
http://www.waitingforotherplayers.com/sh...It-s-a-vid
17-11-2014, 04:11 PM
(17-11-2014 11:21 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(17-11-2014 02:06 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  How is it?

It's a turn based strategy RPG, set in a fictionalized version of Europe (Europa) at the start of World War II (Second Europan War). There are heavy thematic parallels, so if you're comfortable with the gist of what happened in WWII, you'll have a good idea what's going on here. But that's all setting and fluff, and it takes a back seat to a really fun combat system that has you controlling snipers, shock troopers, lancers (anti-tank rockets that look like a knight's lance), scouts, engineers, and tanks in the defense of the small independent nation of Gallia as the commander of Militia Squad 7. Uniquely at your disposal is a experimental tank named the Edelweiss, a tank built for the protagonist's father (himself a general and war hero of the First Europan War) by his best friend and colleague after the war. You find yourself caught up in the advancing front as you're trying to escape your hometown of Bruhl with your sister Isara, and rely on the Edelweiss to get your family to safety. Thus starts your campaign as Lieutenant Welkin Gunther, citizen solider, university student, tank commander, and ultimately leader of the Lucky 7's.

[Image: valkyria.jpg]

Also...

FUCK UBISOFT AND THEIR BULLSHIT!

Six-Year-Old JRPG Beats Assassin's Creed Unity in Steam Charts - The Escapist

The PC port of Valkyria Chronicles claimed the top spot on Steam's download chart following its November 11th release.

Cool.

The PC gamer article on the port seems incredibly praising based purely on technical stuff...

I think I'll get this one in the next year.

26-11-2014, 04:50 AM
Arma3 Altis Life Mod...dont play it... time vacuum Alert !!!!!

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
26-11-2014, 05:50 AM
Dragon Age: Inquisition

New DLC came out for PAYDAY 2 (currently one of my all time favorite shooters) almost 2 weeks ago, and I didn't' even notice. Nothing but Dragon Age: Inquisition...