What are you playing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-12-2014, 06:28 PM
RE: What are you playing?
(28-12-2014 10:09 PM)earthling Wrote:  ZUMA

[Image: zumablitzfacebook.jpg]

It's addictive. Waiting on GTA5. Any day now....

[Image: 127283.jpg]

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
30-12-2014, 02:26 AM
I'm loving Far Cry 4. I've logged about 30 hours so far and I'm not even half way through the game. I'm just loving the exploration and scenery.

Atir aissom atir imon
30-12-2014, 05:15 AM
(30-12-2014 02:26 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  I'm loving Far Cry 4. I've logged about 30 hours so far and I'm not even half way through the game. I'm just loving the exploration and scenery.

I can't give Ubisoft my money. If it ever hits the sub-$5 range a few years from now with all of the DLC or something, it might be worth it then. But from what I've seen of the game, the mechanics are not any departure from FC3, and I already have FC3. The story is forgettable and disposable, and unfortunately right now Ubisoft is one of the largest group of cunts in the industry. Their anti-consumer DRM and shitty PC ports, in addition to releasing broken pieces of shit like Assassin's Creed: Unity, has put them on my embargo list. I mean, I want to give them my money, but they keep fucking it up. It's almost like they want everyone to just pirate their broken shit.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
30-12-2014, 06:35 AM
WTF? I've played Zuma. Tongue

What I ain't playing is Inquisition, which still says I ain't logged in, even though I can access origin in game. I think I broke it. Sadcryface2

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-12-2014, 11:10 AM
(30-12-2014 05:15 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(30-12-2014 02:26 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  I'm loving Far Cry 4. I've logged about 30 hours so far and I'm not even half way through the game. I'm just loving the exploration and scenery.

I can't give Ubisoft my money. If it ever hits the sub-$5 range a few years from now with all of the DLC or something, it might be worth it then. But from what I've seen of the game, the mechanics are not any departure from FC3, and I already have FC3. The story is forgettable and disposable, and unfortunately right now Ubisoft is one of the largest group of cunts in the industry. Their anti-consumer DRM and shitty PC ports, in addition to releasing broken pieces of shit like Assassin's Creed: Unity, has put them on my embargo list. I mean, I want to give them my money, but they keep fucking it up. It's almost like they want everyone to just pirate their broken shit.

The thing is, Ryan plays xbox, so how they treat PC may be different from xbox.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
30-12-2014, 08:36 PM
(30-12-2014 05:15 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  

I have Unity as well, nothing was broken in it. Actually worked better than some previous titles *cough*AC3*cough*. I don't get all the hate for it, but then again, like Zeke said:
(30-12-2014 11:10 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  The thing is, Ryan plays xbox, so how they treat PC may be different from xbox.

It is definitely different from PC. The games actually work, and though buggy, are really no different than any major retailer in the industry.

On the other hand, I loved Far Cry 3 and Far Cry 4 is shaping up to be a good sequel in my opinion. That being said, if you don't like FC3, your won't like FC4

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 1 user Likes Im_Ryan's post
31-12-2014, 04:00 AM (This post was last modified: 31-12-2014 04:05 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(30-12-2014 08:36 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(30-12-2014 05:15 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I can't give Ubisoft my money. If it ever hits the sub-$5 range a few years from now with all of the DLC or something, it might be worth it then. But from what I've seen of the game, the mechanics are not any departure from FC3, and I already have FC3. The story is forgettable and disposable, and unfortunately right now Ubisoft is one of the largest group of cunts in the industry. Their anti-consumer DRM and shitty PC ports, in addition to releasing broken pieces of shit like Assassin's Creed: Unity, has put them on my embargo list. I mean, I want to give them my money, but they keep fucking it up. It's almost like they want everyone to just pirate their broken shit.

I have Unity as well, nothing was broken in it. Actually worked better than some previous titles *cough*AC3*cough*. I don't get all the hate for it, but then again, like Zeke said:
(30-12-2014 11:10 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  The thing is, Ryan plays xbox, so how they treat PC may be different from xbox.

It is definitely different from PC. The games actually work, and though buggy, are really no different than any major retailer in the industry.

On the other hand, I loved Far Cry 3 and Far Cry 4 is shaping up to be a good sequel in my opinion. That being said, if you don't like FC3, your won't like FC4

Behold TotalBiscuit, one of the best PC oriented YouTube channels around. He just built a brand new gaming machine utilizing a Intel Core i7-5930K 3.5GHz 6-Core processor, 16GB (4x4) of Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 RAM at 2800Hz, and a pair of ASUS nVidia GTX 980 video cards. Pure numbers aside, that's easily double to triple the raw power of any home console (seriously, check out the specs below). For reference, this is a couple thousand dollar gaming machine, running a pair of the fastest gaming graphics cards currently available (they alone cost $550+ a piece, easily more than a home console by itself). Even on this monster rig, he cannot play Unity at a playable frame-rate at just 1080p on High settings. This still doesn't take into account the slew of graphics glitches and other bugs, like corrupted faces, holes in character models, broken quests, falling through the world, etc.

[Image: 2732762-unitybug.jpg]

AMD Playstation 4 GPU
GPU Clock: 800 MHz
Memory Clock: 1375 MHz, 5500 MHz effective
Shading Units: 1152
Pixel Rate: 25.6 GPixel/s
Texture Rate: 57.6 GTexel/s
Floating-point performance: 1,843 GFLOPS
Memory Size: 8192 MB
Memory Type: GDDR5
Memory Bus: 256 bit
Bandwidth: 176 GB/s

nVidia GTX 980
GPU Clock: 1127 MHz
Boost Clock: 1216 MHz
Memory Clock: 1753 MHz, 7012 MHz effective
Shading Units: 2048
Pixel Rate: 72.1 GPixel/s
Texture Rate: 144 GTexel/s
Floating-point performance: 4,616 GFLOPS
Memory Size: 4096 MB
Bandwidth: 224 GB/s

Now keep in mind that there were two of these things running in SLI, in addition to having their own dedicated video RAM, whereas the PS4 shares it's entire 8GB for both system and v-RAM for the GPU (each GTX980 has 4GB DDR5 of it's own ram, in addition to 16GB of DDR4 system RAM). The PS4 has an 8 core AMD processor running at 1.6GHz, whereas TB's rig has an 6 core Intel running at 3.5 stock (it's also Hyperthreaded, giving it 12 effective virtual threads to the PS4's 8), and overclocked to at least 4GHz. So yeah, we can safely conclude that the PC port of Unity is an unoptimized shitty mess, and all version suffered from an unacceptable level of bugs and glitches for a full priced premium AAA title.

[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
31-12-2014, 06:39 AM
(31-12-2014 04:00 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(30-12-2014 08:36 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  I have Unity as well, nothing was broken in it. Actually worked better than some previous titles *cough*AC3*cough*. I don't get all the hate for it, but then again, like Zeke said:

Behold TotalBiscuit, one of the best PC oriented YouTube channels around. He just built a brand new gaming machine utilizing a Intel Core i7-5930K 3.5GHz 6-Core processor, 16GB (4x4) of Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 RAM at 2800Hz, and a pair of ASUS nVidia GTX 980 video cards. Pure numbers aside, that's easily double to triple the raw power of any home console (seriously, check out the specs below). For reference, this is a couple thousand dollar gaming machine, running a pair of the fastest gaming graphics cards currently available (they alone cost $550+ a piece, easily more than a home console by itself). Even on this monster rig, he cannot play Unity at a playable frame-rate at just 1080p on High settings. This still doesn't take into account the slew of graphics glitches and other bugs, like corrupted faces, holes in character models, broken quests, falling through the world, etc.

AMD Playstation 4 GPU

nVidia GTX 980

Now keep in mind that there were two of these things running in SLI, in addition to having their own dedicated video RAM, whereas the PS4 shares it's entire 8GB for both system and v-RAM for the GPU (each GTX980 has 4GB DDR5 of it's own ram, in addition to 16GB of DDR4 system RAM). The PS4 has an 8 core AMD processor running at 1.6GHz, whereas TB's rig has an 6 core Intel running at 3.5 stock (it's also Hyperthreaded, giving it 12 effective virtual threads to the PS4's 8), and overclocked to at least 4GHz. So yeah, we can safely conclude that the PC port of Unity is an unoptimized shitty mess, and all version suffered from an unacceptable level of bugs and glitches for a full priced premium AAA title.

To be totally honest with you, I don't speak computer specs so I'll just nod my head and agree with you. Although, like I said, I can't speak for the PC ports. My Xbox one game was fine, buggy yes, but not game breaking. Ubisoft is just following the lines other companies have made that release games that aren't finished. They aren't the only ones.

Just to be clear, I'm in no way defending what they're doing. I'm just saying you can't really hate on them specifically for what just about every other company is doing. Now if you want to hate them for becoming EA with their shitty micro transactions I'll hop on that bandwagon with you.

Atir aissom atir imon
31-12-2014, 06:49 AM
(31-12-2014 06:39 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(31-12-2014 04:00 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Behold TotalBiscuit, one of the best PC oriented YouTube channels around. He just built a brand new gaming machine utilizing a Intel Core i7-5930K 3.5GHz 6-Core processor, 16GB (4x4) of Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 RAM at 2800Hz, and a pair of ASUS nVidia GTX 980 video cards. Pure numbers aside, that's easily double to triple the raw power of any home console (seriously, check out the specs below). For reference, this is a couple thousand dollar gaming machine, running a pair of the fastest gaming graphics cards currently available (they alone cost $550+ a piece, easily more than a home console by itself). Even on this monster rig, he cannot play Unity at a playable frame-rate at just 1080p on High settings. This still doesn't take into account the slew of graphics glitches and other bugs, like corrupted faces, holes in character models, broken quests, falling through the world, etc.

AMD Playstation 4 GPU

nVidia GTX 980

To be totally honest with you, I don't speak computer specs so I'll just nod my head and agree with you. Although, like I said, I can't speak for the PC ports. My Xbox one game was fine, buggy yes, but not game breaking. Ubisoft is just following the lines other companies have made that release games that aren't finished. They aren't the only ones.

Just to be clear, I'm in no way defending what they're doing. I'm just saying you can't really hate on them specifically for what just about every other company is doing. Now if you want to hate them for becoming EA with their shitty micro transactions I'll hop on that bandwagon with you.

Oh by all means, I don't limit my hate to just Ubisoft; I am an equal opportunity hater of corporate douchbaggery. Big Grin

31-12-2014, 06:53 AM
(31-12-2014 06:49 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(31-12-2014 06:39 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  To be totally honest with you, I don't speak computer specs so I'll just nod my head and agree with you. Although, like I said, I can't speak for the PC ports. My Xbox one game was fine, buggy yes, but not game breaking. Ubisoft is just following the lines other companies have made that release games that aren't finished. They aren't the only ones.

Oh by all means, I don't limit my hate to just Ubisoft; I am an equal opportunity hater of corporate douchbaggery. Big Grin

Haha fair enough. It's hard to find a good game company now. I miss the N64 days Sad

*insert reminiscing montage here*

Atir aissom atir imon