What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-12-2014, 12:42 AM
RE: What are you playing?
(23-12-2014 10:15 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(23-12-2014 06:07 AM)Vosur Wrote:  By the unfucked mother of Christ, Hideo Kojima's Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain looks like it's going to be one of the best, if not the best video game of all times. I'm so excited. Big Grin

HEY GUYS LOOK AT THIS 60FPS GAMEPLAY ON 30FPS YOUTUBE!

But yes... This game is gonna be AMAZING.

I played MGS1 & 2. Things started to get wonky in 2, things got even weirder in 3. I never played 4, but at that point, the story (and it's delivery) was an absolute clusterfuck. So this is why I have zero interest in the sequel, because as far as I was concerned, there are other far better stealth games out there (Dishonored, Deus Ex, Splinter Cell).

[Image: mgs4meiling1-copy.jpg]

http://www.giantbomb.com/metal-gear-soli...s--432610/

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-12-2014, 12:52 AM
(24-12-2014 12:42 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(23-12-2014 10:15 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  HEY GUYS LOOK AT THIS 60FPS GAMEPLAY ON 30FPS YOUTUBE!

I played MGS1 & 2. Things started to get wonky in 2, things got even weirder in 3. I never played 4, but at that point, the story (and it's delivery) was an absolute clusterfuck. So this is why I have zero interest in the sequel, because as far as I was concerned, there are other far better stealth games out there (Dishonored, Deus Ex, Splinter Cell).

MGS discussion?!

MGS 3 was the best of them, I say.

[Image: d83.png]

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
24-12-2014, 01:12 AM
(24-12-2014 12:52 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(24-12-2014 12:42 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I played MGS1 & 2. Things started to get wonky in 2, things got even weirder in 3. I never played 4, but at that point, the story (and it's delivery) was an absolute clusterfuck. So this is why I have zero interest in the sequel, because as far as I was concerned, there are other far better stealth games out there (Dishonored, Deus Ex, Splinter Cell).

MGS discussion?!

MGS 3 was the best of them, I say.

[Image: d83.png]

My favorite was the MGS1 remake on the Gamecube, The Twin Snakes. It was the MGS2 engine with the MGS1 story, back before it got convoluted and ret-conned to fucking hell.

[Image: 256px-Ttsbox.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
24-12-2014, 09:14 AM

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
24-12-2014, 09:18 AM
(24-12-2014 12:42 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  [Image: mgs4meiling1-copy.jpg]

Too bad Evo. I actually like the endless dialogue in these games.

And I like David Hayter. A LOT.

24-12-2014, 10:01 AM (This post was last modified: 24-12-2014 10:05 AM by Vosur.)
(23-12-2014 10:15 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  HEY GUYS LOOK AT THIS 60FPS GAMEPLAY ON 30FPS YOUTUBE!

The hell are you talking about, boy? YouTube has been supporting 60fps videos for quite some time now. It doesn't work using Firefox, but it does work using Google Chrome. Tongue

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
24-12-2014, 06:03 PM
Still more Dwarf Fortress. It's been pretty much the only thing I've played for a week now.

So; I'm up to my fourth actual fortress, and things are going well. I've got an effective population of 11 so far thanks to the first migration (which I finally got one after tinkering with the config). I have one farmer-dwarf who is practically a baby factory; she's pumped out three of the damn things in the last year.
unfortunately, however, I've had a rather strange set of occurrences: First I was besieged by humans; why I'll never know. After a small time a goblin siege occurred; this seemingly cancelled out the humans, as they seem to have disappeared. The goblins were immediately supplanted by a necromancer siege. I have yet to attempt to break this siege; last time I was faced with such an incident an entire fortress of dwarfs (that is to say 7, who were admittedly poorly armed and armoured) was wiped out by a single goblin corpse, so I'm trying to play it safe. It would probably be over by now however if the bastards would come to my fort, but they seem quite happy to mill about mindlessly several Z-levels above us. I am attempting to tunnel up to them, after which I will fill the tunnel with traps and hope they come shambling down to their doom. If they do and the traps fail, I'm hoping my silver war hammer militia will be able to finish the job.
Fortunately, I've an apparently very efficient farming operation going on, which is easily keeping my dwarfs feed and boozed up, though they've not had meat for a year now.. and I'm tempted to slaughter one of the livestock, but with the necromancer, it's too risky.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
26-12-2014, 07:04 PM
So I got crysis 4 on the xbox one

[Image: th?id=HN.607987565008653641&pid=...mp;amp;P=0]

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
28-12-2014, 07:16 AM
(26-12-2014 07:04 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  So I got crysis 4 on the xbox one

[Image: th?id=HN.607987565008653641&pid=...mp;amp;P=0]

Really? I didn't know the new version of the Crytek engine sucked so much in comparison to the last one...

28-12-2014, 07:20 AM
Well, I'm not playing Inquisition because my piece of crap sabertooth died. I did just get XCOM: Enemy Within for my iPad; prolly doing that later.

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user