• 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-10-2014, 02:59 PM
RE: What are your hobbies or passions?
Spreading skepticism
Writing poetry
News Junkie
ABBA
Telling really bad cornball jokes
And watching my Skins loose year after year.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-10-2014, 03:22 PM
(12-10-2014 09:33 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Mine's kind of old school - I sew. I have since I was a kid. I made a lot of my own clothes when I was younger and also made clothes for my kids when they were young.

I have made different types of curtains/window coverings and pillows. I cross stitch and make intricate Christmas stockings. I have created or improved many Halloween costumes and made decorations for the house, including lining a small coffin we built.

I made a vest and chaps for a pageant my younger granddaughter was in and I am the official Girl Scout badge sew-er onner for my older granddaughter.

My wife still makes her own clothes.
She is also into tatting, embroidery, knitting: along with gardeining and piano playing.

As for me...philosophy, writing, reading, gym, outdoors, sport etc
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post
12-10-2014, 03:34 PM
(12-10-2014 01:15 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  I really really want to learn how to sew. I want to be able to make anything I want from scratch. Sadly, I didn't make the best of the time I spent last year in my hometown and I didn't get my mum or my grandma (who has been doing it since she was 14) to teach me Sad

I wish my girls wanted to learn. I have a lot of knowledge, as well as tools and gadgets, that I have gathered for decades that will one day go to waste.

Hand-sewing, in particular, is becoming a lost art.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
12-10-2014, 05:50 PM
Horses. I showed for many years, came out with a few national champions.
Antique cars. 1910 Maxwell, 1925 Chrysler

And....

Hand sewing: cross stitch and embroidery. I'd love to sew clothes, but I could never get along with those confound machines.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 1 user Likes Thinkerbelle's post
12-10-2014, 06:09 PM
1. Surfing
2. Music (classical)
3. Sass Unsure

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
12-10-2014, 06:20 PM
Being motherfucking awesome!

[Image: oscar.png]
12-10-2014, 07:28 PM
In no special order:

1. Listening to music (all kinds -- classical, jazz, rock, blues, country, you name it).
2. Reading (fiction, poetry, philosophy, religion, science, mathematics, ...).
3. Chess.
4. Bicycling.

Things I used to do, but would hurt myself if I tried them now: football, softball, basketball, golf, rock climbing, playing guitar.
12-10-2014, 07:32 PM
Writing stories, music, sketching, film, watching sunsets, reading about psychology/science, good food.
12-10-2014, 07:43 PM (This post was last modified: 13-10-2014 09:02 AM by yakherder.)
Foreign languages
Fitness
Guns ('Merica!)
Mountaineering
Daydreaming of the collapse of civilization

'Murican Canadian
12-10-2014, 09:40 PM
(12-10-2014 09:33 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Mine's kind of old school - I sew. I have since I was a kid. I made a lot of my own clothes when I was younger and also made clothes for my kids when they were young.

I have made different types of curtains/window coverings and pillows. I cross stitch and make intricate Christmas stockings. I have created or improved many Halloween costumes and made decorations for the house, including lining a small coffin we built.

I made a vest and chaps for a pageant my younger granddaughter was in and I am the official Girl Scout badge sew-er onner for my older granddaughter.

Anjele, that's interesting, I turned my sewing hobby into a business. I make custom draperies and pillows and bedding for interior designers all over Portland. The trouble is that I used to love to sew for fun and made my own clothes but now I'm so tired of sewing and cutting and making patterns that I just buy most of my clothes. Hate doing that but I don't have time to sew for myself now.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.