What are you really? (What or Who is God?)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-09-2012, 06:58 AM
RE: What are you really? (What or Who is God?)
in the literal sense, you and I are 'light upon mass'

if our actions (light) combines with other, rises and lives longer (good)

if our actions cause a loss to the common, its bad

if you want to understand the light, look up the spectrum, faraday, maxwell or just go into the science section, they're learning about gravity/entanglement and the fields of LIGHT.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bishadi's post
08-09-2012, 07:49 AM
Sorry for being late to the party, I had to find 2 cents, they're not valid form currency any more..
But I will be glad to rid myself if this damned 5 cent coin.

It makes sense that you ask for a definition of god before creating a definition of yourself but it confuses me why you worry about another's definition, though I am sure you have your own reasoning that I missed along the line.

Also, I must say, at the end you make a nice case there; It's like you logic god to inexistence.. Or at least prove that it is not worth a dime a day
(Or more accurately for myself 5 cents a day.)

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
08-09-2012, 08:42 AM
(08-09-2012 06:54 AM)Bishadi Wrote:  are you wanting a straight answer?

"GOD" is mother nature itself (existence itself: all mass, all energy, all time)

IN science the BB folk combine (guestimate), all of the mass, energy and go backwards, in the 'time' with virial theorem, for the whole created idea of a big bang from a 'singularity' point.

Welll that is what many do with 'the gods'. They start storiy telling with "once upon a time' or "in the beginning'

BUT the FACT is, YOU and I are alive between both points in time (beginning/ending), right here in the garden (nature), living, breathing, eating, and snoring, right here within the BODY OF GOD (nature itself)

in the fun sense, the he is a she (god being, mother nature itself)

the idiots have created an idea that a 'god' is a separate entity from all that we experience to exist. Basically, manmade da gods, while mother is our everything.

YOU and I are like a splash within the ocean of existence, with the ability to make waves, by choice.

that's it!

what makes us so cool, is we can 'create' something, and it live, beyond our conscious awareness. For example: before you go to sleep tonight, turn on the TV.

That was an odd feeling.

The above made sense. Hurrah!

Maybe it's cos I've started a course of HoC-medication... I think it's working like a Babel fish.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
08-09-2012, 09:10 AM (This post was last modified: 08-09-2012 09:59 PM by Grassy Knoll.)
I'm a rational human bean. God is an emotional blanky ;-)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Grassy Knoll's post
08-09-2012, 06:47 PM
A lot of interesting responses. We non-theists are certainly a weird bunch. I never thought of nature as being God, just that some people mistook nature for God because it so massive, complex, beautiful, and misunderstood. I think this just leads additional credence to my need to have other define what God is to them before I can explain what I am.

Free Thought, it is simply so I can accurately be understood. Since the definition of God is so ambiguous, and varied, I must first find out what they believe before I can make myself understood.

Ultimately, our need as humans to categorize and label the world around us may be the true culprit in all of this confusion. Labels do not allow for the grey area in-between, but it is the easiest way for us to quickly understand something. However, labels can also be very useful. It helps us quickly identify and create relationships between things and ideas.

08-09-2012, 07:48 PM
(08-09-2012 06:47 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  A lot of interesting responses. We non-theists are certainly a weird bunch. I never thought of nature as being God, just that some people mistook nature for God because it so massive, complex, beautiful, and misunderstood. I think this just leads additional credence to my need to have other define what God is to them before I can explain what I am.

Free Thought, it is simply so I can accurately be understood. Since the definition of God is so ambiguous, and varied, I must first find out what they believe before I can make myself understood.

Ultimately, our need as humans to categorize and label the world around us may be the true culprit in all of this confusion. Labels do not allow for the grey area in-between, but it is the easiest way for us to quickly understand something. However, labels can also be very useful. It helps us quickly identify and create relationships between things and ideas.

Like I said, I'm sure you have your reasons and I get where you're coming from with this.

Keep pondering the issue... Or get an incredibly monotonous job, maybe it'll make things click.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
08-09-2012, 11:33 PM
(08-09-2012 07:48 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(08-09-2012 06:47 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  A lot of interesting responses. We non-theists are certainly a weird bunch. I never thought of nature as being God, just that some people mistook nature for God because it so massive, complex, beautiful, and misunderstood. I think this just leads additional credence to my need to have other define what God is to them before I can explain what I am.

Like I said, I'm sure you have your reasons and I get where you're coming from with this.

Keep pondering the issue... Or get an incredibly monotonous job, maybe it'll make things click.

Do I detect a hint of condescension and a attitude of self-superiority? If that wasn't the intent, that is certainly how your post seemed to me...

09-09-2012, 12:27 AM
(08-09-2012 11:33 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(08-09-2012 07:48 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Like I said, I'm sure you have your reasons and I get where you're coming from with this.

Do I detect a hint of condescension and a attitude of self-superiority? If that wasn't the intent, that is certainly how your post seemed to me...

What, no I didn't mean for any of that.

I just reiterated initial my point (you have reasons), said I get what you are saying, and then told you to keep pondering the issues at hand, or get an incredibly monotonous job, that way you have something to distract yourself with so you can think clearly later on...

I am hardly superior to anybody here, and I've no reason to think so...

09-09-2012, 12:40 AM
(07-09-2012 02:06 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  When people ask me what I am religiously, I always first ask them to define God. But definitions are different from religion to religion or even person to person.

If a God (or Goddess) is all all-knowing, all powerful deity and the creator of everything then I am an atheist.

If a God (or Goddess) is just a creator of our universe, that is not all knowing and all powerful I would say I a doubtful agnostic or atheist agnostic.

If Gods (or Goddesses) are simply beings that are much more powerful than we are, sufficiently more advanced than us humans I would say I am a hopeful agnostic or perhaps a 'pagan agnostic'.

What I am to you is completely dependent on a simple, agreed upon definition.

Of course there are combinations that I have left out, because I have not come across anyone who believes in a supernatural being that for example is all powerful but doesn't know everything.

If I am wrong, and there is an all knowing, all powerful God then free-will is an illusion, which means God made me a non-believer so he/she/it can't be upset with me, only his/her/its self. If God is angry at me for it then I judge it evil (which again I was fated to do) and wouldn't want to worship it anyway.

Whats your 2 cents?

I would argue it god is the first cause in a deistic fashion I am an agnostic.

If god, gods or godesses exist and can effect the world in some way I am an atheist.

I think if any god can have an effect on objects in the universe, those effects could be measured and studied scientifically. In other words god would've been detected already.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
09-09-2012, 10:12 AM
god is a reflection of humanity, containing all of the darker things of humanity while being good at the same time.

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.