What are your biggest pet peeves?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-10-2014, 11:52 PM
RE: What are your biggest pet peeves?
(24-10-2014 11:44 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(24-10-2014 09:29 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Your biggest pet peeve is the progress of humanity from nomadic hunter-gatherers to centralised communal agrarians?

Yeah but in different words. From egalitarian hunter/gatherer/scavengers to scarce resource dependent sexually repressed drones whose continuation is dependent on the suppression of most of the instincts that would have otherwise contributed to our survival, the end result being a life that no matter how successful, just never feels quite right.

You're one of those cunts aren't ya?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-10-2014, 11:58 PM
(24-10-2014 11:44 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Yeah but in different words. From egalitarian hunter/gatherer/scavengers to scarce resource dependent sexually repressed drones whose continuation is dependent on the suppression of most of the instincts that would have otherwise contributed to our survival, the end result being a life that no matter how successful, just never feels quite right.

Uh, what makes you think they were egalitarian? Consider

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
24-10-2014, 11:59 PM
(24-10-2014 11:44 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(24-10-2014 09:29 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Your biggest pet peeve is the progress of humanity from nomadic hunter-gatherers to centralised communal agrarians?

Yeah but in different words. From egalitarian hunter/gatherer/scavengers to scarce resource dependent sexually repressed drones whose continuation is dependent on the suppression of most of the instincts that would have otherwise contributed to our survival, the end result being a life that no matter how successful, just never feels quite right.

Scare resource dependant?

Unless my education is lacking, I could have sworn that human populations grew and life-spans increased during to period when agriculture developed, thanks to the food supply being exactly the opposite of scarce.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
25-10-2014, 12:12 AM (This post was last modified: 25-10-2014 12:15 AM by yakherder.)
(24-10-2014 11:58 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(24-10-2014 11:44 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Yeah but in different words. From egalitarian hunter/gatherer/scavengers to scarce resource dependent sexually repressed drones whose continuation is dependent on the suppression of most of the instincts that would have otherwise contributed to our survival, the end result being a life that no matter how successful, just never feels quite right.

Uh, what makes you think they were egalitarian? Consider

That's actually the one part that isn't too heavily debated. It is fairly well accepted that they were egalitarian in nature. Lifespan, pair bonding habits, and whether or not they were violent is where the debate is, and that's gonna have to wait until I'm off work because I have no desire to write an essay on my phone Tongue.

But to sum it up, much of what we assume is based on flawed research, and the standard narrative of short lived savages has more holes than.... well, something that has a lot of holes in it. I was gonna say swiss cheese but that's overused.

'Murican Canadian
25-10-2014, 12:45 AM
Don't have too many, just rather a few things people say bother me.

Such as saying, it's the year 2014 how can X not be X.. yadda yadda.. just the reserving that it's the randomly arbitrary date we describe seems silly to me. I guess it is because it has an element of viewing progress simply as a ladder to be climbed up as time goes.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
25-10-2014, 01:03 AM
(25-10-2014 12:12 AM)yakherder Wrote:  
(24-10-2014 11:58 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Uh, what makes you think they were egalitarian? Consider

That's actually the one part that isn't too heavily debated. It is fairly well accepted that they were egalitarian in nature. Lifespan, pair bonding habits, and whether or not they were violent is where the debate is, and that's gonna have to wait until I'm off work because I have no desire to write an essay on my phone Tongue.

But to sum it up, much of what we assume is based on flawed research, and the standard narrative of short lived savages has more holes than.... well, something that has a lot of holes in it. I was gonna say swiss cheese but that's overused.

Still, I'm not sure I'd trade electricity and indoor plumbing for that and dying from teeth infections.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]