3. Chess
4. Learnin' bout science!

TELL US YOUR HOBBIES OR PASSIONS!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like ecksperience's post
12-10-2014, 09:21 AM
RE: What are your hobbies or passions?
Music, some old friends get together once a week and just jam for a few hours. No interest in playing anywhere for an audience anymore, just for fun.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
12-10-2014, 09:33 AM
Mine's kind of old school - I sew. I have since I was a kid. I made a lot of my own clothes when I was younger and also made clothes for my kids when they were young.

I have made different types of curtains/window coverings and pillows. I cross stitch and make intricate Christmas stockings. I have created or improved many Halloween costumes and made decorations for the house, including lining a small coffin we built.

I made a vest and chaps for a pageant my younger granddaughter was in and I am the official Girl Scout badge sew-er onner for my older granddaughter.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
12-10-2014, 11:53 AM
First is music. I play sax with the local community band. I play bass with a jam group for fun. I used to play out but kids and job take priority. I roadie for my kids bands, both the HS for my girls and elementary for my son. Since I started playing in middle school I have played 10 different instruments. Currently I am still competent in three, sax, bass guitar and rhythm guitar. Just not enough hours in the week to play them all.

I enjoy triathlons. I have done three in the past two years. They were the short distance ones. So I spend a bit of time running and cycling. I need to find some time to swim. I really want to move up from sprint distance races.

Finally. Saltwater reef tanks. I have a 60 gallon cube tank with 4 fish and 42 live corals. Not quite done stocking with fish yet. This is a new tank so takes a little with to get everything in and doing well. I have been keeping saltwater tanks since 98. I started keeping aquariums when I was really young.
[+] 1 user Likes wazzel's post
12-10-2014, 12:40 PM (This post was last modified: 13-10-2014 12:21 AM by Logisch.)
- Restoring and enjoying sports cars (Porsche cars for the last 7 years, now restoring a Lamborghini)
- Astrophotography and astronomy
- Paragliding
- Cigars
- Being a social recluse

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
12-10-2014, 12:45 PM
My hobbies include counting to 10, wearing socks, putting thumbtacks in cork and cutting paper.
[+] 2 users Like Drunkin Druid's post
12-10-2014, 12:57 PM
In no particular order:
  • Reading, especially science
  • Shooting sports
  • Golf
  • Photography
  • Collecting, restoring, trading watches
  • Astronomy
  • Programming
  • Cooking/eating
  • Being grumpy Big Grin

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
12-10-2014, 01:15 PM
(12-10-2014 09:33 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Mine's kind of old school - I sew. I have since I was a kid. I made a lot of my own clothes when I was younger and also made clothes for my kids when they were young.

I have made different types of curtains/window coverings and pillows. I cross stitch and make intricate Christmas stockings. I have created or improved many Halloween costumes and made decorations for the house, including lining a small coffin we built.

I made a vest and chaps for a pageant my younger granddaughter was in and I am the official Girl Scout badge sew-er onner for my older granddaughter.

I really really want to learn how to sew. I want to be able to make anything I want from scratch. Sadly, I didn't make the best of the time I spent last year in my hometown and I didn't get my mum or my grandma (who has been doing it since she was 14) to teach me Sad

As for me, I love drawing and singing most of all. I also spend a lot of time translating stuff and aim to learn as many languages as I can.

My problem is, I have too many interests and too many hobbies I want to get into. I could list them but it would probably fill up the thread Blush

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
12-10-2014, 01:21 PM
Hobbies:

Paragliding
Growing fruit and vegetables

Passionate about Artificiall Intelligence