What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-11-2014, 06:42 AM
RE: What are you playing?
I'm playing, "hey lets go play some Dragon Age: Inquisition, oh wait.. you gotta go to work.".
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-11-2014, 07:47 AM
I've made a return to Empire: Total War.

I'm playing the United Provinces on this run; I'm trying to see how far I can get with building an empire solely on the merit of trade. It's gone well, though some foolish AI decisions did justify my making significant, albeit unplanned, military gains; to such an end, I've decided that every empire which invokes upon itself the wrath of the Provinces shall have it's capital permanently confiscated, and prior to then, the economy will be ruined by blockades and the taking and total razing of territories.

Fortunately, the AI isn't quite being retarded this game... Though Prussia did decide it was a good idea to include in it's request for peace that I hand them Hanover and Saxony.... While they sat trapped in their last city.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
26-11-2014, 09:47 AM
(26-11-2014 06:42 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I'm playing, "hey lets go play some Dragon Age: Inquisition, oh wait.. you gotta go to work.".

I'm still only about 30mins past the prologue because I've been working 12 hour days... Thanks almost exclusively to having bought DA:I and sharing my library with my coworker, who has been conveniently "sick" all week, but seems to be just fine playing my fuckin game. What a cunt.
26-11-2014, 03:49 PM
(26-11-2014 09:47 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(26-11-2014 06:42 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I'm playing, "hey lets go play some Dragon Age: Inquisition, oh wait.. you gotta go to work.".

I'm still only about 30mins past the prologue because I've been working 12 hour days... Thanks almost exclusively to having bought DA:I and sharing my library with my coworker, who has been conveniently "sick" all week, but seems to be just fine playing my fuckin game. What a cunt.

wow that sucks donkey balls.
Payback is in order I suspect.
26-11-2014, 05:39 PM
(26-11-2014 09:47 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  

I thought you didn't like that game. Tongue

Imma go play that game in a minute. Big Grin

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-11-2014, 05:52 PM
Oh yea and WatC, give the game some time. It starts off slow but quickly becomes very fun, particularly when you venture beyond the Hinterlands and start to experience more diverse landscapes and stories and stuff.
26-11-2014, 07:13 PM
On my 360:
Payday 2
Skyrim

On my One:
AC Unity
Far Cry 4
Halo Master Chief Edition

Question: Does anyone have GTA5 and/or BF4 for the One? They any better than the 360 versions?

Atir aissom atir imon
26-11-2014, 07:50 PM
Muffs, give me your thoughts on Total War: Atilla

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
26-11-2014, 08:12 PM
HOLY FUCK A NEW TOTAL WAR GAME!! *shits bricks*

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG *hyperventilating* OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!

TAKE MY MONEY!

They better not fuck it up like they did Rome 2 TW. What they need to do is take the Shogun 2 model for tech and city management (because the Rome 2 city management and technology was terrible). Take the family tree/leader model from Rome 1 TW (the one in Rome 2 felt disjointed, I didn't give a fuck about my leaders like I did in Rome 1). Take the unit model cards from Rome 2 TW but create new units.

Attila the Hun? meh. Yea he fucked Rome up a bit but I can't help but think Genghis Khan (edit: on second thought Genghis Khan wouldn't be a good choice for a TW game.) would have been a better choice. While Attila had a big part to play in the downfall of Rome, he was hardly solely responsible, it took a combined effort of many different Barbarian tribes to bring the Romans truly to their knees.

This time period of Western and Eastern Roman Empire and the fall of the Western Roman Empire isn't exactly my favorite time period either. Perhaps after the fall, around the time of the Byzantium Empire and the rise of Islam would have been more engaging. You could than have Viking factions too in the North with maybe some non-war raiding mechanics. There'd also be more nations to play as during that time period and you could incorporate some religious elements beyond revolt risk. Like religious wars and such.

We'll see.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
26-11-2014, 09:22 PM
(26-11-2014 05:52 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Oh yea and WatC, give the game some time. It starts off slow but quickly becomes very fun, particularly when you venture beyond the Hinterlands and start to experience more diverse landscapes and stories and stuff.

Yeah I did a few main and side quests now, its definitely getting completed... Don't know how fast, but it will happen. Its kinda reminding me of KoTOR, but with less psychotic robot.
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post