What are your biggest pet peeves?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-10-2014, 06:51 PM
What are your biggest pet peeves?
I have several, but I will share my top two at the moment.
1. Mean people. I prefer nice over mean any day.
2. When people don't follow through on their word. This drives me nuts. If you say you are or are not going to do something, then stick to it. I understand sometimes we have extenuating circumstances and that's fine, but it shouldn't be a common occurrence.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-10-2014, 07:02 PM (This post was last modified: 24-10-2014 07:05 PM by Free Thought.)
RE: What are your biggest pet peeves?
Right now one of my biggest pet peeves is people who use the word 'organic' correctly.

But this is merely one of many.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
24-10-2014, 08:07 PM (This post was last modified: 24-10-2014 08:11 PM by GirlyMan.)
"At the end of the day that's the beauty of it." ... you gonna die 'cause at the end of the day I'm gonna kill you for cliché. That's the beauty of it.

#sigh
24-10-2014, 08:23 PM
My pet peeve is agriculture and everything that's happened since it was discovered.

'Murican Canadian
24-10-2014, 08:48 PM
(24-10-2014 06:51 PM)TN Skeptic Wrote:  I have several, but I will share my top two at the moment.
1. Mean people. I prefer nice over mean any day.
2. When people don't follow through on their word. This drives me nuts. If you say you are or are not going to do something, then stick to it. I understand sometimes we have extenuating circumstances and that's fine, but it shouldn't be a common occurrence.

I highly agree on these, but those are a matter of principle, which goes far beyond pet peeves for me. Another principle one for me is when somebody does something for somebody and then throws it in the person's face down the road.

I get really annoyed by bad grammar. I find it really annoying when people who grew up speaking English constantly use common words in the wrong context:
- Your and you're
- There, they're, and their
- To, too, and two

People who use an "s" on nouns that are already plural. They'll say things like "peoples", "childrens", etc.

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes WindyCityJazz's post
24-10-2014, 09:28 PM
Bless you as a response to sneezing. It's asinine; why the fuck are you blessing me for sneezing? When the fuck did a sneeze warrant a divine proclamation? Virtually every other language responds wishing the sneezer good health, that makes sense; blessing doesn't. So I always respond with gesundheit instead.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post
24-10-2014, 09:29 PM
(24-10-2014 08:23 PM)yakherder Wrote:  My pet peeve is agriculture and everything that's happened since it was discovered.

Your biggest pet peeve is the progress of humanity from nomadic hunter-gatherers to centralised communal agrarians?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
24-10-2014, 09:31 PM
My pet's peeve is when he wants a treat and he grabs his sock-puppet monkey and tosses it at me, and I ask him what he wants. I know he's thinking "Why me O Lord ? Of all the available owners, I get this idiot dude. He KNOWS when I throw something at him, I want a treat. Is he too stupid to learn that trick, or what ?"

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
24-10-2014, 11:37 PM
(24-10-2014 09:31 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  My pet's peeve is when he wants a treat and he grabs his sock-puppet monkey and tosses it at me, and I ask him what he wants. I know he's thinking "Why me O Lord ? Of all the available owners, I get this idiot dude. He KNOWS when I throw something at him, I want a treat. Is he too stupid to learn that trick, or what ?"

Nobody wants to hear about your sex life Bucky.. Dodgy
24-10-2014, 11:44 PM
(24-10-2014 09:29 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(24-10-2014 08:23 PM)yakherder Wrote:  My pet peeve is agriculture and everything that's happened since it was discovered.

Your biggest pet peeve is the progress of humanity from nomadic hunter-gatherers to centralised communal agrarians?

Yeah but in different words. From egalitarian hunter/gatherer/scavengers to scarce resource dependent sexually repressed drones whose continuation is dependent on the suppression of most of the instincts that would have otherwise contributed to our survival, the end result being a life that no matter how successful, just never feels quite right.

'Murican Canadian